Big Forum News

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2005, 03:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Two bits of news that I need to pass on to everyone:

1) I'm in the process of finding us a new server. I actually have one in mind, so it's just a matter of getting my shit together and setting everthing up. I'm just sick and tired of the POS company we have to deal with, so we're gonna leave. Hopefully I can download all the necessary shit and and get the forum back up on the new server more or less the way it is now. Best scenario, we lose nothing. Worst scenario, We lose most everything (members, posts, etc), but keep the skins, since I know how to redo those in a matter of seconds now.

Of course, this all leads into part 2...

2) DMFA Forums are likely going to be merging with us. This will change the style of this forum just a little. We'll be adding on a DMFA Discussion section, and a RP section (since Mab's peeps seem to RP a lot). Likely, we'll also combine the VG forum into General discussion.

Along with that, some sections will likely become rated sections, and other sections will prolly be mature sections. I know, we're all used to just being able to post whatever wherever, but now you're gonna have to pay just a bit of attention to where you are. Likelt GDisc will remain mature (or at least PG13) so the cussing can stay... Beyond that, it's up in the air.

The best thing about the merger is that we'll get a big influx of people. The bad part is that a bunch of them are stuck up ponces who haven't had to deal with a forum of our nature (letting it all hang out, basically), so likely there will be some friction. Of course, we haven't had good friction in a while, so...

Gimmie your thoughts people.

Sin Ominous

I have an innuendo-laced comment about friction, but I'm going to save my breath. :p

I don't really have any constructive thoughts about the incoming changes in the meantime.

Destina Faroda

I'm sad.  Now this means that all my wacky cheap posts are going to be banned, the rules are going to be enforced, I'm going to have to censor myself, and I'll be with a bunch of people who don't even care about CVRPG and think "sprite comics suck," plus this means another moderator or five.  And don't even think about putting a mod hat on me...not that you were going to anyway. ;)

On the bright side this means there'll be actual conversation around here and any potential flamers who have not shown their heads yet are going to get the boot when they do arrive.  Much like Tales of the Fallen #3 and #4.
Sig coming...whenever...

ilpalazzo

Cant really say anything till this happens. Are we going to have the same admins and mods?

Damaris

Oh, don't worry.  Cheap posts will never be banned.  And really, the most stringent rules will be in the areas reserved for the DMFA people only.  They'll be in charge of avoiding areas that they might find offensive.  For places like general discussion, I don't forsee much of a rule change, and the only one in the art forum might be to add a rating to the picture if it's... well, nudity, probably.

The only added admin will be Miss Mab- currently she has not requested anyone else.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Yeah, you never know. There might be a whole lot of CVRPG discussion...

Eh, who're we kidding...

ilpalazzo

We discuss it enough though there hasn't been any new comics as of late.

Darkmoon

Only in the last week, and even then, ther's been Frankie comics. :p

Xuzaf D

I have little feeling to a change.

Destina Faroda

I still think there's going to be trouble when the merge occurs, because we're going to be overwhelmed.

We need a campaign, like rewarding people who write over 70% of their total posts here, or penalizing people for posting intensively elsewhere while having active account here.  Like it or not, other people's traffic does hurt that of this place indirectly.
Sig coming...whenever...