2007-03-01 Medical healer is not redundant!

Started by superluser, March 01, 2007, 12:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on March 03, 2007, 02:20:16 AM
Well, just how close to extinction is Abel's clan?  Based on basic population data and the reported rarity of `cubi, I would guess that there are probably fewer than a million `cubi total. 

Amber very kindly answered that: assuming she wasn't too spaced out on the meds, there are less than 30'000 'cubi as of present day.  (See the 'Conversvation of Energy' thread)

QuoteMaybe that's why Destania got so upset at hearing that Abel left.  Maybe she knows that the notices haven't had enough time to go out yet, and she's concerned that Abel might get himself killed.
I'm reading her expression more as amazed than horrified, but I guess it's possible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurawyn

Sorry if this has been asked before..

What makes everyone  think that Abel's clan might be in danger of extermination? Even more important is What makes everyone think that he even cares what clan hes belongs to?

Tapewolf

Quote from: aurawyn on March 03, 2007, 05:19:48 PM
What makes everyone  think that Abel's clan might be in danger of extermination? Even more important is What makes everyone think that he even cares what clan hes belongs to?

"It is known that Abel belongs to a now more or less extinct clan in that the surviving members are too fragmented and scattered to be an actual considered clan anymore."
--Abel's cast page

The stuff about his clan being targeted is all Superluser's speculation, so far as I know.

**EDIT**
His clan might simply have split up (after their leader died?) but IMHO it's more likely they were nearly wiped out during the Clan Wars (of which little is really known).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurawyn

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 03, 2007, 05:27:01 PM"It is known that Abel belongs to a now more or less extinct clan in that the surviving members are too fragmented and scattered to be an actual considered clan anymore."
--Abel's cast page

:erk

Wow.. I totally missed that he had a cast page...

*must pay more attention*