Northern Winds (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 04, 2007, 11:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Well, I do think that we did say that we reserved one cabin for the men, one for the women. I never realized that there was any scrapping of that solid idea. Especially not since both Mel and Kerya moved to the other one and Cog came into the one we were having the conversation in to sleep, seeing as it was the men's cabin. I don't know who got the impression that things would be different from that or why.

On the other hand, considering how close the cabins are to each other and what sort of noise this is, it is quite probable that both Aisha and Gareeku will hear it clearly, although I think that it is more probable that Aisha is the one who wakes up from it, seeing as she is the one with the heightened senses and all.

Aisha deCabre

Gar has heightened senses too, actually.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Gareeku

Quote from: Stygian on January 11, 2008, 05:24:20 PM
Well, I do think that we did say that we reserved one cabin for the men, one for the women. I never realized that there was any scrapping of that solid idea. Especially not since both Mel and Kerya moved to the other one and Cog came into the one we were having the conversation in to sleep, seeing as it was the men's cabin. I don't know who got the impression that things would be different from that or why.

On the other hand, considering how close the cabins are to each other and what sort of noise this is, it is quite probable that both Aisha and Gareeku will hear it clearly, although I think that it is more probable that Aisha is the one who wakes up from it, seeing as she is the one with the heightened senses and all.

That still doesn't really make it any clearer. Maybe it because i'm tired or something, i dunno.

Stygian

Quote from: Gareeku on January 11, 2008, 05:38:58 PM
Quote from: Stygian on January 11, 2008, 05:24:20 PM

That still doesn't really make it any clearer. Maybe it because i'm tired or something, i dunno.

Must be. There were only two cabins, situated adjacent to each other lengthwise along the car. One for the men, one for the women. That was the idea I had, that is what I said, and that is what I described along.

However, I do realize that I'm pretty much to blame for a lot of this confusion, seeing as I was never that specific about the placement of the cabins in the first place...

Gareeku

Huh. Just when I get on to post after being knocked aside with work for a few days, I find that there's been a major fast forward, even though a conversation was about to start between two characters. Seems to be rushing slightly.

Stygian

Quote from: Gareeku on January 17, 2008, 07:17:15 PM
Huh. Just when I get on to post after being knocked aside with work for a few days, I find that there's been a major fast forward, even though a conversation was about to start between two characters. Seems to be rushing slightly.

Well, I apologize for this, but we were waiting for that development for a couple of days, and people were out of things to do, so I wouldn't exactly call it rushing. Do you want me to delete that part of the latest post?

Aisha deCabre

That would probably be ideal, I think, if you please...it wouldn't be for too awful long.  Who knows, maybe people could even stir a bit after hearing that bit of noise, if they want, if there's really nothing to do until the train stops.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

It's nice to see that we're making at least some progress. However, the stagnation we are experiencing here and the reasons for it are both slowly beginning to irritate me to the point where I simply no longer feel like being so nice anymore, which in turn makes me feel like saying 'fuck this shit' and getting on with something else.

I find it unlikely you would be holding an extended conversation in the middle of the night. Get it done with, or I'll either move on to the next day, or just screw this RP over and leave.

Aisha deCabre

...Well that isn't just a little harsh.  You DO realize that there are people who can hardly catch up with posts because they have other, perhaps more important things that they could be doing?  Really, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are:

Games.  Should.  Not.  Be.  A.  Big.  Deal.  For.  Anyone.

They should be fun and good for writing, and fair for everyone involved.  But if everyone's expected to keep up with a deadline, especially one that often they can't follow, then hell, posting's more like a chore, isn't it?  That's usually why the players leave, because they can never keep up.

Plus, the conversation is hardly an extended one.  It only seems that way because it always takes a while for anyone to post.

In any case, I'll end it.  Good grief.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

No, there are no deadlines here, however there is a sort of expectancy that players display a mild amount of common sense, meaning, among other things, that they realize when it's bloody time to move on and stop holding things up with indecisive and unrelated prattling.

Also, this is not a question about things being a big deal. I can get perfectly well agitated for a few minutes and for a small matter as this game, over an equally small thing such as certain people obviously not displaying said common sense and thinking a bit further than their own ass-scratchery so as not to become an obstruction.

Yeah, good grief, but if it's such a small deal and all then it shouldn't be such a big deal to have a bit of foresight, right? Or to just throw it all out the window and move on.

Gareeku

And here was me starting to think that people would understand that issues occuring in a player's real life were considered without being labelled as scratching one's backside, having no "common sense" and being made some sort of villianous figure.

