02/09/09, give or take a day or so - Ruh Roh! *tritone chord*

Started by bill, February 09, 2007, 09:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Looks like Abel to me.

An ...honor maiden...

I got nuthin.

O.M.

Just given the general direction Abel's day has gone, and the fact that it's specifically mentioned as supposedly being a pleasant surprise, I'm gonna call this one here and now:

Abel was most likely crushing on Hennya.

(Also, I think I posted this comment earlier, and got some weird "Your IP has posted less than 30 seconds ago" error. I don't SEE my post anywhere, so bear with me if I accidentally repeated this. :P)

ShiningShadow

No as I recalled Abel is the Bridehonor maid or something like that. I hope he is in better spirits. I think he needs to talk to his mom.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 12, 2007, 12:51:50 PM
I hope he is in better spirits. I think he needs to talk to his mom.

If it were me I'd probably be running through the door wild-eyed and screaming something like "They killed Devin...! killed Xander...! tried to kill me...!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 01:16:58 PMIf it were me I'd probably be running through the door wild-eyed and screaming something like "They killed Devin...! killed Xander...! tried to kill me...!"

Given the way that he's approaching the door, I expect him to walk slowly through the house, ignoring everything that people try to say to him, staring straight forward.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 12, 2007, 01:45:43 PM
Given the way that he's approaching the door, I expect him to walk slowly through the house, ignoring everything that people try to say to him, staring straight forward.

...assuming that is him - I'm no longer sure.  The sleeves are right but the top of the head is strange, and the hair doesn't look quite right either.  It might be Cid, although why he'd be dressed in Abel-sleeves is beyond me.

If that is him, then yes - the poise is slow.  I was thinking more of where we last saw him in #69 where he's running.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 04:11:09 PM...assuming that is him - I'm no longer sure.  The sleeves are right but the top of the head is strange, and the hair doesn't look quite right either.

Yeah.  I know what you're saying.  It just seems that they're talking about Abel, and then we see a silhouette of someone who looks like Abel, so the implication is very strong that it's something to do with Abel directly. (and not, for example, Ahnora about the wedding or Cid returning from an adventure)

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 04:11:09 PMIf that is him, then yes - the poise is slow.  I was thinking more of where we last saw him in #69 where he's running.

I don't think that even a fully-grown incubus could run all the way from Cantiv (or at least the wilderness on the border) to Zinvth without stopping.  Halfway through, Abel would have had to push his feelings down to compel himself to keep going.

On the other hand, it's a still image, and there are no cues as to how fast this shadow is moving.  (except, of course, that you don't use establishing shots for fast-paced action)

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 12, 2007, 06:15:11 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 04:11:09 PM...assuming that is him - I'm no longer sure.  The sleeves are right but the top of the head is strange, and the hair doesn't look quite right either.
Yeah.  I know what you're saying.  It just seems that they're talking about Abel, and then we see a silhouette of someone who looks like Abel, so the implication is very strong that it's something to do with Abel directly.

I think I've got it - it is Abel.  I don't know why the left side of his head is so flat, but the right side where it splits down the middle, I think that's the tuft of hair above his face.

I'm not sure the little tabs on either side are, though - it might be that he has snagged a hat from somewhere, possibly in case the headwings came back.

I remember a scene from the miniseries Mr. Pye where the protagonist removes his hat and then slowly raises a match to reveal to his wife that he has grown a pair of demon horns - perhaps Amber is thinking the same kind of thing...

FlameSword

it's denfinetley abel because he had a long hard day so his hair is messed up.

Boog

Weird thought that just occured to me about the honor maiden bit; we don't know much about the marraige traditions of this breed of mythos. However, it's by now pretty much accepted fact that Abel likes the saner sex. Mebbe the role of honor maiden is merely defined as such by their interactions with the honorfellow? As stated, just a weird idea, but as good an explination as any.

Aridas

I don't know why people think there's motion, though... It looks to me like whoever's out there was stopping at the door, waiting for something.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 12, 2007, 11:40:20 PMI don't know why people think there's motion, though... It looks to me like whoever's out there was stopping at the door, waiting for something.

Who are these people?  I'm the only one who addressed the concept of motion, and I suggested that there were no cues either way.

And then I said that it was highly unlikely that the shadow was running.

Waiting, though, seems unlikely.  The shot is from the POV of the shadow, who is looking at the door, and that suggests that the character is not waiting, or else we'd probably see the reverse shot.  If I wanted to suggest waiting, I'd probably frame it as light streaming out of the window above with a jet black silhouette around the corner set off by the dark blue sky.

ShiningShadow

I think the shot is implied that Abel is walking towards the door. At that point we will wait and se what happens next. Sort of like those Black and White TV serials and the actioned interupted like the tune *Tune In next Week Yada, Yada, Yada*. I think Abel will talk to his mom and tell her about the incident at that post.