1/29/07 - Shown in Supermarionation!

Started by Turnsky, January 29, 2007, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Considering that the largest spider I've ever seen is a boss in Twilight Princess, I would just love to see the little guys that make THAT goop.   :erk

Gotta love Fa'Lina with her puppets.  At least her way with dealing with whiny children doesn't involve giving them an Incy-bear.  That of course could easily be mistaken for being possessed.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Aleolus

Once again,  I feel sorry for Abel.  Fa'Lina didn't give him all the information he needed, his hemophobia has been acting up a lot today, and now he has spider-goo in his hair, and marionettes to contend with!  I wouldn't be surprised if he completely cracks within the next ep or two!

Sunblink

Ah, return of the puppets. XD Fa'Lina, why must you make me giggle so with your Abel-depreciating antics? Though gah. I've never, ever seen a spider make THAT much goo before in my entire life. Lost Lake must be a haven for mega-freakin'-enormous spideys or something.

This is a wee bit irrelevant, but did Amber make a slight adjustment to Abel's wardrobe? The puppet apparently has gloves, too, that match the boots. Then again, I'm analyzing the puppet too much when it's just around for comedic purposes.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

gothtk14

I got over my fear of spiders when I was 10.

RJ

Feather Dancer

I can't help but feel that was Garfield inspired, reminds me so much of his spider incidents :)
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Roureem Egas

You can be so evil RJ. :dface

The amount of goo that would have resulted from that is likley 100% vomit-inducing.

ShiningShadow

I think RJ drawing is funny in a sick and very evil way  >:3 >:3.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 29, 2007, 12:07:13 PM
You can be so evil RJ. :dface

The amount of goo that would have resulted from that is likley 100% vomit-inducing.

... besides, wasn't it Fa'Lina who was holding the rolled up newspaper (that she brought with her in order to bap the spider that she predicted would be in Abel's hair) ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

(They're old pictures I drew... though I can't remember what for...)

In any case, I'm still amused if only because the spider looks like Domo-kun.

Manawolf

Domo-kun kills kittens, and we all know why.

ShiningShadow

Why is that again? Anywho as I see it Falina is getting hotter by each time she appears. I have a question was Falina ever was married I have this suspicion that she was and divorced. *Bah* I'm going on like a Fanboy.

Angel

HUZZAH! The puppets have returned! If one thing can take my mind off midterms, it's that adorable li'l grouchy Abel puppet. I want one soooo bad....   :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Zedd

Aww well its always nice to see RJ is the poster child of humor

llearch n'n'daCorna

I prefer the spider puppet. You know how many people I could scare with a cute l'il spider like that? :-)

Tycoon

Does Abel's hemophobia extend to spider blood? Is there really a difference between a spider's blood and some creature/being's blood?

(I am going to assume that the spider goop is blood)

Boog

Heh, a battle of two skilled jerks. As usual, the older jerk always wins. Matter of experience and all that.
MUAHAHA! The puppets return!

ShiningShadow

I love the puppets so rich in details and fun to watch while initating Abel's voice to boot. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what other puppets she has in her possesion.

Taerkar

Quote from: Aleolus on January 29, 2007, 11:10:33 AM
Once again,  I feel sorry for Abel.  Fa'Lina didn't give him all the information he needed, his hemophobia has been acting up a lot today, and now he has spider-goo in his hair, and marionettes to contend with!  I wouldn't be surprised if he completely cracks within the next ep or two!

But I don't think the hemophobia is triggered by the spider goo. Maybe because it's green? Or perhaps the 'icky spider goo' response is more powerful than the 'b-b-b-blood' response of his hemophobia.

Plus I doubt that this time the puppets will break him, who knows how long he dealt with them at SAIA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tycoon on January 29, 2007, 01:18:04 PM
Does Abel's hemophobia extend to spider blood? Is there really a difference between a spider's blood and some creature/being's blood?

Spider goop isn't blood, though. It's also internal organs, and the "blood" component isn't exactly haemoglobin related.

