Take the time to read through the archives of a few of your fave webcomics

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, February 12, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

So, llearch, a question about your comic preferences.

Since you have such a wide variety of comics to sample, and you are open to many genres, you seem to be rather non-discriminating about your comics.  Then what is it about a comic that will cause you not to like it?
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

oh, I'm discriminating. Just not very. :-)

Let's see, dislikes.

Ones that update irregularly annoy me, but that's not a reason to avoid keeping up with it. Crap art, or crap storyline, mostly. Although that's a subjective measure, I guess. A lot of the time I'm caught in the story, and will keep reading it, despite not really being interested. I should probably skip through and remove a lot of the ones I'm reading now, on that basis. I just.. pathologically prefer a complete list.

Maybe I should start writing for comixpedia? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

I've read through the archives of Sluggy Freelance twice.

Never again.

Destina Faroda

You know, I'm interested in what you would call "crap art" or "crap storyline."   Maybe you could pick a comic that exhibits these qualities and tell me why you feel that are that way.  I only suggest you try a comic with a shorter archive, since I would like to be able to follow your thinking
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Quote from: Destina Faroda on February 21, 2007, 01:27:05 PM
You know, I'm interested in what you would call "crap art" or "crap storyline."   Maybe you could pick a comic that exhibits these qualities and tell me why you feel that are that way.  I only suggest you try a comic with a shorter archive, since I would like to be able to follow your thinking

DSWC?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Destina Faroda

Nah DSWC is a great gag comic and on llearch's list.

Let's take Spritescape Fantasy.  Granted, it doesn't update regularly, but it is a well made comic, in my opinion.  So why isn't it on your list?

Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. mostly because it hasn't caught my attention yet, and, on reading it, it doesn't amuse me enough for me to add it.

It might be a well-made comic, but it doesn't either grab me with art, or grab me with jokes. Sure, there's the odd joke in there, but...

*shrug*

I'll see if I can pull up something to answer your question, though not right at this instant...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

vulpesweasel

I'm currently going back through the Jack archives, umm...VG cats, Scooter & Ferret, and CVRPG. Yea, I have no social life.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...