Stygian

That was not entirely implied Gareeku. I was meaning to criticize in a manner more along the words of 'Work smart, not hard'.

Gareeku

Well you certainly implied, rather nastily as well, as people were scratching their backsides and were devoid of common sense. That sounds like an attempt to tread on people to me, quite frankly, and I am quite offended to be labelled in this manner when I have been having to deal with real life issues. I am sorry that I haven't been able to post as often as some people would like, but I am not some sort of bloody posting machine like people expect me to be. I am tired enough without having to deal with insults being hurled at me for something that I cannot help.

Stygian

This is not an issue of how often you post, as you seem to think, but rather of what you posted. I gave you leeway to finish up the conversation, after we'd all gone through some trouble with the whole deal - for example, why Gareeku had to wake up in the first place I did not understand yet I offered no objections there as it was really not something objectionable.

The issue here is that where it should have been an obvious choice to simply put things to rest, with your latest post you seemed to opt to not think about anything further than what you wanted to write, and couldn't care less about making sure the plot advanced so we could get out of this deadlock. That is what I remarked, and what I got irritated over. I am not trying to tread on you or make you seem like some RP-crook here, whatever that may be... But I am saying that was a bad decision and that I think it could have easily been avoided if you'd have thought about the situation a bit more.

Gareeku

Quite frankly I didn't think that we were on some sort of time limit. Things like this make RPing more of a chore than a pleasure.

If you had politely asked me to alter the post so that the plot could be advanced, then I would have been happy to do so. However, you instead decided to be downright nasty about it.

Stygian

Yes, and quite frankly it was nice enough of me to give you the leeway before and sort of hope that you would catch my drift, but I guess that got kicked in the head somewhat along with the idea that this RP was meant for those who can think things over a bit before they sit down to write, as outlined on page one of the OOC, meaning here. Not to mention that it was meant to be enjoyed by more than just one person. I've been receiving complaints that this place has stalled, and so I am reacting in accordance with that.

The simple fact here is that you have been obstructing things. I have easily ignored the shortage of posts before, and that presented no problems, however when you suddenly step in and want your spotlight it seems that you want us all to adapt to what is most convenient for you, putting stones in the cogs of the whole thing. And when this doesn't happen, you get cranky for it.

I will ask politely the next time, and I do admit that this was all a bit rude and might have seemed as if it came right out of the blue, but don't think I'm not making a point here. This is such a trivial matter as Aisha said, and because of that I can simply run things over because it doesn't really affect anyone that much, and so I will, to make sure that certain things won't make this break down.

Gareeku

Er, what? It has nothing to do with being in some sort of spotlight and with me being selfish, which seems that's what all you think I ever try to do and be. I apologise if I have been an "obstruction", but as I said before, if you had just asked politely, then I would have happily got things moving. I am glad that you will try to be more polite in the future, and I thank you for it. But I do NOT tolerate being accused of being some spotlight craving, selfish and cranky "stone in the cog".

Aisha deCabre

And just to be clear, Styg, you do realize that you're running an RP, and not a storybook, right?

People will want to do things that are out of step with the story, not only because it's in character, but because it helps to give the story itself a little bit of depth.  Nobody's wanting to hog the spotlight or anything, in fact if people wanted they could have jumped in with things to say.  You want people to be creative in an RP, but instead nobody likes to be creative because everything's run like an already-written book, at least that's how I've seen it.

You have to be prepared to have things go out of focus sometimes.  That's all we were doing, was being in-character.  If someone else had an opportunity to do a bit of dialogue, they'd have taken it too.

Now let's drop this.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

That's self-evident, Aisha. But right now it was a matter of things stagnating and people starting to look for that opportunity to post or get up in the middle of the night. Meaning, they were starting to think they would have to do things off the side just to amuse themselves. While playing a game, literally a pastime meant to amuse.

This could be put, in other words, as that they were looking for excuses to do that bit of dialogue or exposition even when it would have been pointless and only have served to bore people further, because they were becoming fed up.

We have barely reached the point where we're starting to have some options here. You can be as creative as you want, but don't expect me to... Or, actually, I've changed my mind. Go ahead. We can have a couple of pages full of just dialogue between you people in a while. Let's see how that fares. Seriously.

Now let's drop this.

yaksha

Are you guys accepting new members right now?

Stygian

Alert! The contents of this post have been censored for your viewing pleasure!

If you wish to view the illegal and/or explicit, violent, bigoted or graphic contents of this post, please refer to the poster.

Thank you kindly for your forbearance.

- the Federate Governing Society For Decency and Seriousness -