this is quite a laugh. go on, look!

Started by lucas marcone, March 12, 2007, 11:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/pinko.htm

there is more than just pinko so feel free st share past experences with the forum fighters.

thegayhare

I wonder if anyone would get mad at me if I said Ms Amber could qualify as a Godfather

Reese Tora

We lack any empyrical evidence... quick, someone get a newb to disagree with Amber so we can see if anyone tries to  :noobrape
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Heh heh anyways..I dont disagree with you with the godfather bit

thegayhare

I think I might be a Big cat

I'd say my posting style,  here atleast is more playful then serous, even in serous discussions I'm still mostly trying to have fun.  Only a few things realy get me hot and bothered.

xHaZxMaTx

I'd say I'm more Big Cat than Eagle Scout with a dash of Jerk. ;)

Jim Halisstrad

Valynth

It's me!

yes, I do think I'm a bit of artful dodger mixed with a bit of Philosopher.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

I'm not on there, so I'll make my own.  (Note: the description is not me, but a stylized and humorous depiction of the category)

Reference Librarian

Not quite as well-read as Philosopher, but unlike Profundus Maximus, will occasionally admit where his knowledge ends.  This admission usually takes the form of long lists of references and footnotes. He will painstakingly research any fact, figure, or passing reference, but will rarely comment on or analyze these figures.  Reference Librarian rarely makes a statement of position, and often will claim to be arguing in favor of positions contrary to his own.  This allows Reference Librarian to claim victory no matter which side wins.

Unless you have hours of time and access to the Bodleian Library, do not engage Reference Librarian.  Under no circumstances should you allow Reference Librarian to agree with you.

Eagle Scout?  Really?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Admin by definition, I think. Either that or Royals

Although I suspect Nanny or Grammarian or Propeller Head might be more accurate. ;-]

It'd be nice to be Kung Fu master or Philosopher but I doubt I can keep my mouth shut long enough... :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Yeah I think I fall under Big Cat too, most of the time at least.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Aridas

I'm some strange freak mix of a good majority of those... And I have no idea where I fall... It changes every time. Especially mid-"battle".

ITOS

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 13, 2007, 10:24:02 AM
I'm some strange freak mix of a good majority of those... And I have no idea where I fall... It changes every time. Especially mid-"battle".

Same. It's hard to define yourself when you act differently depending on what you are discussing and maybe even what forum you are on.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alan Garou

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe the issue with these is not that you define yourself - nobody can define themselves.

The issue is, what do the rest of the forum think you are. And, I suppose, what do you think the rest of the forum thinks you are....

Of course, that's not usually very good for your ego, since most people like to think of themselves as being on the good side, rather than the evil one. Pity their behaviour seems, on balance, to prove the reverse....

thegayhare

True enough Llearch so for fun I offer up myself as a target. 

What do you good folks think I am?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2007, 03:46:11 PMThe issue is, what do the rest of the forum think you are. And, I suppose, what do you think the rest of the forum thinks you are....

I'm curious as to which one everybody thinks I am.

BTW, llearch, you can't be grammarian unless you can spot the grammatical error under Royals.

xHaZxMaTx

This could easily be converted to a game for the Arena...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on March 13, 2007, 06:10:44 PM
BTW, llearch, you can't be grammarian unless you can spot the grammatical error under Royals.

You mean the optional commas missing from the first sentence? Or the clumsy double-use of "While" to start two consecutive sentences, when it probably shouldn't start any? .... :-]

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2007, 06:31:23 PMYou mean the optional commas missing from the first sentence? Or the clumsy double-use of "While" to start two consecutive sentences, when it probably shouldn't start any? .... :-]

Those are stylistic concerns.  I note that Fowler (in his Dictionary of Modern English Usage) begins a few sentences with `While' in his entry on the term.

No, I was referring to ``from the hoi polloi.''  Hoi means `the,' so it should be ``from hoi polloi.''  Evans (in his Dictionary of Contemporary American Usage) states that ``It is a good phrase not to use.''

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes and no. In the original language, sure, "hoi" means the. In contemporary usage, in civilised countries, "hoi polloi" is a phrased used to mean the teeming masses, and, as English is wont to do, requires a "the" as a prefix.

This is called "stealing verbs from other languages" - or "Business as usual" for English... :-]

Boog

Heh, I think I've been a bunch of these at different points. Then again, most people probably have. Cool stuff.

Zorro

This is almost as old as the Internet.

It is about twice the size it was 5 years or so ago.

Alan Garou

Quote from: thegayhare on March 13, 2007, 12:35:20 AM
I think I might be a Big cat

I'd say my posting style,  here atleast is more playful then serous, even in serous discussions I'm still mostly trying to have fun.  Only a few things realy get me hot and bothered.
You, good sir, are a wabbit. But also a Picador:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/picador.htm

thegayhare

A Picador realy?
Hmm I wouldn't have thought I was that provocitive  or that good at deflection.

*chuckles*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Me either....

Always interesting finding out what others think, isn't it? :-)

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on March 14, 2007, 10:22:20 PMA Picador realy?
Hmm I wouldn't have thought I was that provocitive  or that good at deflection.

You don't necessarily have to be good at deflection, just be willing to prod the bulls.  You can provoke people sometimes.  I like to think that I can see it, especially in hindsight.

I'd put you somewhere between Big Cat and Picador, since your provocation is often playful, and I doubt it's malicious.

thegayhare

Hmm I can see that,  A big cat with Picodor tendancies  or maybe the other way around

Well I'll post my first call

I'm saying Tapewolf seems to fall in to the roll of an Archivist

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on March 14, 2007, 11:11:20 PMI'm saying Tapewolf seems to fall in to the roll of an Archivist

He and llearch.

No calls for me?  The closest I've found is Eagle Scout, and I'm darned sure that most of you would disagree with calling me that.

Alan Garou

What about me? I'm giving you all free reign to evaluate me.