Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 04, 2007, 02:16:48 PM
Can I put my money on "make matters worse" ? ;-]
[rolls a handful of D20s]

[counts on fingers]

[grins an evil-GM grin]
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tezkat

How "suppressed" is mind reading inside the club? Could a Cubi still hear Richard's (otherwise unshielded) surface thoughts at close range, for instance?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

SpottedKitty

<headdesk> Never thought about that, maybe I should have asked about it before I did my last post. Yes, that mysterious rabbit giving Kerya a hard time is a 'cubi — and if mind reading is suppressed, she wouldn't know what Kerya's thinking.

Stygian

Cubi abilities are, surprisingly, not entirely suppressed inside the club. Or, I'll say that now for convenience's sake. However, hearing the thoughts of anyone beyond four or five feet away and better than dimly won't be possible. And neither will hearing through mind shields be...

SpottedKitty

But that trick with your "feelie sense" I gave you wouldn't be blocked, right?

Argle... "feelie sense"... hope I haven't started something with that phrase...   :erk  :P

Stygian

No, it wouldn't. Because it's not based upon telepathy or any other such thing. Also, Stygian has excellent hearing.

SpottedKitty

I did mention Kerya has a bit of a temper, didn't I? Having your mind hijacked by a spell you didn't know was possible can do that to a girl, I suppose.

Tezkat

Hmm... so what else does the club prevent us from doing? At least some forms of spellcasting are apparently okay. How about teleportation (Warp-Aci or otherwise)?

With regards to shapeshifting... Edge's metamorphosis persisted after Stygian beat him unconscious, so I don't see it caving into "pressure" from a warding field that didn't even register on a group full of shapeshifters earlier. For now, since everyone else seems to be happily ignoring it, I'm going to treat it as having no practical game effect until he tries to transform again.

Stygian

Yes, not a lot of resentment in that comment... Either way, people don't shapeshift in there, because it's too exhausting. That simple.

SpottedKitty

Urgh. Apologies for the silence last night, my computer took a power-glitch hit that knocked it out. Only just decided to work again this afternoon. Should have something up later tonight.

Gareeku

...Um, can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?

Apart from myself, Aisha, Mel and Cog, I have absolutely no idea what the heck is going on and what is being talked about, and to be honest, it's frustrating. I've tried to read through again, but I just end up thinking to myself "er...what?"

Tezkat

Sooper seekrit behind the scenes info:

(a.k.a. a quick summary of the RP to date in 500 words or less :3)

Before everyone met in the bar way back when, the nice lioness (who, as it happens, was posing as a dude at the time) tasked Edge, the pyromaniac crocodile, and a bunch of fodder with taking down Stygian. Y'all sorta got in the way, but Stygian assumed (correctly, it would seem) that bounty hunters of that level couldn't seriously have been expected to kill him anyway, and that all the mayhem and destruction was really just her friendly way of saying "Hi!" >:] Now he's at her club for a little face time to find out WTF she wanted while the rest of the group enjoys the ambience.

Meanwhile, a team of unrelated Adventurers led by Laertes effectively kidnapped Richard in order to get to Stygian, and they followed everyone to the club. Most are still at large, but they left the otter, Carey, to babysit Richard. Edge saw them and wandered over to help. (Edge has a clan ability to fission his body into multiple people, in case that caused confusion. His other self is in the suite with Stygian. :animesweat) Richard has now been freed from his captor, but other powers that be in the club are evidently keeping a close eye on these goings on.

Presumably, the fur will start flying sometime soon now.

:kittydevious

Capisce?

Boog

ATTENTION, PERSON WHO KEEPS PRINTING OUT THIS RP:

Look, we don't mind if your intentions are benign, but anyone planning on grabbing some fast copyrights are gonna be rudely surprised. This has been a test of the copyright infringement system. Were this a real copyright infringement situation, this message would be immediately followed by all the worst possible things we can do to you. Thank you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How can you tell, Boogey? That someone is printing it, I mean, not that it's copyrighted? The copyright, according to my understanding, rests in the original poster...