Spiders (and other like animals - centipedes, ants, etc) don't have a "circulatory" system, per se, but instead basically keep their organs in a "soup" of sorts. The soup mixture moves oxygen to the organs, and "breathes" through spiracules, or small holes in the skin. Now, this works fine on the micro scale, but not on the macro scale - this is why mammals use blood and shuffle it around using a pump, moving it from "spiracules" (ie, the lungs) to the organs (eg, brain, liver, etc) and muscles.

This is why spiders and ants have an upper limit on their body size - it's the amount of oxygen in the air that limits things. If you go back a few million years, in, IIRC, the early jurassic, the oxygen content was a bit higher, and you had, for example, a 2-foot wingspan dragonfly. (that's Meganeura, if you ask wikipedia)

Interestingly, that article mentions the same size-limiting feature, and also mentions the breathing system...

GabrielsThoughts

does anyone besides me see the irony in the fact that Fa'lina isn't using Abel at all so much as manipulating him.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Dard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 29, 2007, 01:59:07 PMsnip
Or, to make it short: Insect "blood" isn't red because it doesn't transport oxygen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Human blood isn't red because it transports oxygen, either.

Human blood is red because it uses -iron- to transport oxygen, and iron + oxygen makes rust. :-)

Kenji

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 29, 2007, 03:01:55 PM
Human blood isn't red because it transports oxygen, either.

Human blood is red because it uses -iron- to transport oxygen, and iron + oxygen makes rust. :-)

So in reality we are all rustbuckets. Man... I feel all country now. o:

Aridas

So that's what happened to the tin man...

superluser

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 29, 2007, 09:45:36 AMConsidering that the largest spider I've ever seen is a boss in Twilight Princess, I would just love to see the little guys that make THAT goop.

If there were ever a time to link to the camel spider on this forum, it would be now.   Except that I think that pictures of six inch creepy crawlies might be a little too much gross out.  Google is your friend.

As for the hemophobia, it seems to be caused by the brain reacting to an injury.  Since Abel isn't a spider, and he can't see the injury, it shouldn't cause a reaction.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charles looks at the spider goo*  OMG!  They killed Akoshida!  You bastards!

*Charline hah hah hah!*  I'm free!    :mwaha  And as Fa'lina is playing with toys again, I believe it's time for this:

*Fa'lina, playing with puppets, causing the Dan puppet to feel up the Fa'lina puppet!*  Oh Fa'lina!  Your bosom is so big!

*Abel bursts in*  Fa'lina! 

*Fa'lina*  Ack!  Didn't I tell you to knock before you came in!

*Abel*  Sorry!  We've just located Dan!

*Fa'lina*  Oh!  Ok!  Prepare to kidnap him!  Wait...  Did you see anything?

*Abel*  No Ma'am!  I didn't see you playing with your puppets again!  *rushes out and slams door*

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

*rotfl*

Oh, and the camel spider? http://www.buckstix.com/images/spidy.jpg :-)

Not img'd, because I care.

A bit.

A very little bit. :-)

Tycoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 29, 2007, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: Tycoon on January 29, 2007, 01:18:04 PM

Spider goop isn't blood, though. It's also internal organs, and the "blood" component isn't exactly haemoglobin related.

Spiders (and other like animals - centipedes, ants, etc) don't have a "circulatory" system, per se, but instead basically keep their organs in a "soup" of sorts. The soup mixture moves oxygen to the organs, and "breathes" through spiracules, or small holes in the skin. Now, this works fine on the micro scale, but not on the macro scale - this is why mammals use blood and shuffle it around using a pump, moving it from "spiracules" (ie, the lungs) to the organs (eg, brain, liver, etc) and muscles.

This is why spiders and ants have an upper limit on their body size - it's the amount of oxygen in the air that limits things. If you go back a few million years, in, IIRC, the early jurassic, the oxygen content was a bit higher, and you had, for example, a 2-foot wingspan dragonfly. (that's Meganeura, if you ask wikipedia)

Interestingly, that article mentions the same size-limiting feature, and also mentions the breathing system...

Thanks for the info.

I just wonder if the Insectis race has a similar internal system to the one that you described. They are insects, after all.