HATEHATEHATEHATEWARNERBROS.....

Started by Teroniss, January 15, 2007, 09:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Actually, people over twenty usually have other things to worry about and rarely get enough time to sit down and actually watch T.V. aside from the news.

That being said, the CEO's are probably appealing to the little kids who DON'T know of the other series.  This typically happens every twenty-five years or so.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Jim Halisstrad

Oh dear gods, sonic underground..... that show gave me Mental Herps.

Honestly, I'm a bit sceptical about all this, when the show comes out then I will judge it.  Even though it's going to suck....

Badly.

(P.S.)  I'm over twenty and I always make time for some Adult Swim on Cartoon Network a few times a week :3

Teroniss

Quote from: Valynth on January 17, 2007, 02:22:31 AM
Actually, people over twenty usually have other things to worry about and rarely get enough time to sit down and actually watch T.V. aside from the news.

That being said, the CEO's are probably appealing to the little kids who DON'T know of the other series.  This typically happens every twenty-five years or so.

Normally I would agree with you, but there has to be some sadistic over tone in their choice to use cartoons from our generation's childhood, rather then, I dunno, come up with something new and (bear with me now) original.

King Of Hearts

Then simply do not acknowledge it.

Que Sera Sera~ whatever will sell, will sell.

anyone got pictures?

Thundercats is still good enough animation to show nowadays, just change those godawful scripts.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

RJ

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 17, 2007, 04:52:25 AM
Quote from: RJ on January 17, 2007, 02:09:25 AM
Does anyone remember Biker Mice from Mars? *headdesks*

<3 Modo.

I used to like it when I was younger, but after seeing an episode of it on tv the other day, I was able to spot all the animation mistakes they made in it (and there were heaps!).

I'm also sure I saw a PS2 game for it somewhere...

Zedd

Well they didnt totaly mess up...How can ya mess up on Lion-o's?

Vidar

He was the leader of the last of his race, stranded on an alien world, plagued by enemies both natural and supernatural, fighting for the survival of his kind, and striving to be a good leader.

They made him a scrawny teenager who wants to be a rock-star. How the mighty have fallen.

They did screw up Lion-o.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gornemant

Quote from: Vidar on January 17, 2007, 08:11:38 AM
He was the leader of the last of his race, stranded on an alien world, plagued by enemies both natural and supernatural, fighting for the survival of his kind, and striving to be a good leader.

They made him a scrawny teenager who wants to be a rock-star. How the mighty have fallen.

They did screw up Lion-o.
indeeeeed, he kinda looks.... totally skinny and weak, keep the sword away from him, he might cut himself :x

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Remember, down, not across.

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Toric on January 17, 2007, 01:36:04 AMSonic and his two sibs somehow solved the problem in each episode with the power of rock, and his little bro could literally cause earthquakes with his drumset. EARTHQUAKES! WITH DRUMS!

reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits?

Anyways, I was always more of a Rocky and Bullwinkle/Underdog type fan.  Oh, hey, look at that!  industrial-class raping, coming my way.  They took out all the furry elements, and while that's not what drew me to the story, it pretty much makes the story make no sense.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charles eyetwitch*  What... the... %&*@...  Is this actually for-real real?  This isn't some sick joke someone is playing on us all?  Good god... American animation has sunk lower than even I thought possible. 

On a positive note, if the major studios destroy themselves with all this crap, it makes my lil animation company suddenly much more viable.  Go for it Disney and Warner!  And while you're at it, remake Strawberry Shortcake as a goth heavy band concerned about the effects of global warming, which they sing about in poorly contrived, simplistic melodies every five minutes!  DOOOO EEEET!!   KILL YOURSELVES!!!!   :mwaha :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Toric on January 17, 2007, 01:36:04 AM
Ugh.... I remember Sonic Underground. That's actually the first thing that came to mind upon reading this thread, well, after Loonatics of course. Sonic and his two sibs somehow solved the problem in each episode with the power of rock, and his little bro could literally cause earthquakes with his drumset. EARTHQUAKES! WITH DRUMS! Again, ugh.....

I gave the new TMNT a chance because they did at least somewhat keep the spirit of the original animated cartoon (though I really had to suspend my disbelief in the episode with the intergalactic ninja that challenged Leo to a ninja-duel), but this'll be probably too much.

I know the show wasn't the best, but I do wish they'd use Manic again. I liked him. Lil thief-hog. X3 Hehe
As for the new TMNT show.. that one is actually way more based on the comic series (the comics after the original all-red bandanas style) and therefore, actually more true to the TMNT story. But both series are good in my books. I only wish they'd have the Mutanimals in them...