So attempting to do anything with these is fraught with copyright troubles...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2007, 04:37:41 AM
How can you tell, Boogey? That someone is printing it, I mean, not that it's copyrighted? The copyright, according to my understanding, rests in the original poster...

So attempting to do anything with these is fraught with copyright troubles...

On the 'Who's Online' screen, it will tell you if someone is using the print topic button. This has happened several times, and it's somewhat weirding us all out.

Tezkat

Hmm... how do you know they're printing it out, though? Personally, I always save a print view of the thread for my archives after I post. Sometimes for reference when I'm composing my replies, as well, since it's the easiest way to follow a 23-page RP. These guys are probably just archivists or fans of our work who don't like paging back and forth through huge walls of text to figure out what the heck is going on. The prospect of someone finding my RP posts exciting enough to sell is vaguely amusing... :3

Tezkat goes to check out the "Who's Online" page. Heh... I feel like a stalker. >:]

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you can catch me at the time, I'll have a look, and see what we can see. (note that that doesn't mean I'll tell you, of course. Privacy concerns aside...)

Obviously, this is a momentary catch type situation, though. So I can't promise anything, either. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

I've come to the realization that I'm not particularly enjoying this RP. The not inconsiderable time I've invested here could be better spent on more fulfilling projects. Since nobody else saw Edge escape, and some who hadn't been introduced to his jaguar form actually witnessed his gruesome death, this seems like a good place to write him out.

Cheers everyone.
:kittycool

Cogidubnus

Well, I'm sorry to see you go then, Tez. But it was fun while it lasted.

I shall miss the snarky panther's comments.  :<

Tezkat

Thanks, Cog. :mowcookie

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not leaving with hard feelings or anything. There are a lot of very talented writers here, and sharing the story with you was indeed fun while it lasted. Nonetheless, various factors, including a lot of RL issues, have conspired to make writing for this RP more of a chore than it ought to be. I need a break.

That's not to say I'll never return. And you might still get a dose of the snarky panther elsewhere. (Among the projects to which I'm likely to divert some of my creative writing energy are the first two books of his backstory, Smoke and Mirrors. :3)

Until then, I guess I'll enjoy this RP as a spectator. Cheers. :kittycool

Gareeku

Um...none of us can drive, so getting a car for ourselves is a no-no...

Aisha deCabre

Plus, some of us were planning to run...I guess not?   :erk

(Edit) ...Actually, I have an idea.  If we can't just run out of there any longer, then for convenience's sake, please allow me to take control of an NPC who -can- drive, and just quickly negotiate out of there.

Creative cab-calling.   :3  Apologies in advance, but like I said, convenience.  It'll be editable.  And trust me, we won't crash.   :rolleyes

(Edit Edit)  Under new suggestions for the sake of craziness, nevermind.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Ehm... I'm not entirely sure how much destruction you think that Haszal has suffered just yet, but so far I wouldn't really say that the city is doomed. Rather, a city block is trashed.

Stygian

This is just a little bit awkward. We only booked two cabins at the station (one for the 'girls', one for the 'boys'...), and... am I counting three now?

Gareeku

Well it's whatever you say it is. What you say goes, after all.

Stygian

Or, more logically, Gar followed Aish into the girls' cabin and lay down to sleep on the floor...

Aisha deCabre

In my opinion, I doubt it matters where the heck everyone is right now anyway...if I remember correctly Cog was thinking once of sleeping in the dining car.  People will do unpredictable things in an RP, so we should be able to just go with it.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Quote from: Stygian on January 11, 2008, 05:09:11 PM
Or, more logically, Gar followed Aish into the girls' cabin and lay down to sleep on the floor...

So i fucked up. Whoopee for me.

Stygian

Quote from: Gareeku on January 11, 2008, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: Stygian on January 11, 2008, 05:09:11 PM

So i fucked up. Whoopee for me.

I have no idea. Are you asking me here, or are you making a statement?

Gareeku

I'm asking you, since now I don't know what the plan is in terms of where the characters are sleeping. It wasn't very clear to be honest. After hearing people first talk about the girl cabin/boy cabin set up, I then hear that's been scrapped and that characters can do what they choose. Now I hear it's back to the first plan again. Which is it?