Quote from: RJ on January 17, 2007, 02:09:25 AM
Oh geez, I remember Sonic Underground too. I hated it. I must have been pretty young, yet I still knew it was illogical and lame.

Does anyone remember Biker Mice from Mars? *headdesks*

Biker Mice is probably still one of my fav shows. I'm still waiting for that new series to come to the US. They already have season 3 in Europe. DX Although my only quip with it is that the bad guy general concept and name is kinda dumb. :P

Oh, and Throttle rocks. And rides. D:

Teroniss

So, which anime do you think theyre exploiting Lion-O's new look from. I say Outlaw Star's Gene

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on January 17, 2007, 02:41:13 PMAnd while you're at it, remake Strawberry Shortcake as a goth heavy band concerned about the effects of global warming, which they sing about in poorly contrived, simplistic melodies every five minutes!

Well, Penny-Arcade did do that strip about Strawberry Shortcake (and the lawyers forced them to take it down and it's NSFW, so no linky).

rt

OMG .. Lion-O is an anarexic teen!!

I'm not opposed the the whole re-make-in-anime form that happens, anime style can be nice. More opposed the the "terribly drawn junk" thrown around

TheGreyRonin

I've never fully understood the concept of remaking most series. If the original concept still holds, it doesn't need to be redone. If it doesn't, then why not simply make a completely different series?

I know, tie-ins and the quest for more money, etc... But really, If the only thing that remains is the names, it effectively is a different series already. If it sucks so bad that the character names are required to draw viewers, then it's really not worth putting the effort into in the first place.

*shakes head* Stupid Warner Bros...

Aridas

It's faster to get it out if you borrow a lot of things.

Alan Garou

QuoteThe total IQ of the world is a constant.
The more people, the more idiots.
-Wendy Northcutt, The Darwin Awards II

Alondro

Quote from: rt on January 17, 2007, 03:51:32 PM
OMG .. Lion-O is an anarexic teen!!

Darn it.  You got to it first.   :mowtongue 

But it's spelled 'anorexic'.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Jim Halisstrad

Oh, sweet, Lulz is back.  Thanks for the info :3

(If you don't know, don't worry :3 :3 :3 )

Sirius Griffon

*Raises a brow* Indeed, this whole trend makes me so glad they havent touched some of the really old shows, like Rescue Rangers. I can only imagine what it would come out as. As a general rule I try really not to catch cartoons on tv anymore. Theres very few left that are worth eating a bowl of cereal or toast to. x-x;;

Lion-o as a wannabe rockstar though... *shudders* I am definitly avoiding seeing that...

Toric

Quote from: Teroniss on January 17, 2007, 03:10:58 PM
So, which anime do you think theyre exploiting Lion-O's new look from. I say Outlaw Star's Gene
*Faceplants* Darn it, you're right! :cry
Yap by Silver.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Alondro on January 17, 2007, 02:41:13 PM
*Charles eyetwitch*  What... the... %&*@...  Is this actually for-real real?  This isn't some sick joke someone is playing on us all?  Good god... American animation has sunk lower than even I thought possible. 

On a positive note, if the major studios destroy themselves with all this crap, it makes my lil animation company suddenly much more viable.  Go for it Disney and Warner!  And while you're at it, remake Strawberry Shortcake as a goth heavy band concerned about the effects of global warming, which they sing about in poorly contrived, simplistic melodies every five minutes!  DOOOO EEEET!!   KILL YOURSELVES!!!!   :mwaha :mwaha
More power to you, I say!
Be as evil as you want to, as long as you don't sink to their level.
The world needs better cartoons - with better plots! >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

better cartoons.... inspector gadget anime?

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 18, 2007, 08:44:30 PMbetter cartoons.... inspector gadget anime?

Get Smart anime.

I would definitely pay to watch an anime version of the shoe phone.

Zedd

Get smart had a spin off series...But sadly didnt last long....And you cant do a gadget anime without the orignal guy....It break my heart if they did

superluser

Quote from: Zedd on January 18, 2007, 09:58:38 PMGet smart had a spin off series...But sadly didnt last long....And you cant do a gadget anime without the orignal guy....It break my heart if they did

Uh, the spin off series *was* Inspector Gadget.  And the original guy who did Inspector Gadget *was* the guy who did Maxwell Smart, Don Adams.

Unfortunately, Don Adams is now in a Cone of Silence that really works.

Edit: OK.  I guess there was an abortive Get Smart series in 1995 that lasted seven episodes.  I don't know if you could really count that.

Aridas

Alondro

Durrrr... my kartune iz gonna be about GI Jo and Kobra.  They will not fight anymoore cuz that is not PC.  They'll be facing off in a kooking show and wearing aprons and stuff.  An Destro's face will rust from the steam.  LOLz.   :B