2007/01/13 I wonder where Glory's gone?

Started by superluser, January 12, 2007, 07:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Amber must be able to play games again. More and more Tales of Symphonia references. o:

Ted Schiller

Quote from: superluser on January 13, 2007, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 13, 2007, 04:44:39 PMAgain, she could be staying calm to keep Abel calm. Rather than "Oh jeeze!" she is trying to get Abel away from the fight and freaking him out would not help.

Her response is rather too cold, I think.  Abel doesn't want a schoolmarm to be telling him what to do, he wants a motherly figure to tell him that everything's going to be OK, and that he'll be out of harm's way presently.  Kria ordering Abel around isn't likely to help, either.

Also, ``If anyone sees you, they'll probably kill you'' is not going to help lower Abel's blood pressure. (Unless...   :B )

First off, she was surprised to see him.  She didn't ponder, "What would be the best way to handle this problem?"

I'm going to throw in as second, she may still think he is a Being.  She knows he has back wings and hasn't noticed the headwings.  If so, she may be afraid that whoever is with her will kill him.  She may have to fight against an ally to defend a Being, for crying out loud.  That would result in bad blood between the two.

If she does recognize him as an Incubus, then her concern is Glory and company may do him in.

She is not being cold.  She even addressed him as "Hon."  However, they are on a battlefield, and he may be killed at any moment.  This is no time for motherly cuddles; he has to get a move on.

Okay, Abel.  Tap your heels together and say, "There's no place like home."   :mowhappy

With regards,
Ted

Aridas

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 05:17:50 PM
I thought beings didn't have wings.
The Phoenix (B) group are classed as Beings, and they have wings.  It's not impossible, just very rare.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 14, 2007, 05:02:05 PMFirst off, she was surprised to see him.  She didn't ponder, "What would be the best way to handle this problem?"
[...]
I'm going to throw in as second, she may still think he is a Being.  She knows he has back wings and hasn't noticed the headwings.
[...]
If she does recognize him as an Incubus, then her concern is Glory and company may do him in.

(1) Mmmaybe.  You do have to recall that she's an elementary school teacher.  They have to think on their feet every day.  Student gets her hair caught in the Selectric, and you have to give her the proper instructions immediately, while keeping her and the entire rest of the class calm.

(2) I doubt it.  It's pretty obvious that he's got headwings.  Ever talk to someone who's got that poppyseed stuck between their teeth?  She's trying to recognize who it is, and so she's scanning the face and head for features (``Gracious!  It is you!'').  I think the headwings would be a little easier to spot than the poppy seed.

(3) Glory is dead and gone.  At her head a green grass turfe and at her heels a stone.

...wait.  What am I arguing about?  My point was that she was unconcerned by Devin's death because she's on the side of those who did it.  I don't see what any of your arguments have to do with that.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 05:17:50 PMI thought beings didn't have wings.

Well, there's Merlitz, and I'm not sure where Hollyann or Felorin or Sunny fit into this.  And Phoenix B, as Tapewolf said.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 14, 2007, 06:02:50 PM
(1) Mmmaybe.  You do have to recall that she's an elementary school teacher. 
She certainly was 18 years ago - we don't know if she still is, though.  She might be teaching a completely different age group now - adolescent Demons, for instance, if we accept the 'hunting instructor' theory.

QuoteEver talk to someone who's got that poppyseed stuck between their teeth?
I'm kind of curious as to what that means...  I hope Ted understood because I certainly didn't  :3

QuoteGlory is dead and gone.  At her head a green grass turfe and at her heels a stone.
If so, I wonder what happens to the cameos?  Did they flee or was Amber's Christmas present to Zina a dead Llama?   >:3
For the sake of argument I'm assuming they fled when the poncy Paladin bought it...

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 05:17:50 PMI thought beings didn't have wings.
Well, there's Merlitz, and I'm not sure where Hollyann or Felorin or Sunny fit into this.  And Phoenix B, as Tapewolf said.

I think Sunny is a Phoenix - they have two forms IIRC.  No idea about the others (although it was Aliyka who immediately sprang to mind).  Merlitz was an example I was going to use but decided against because they're more like holo-wings than actual physical feathers.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2007, 06:14:26 PMShe certainly was 18 years ago - we don't know if she still is, though.  She might be teaching a completely different age group now - adolescent Demons, for instance, if we accept the 'hunting instructor' theory.

Just because you stop teaching elementary school doesn't mean that you lose the life skills that you learned while doing so.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2007, 06:14:26 PM
QuoteEver talk to someone who's got that poppyseed stuck between their teeth?
I'm kind of curious as to what that means...  I hope Ted understood because I certainly didn't  :3

My point is that you'd notice that that person had something stuck between their teeth right away.  Headwings would be a little less of a challenge.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2007, 06:14:26 PMI think Sunny is a Phoenix - they have two forms IIRC.  No idea about the others (although it was Aliyka who immediately sprang to mind).  Merlitz was an example I was going to use but decided against because they're more like holo-wings than actual physical feathers.

Well, Merlitz's wings would seem to be more in line with Creatures than if he had normal wings.  Aliyka sprang to mind, as well, but I think she's a Creature hybrid, right?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser
Well, Merlitz's wings would seem to be more in line with Creatures than if he had normal wings.  Aliyka sprang to mind, as well, but I think she's a Creature hybrid, right?

She's a Phoenix-B going by her cast page.

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2007, 05:37:36 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 05:17:50 PM
I thought beings didn't have wings.
The Phoenix (B) group are classed as Beings, and they have wings.  It's not impossible, just very rare.
They's birds though, birds are SUPPOSED to have wings. >.>

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2007, 07:02:41 PMShe's a Phoenix-B going by her cast page.

Sigh.  Right again.  I figured that only a Phoenix A could be an oracle, and that that's what she sent away to be in 117...

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 08:30:00 PMThey's birds though, birds are SUPPOSED to have wings. >.>

Aww, way to ruin perfectly good speculation!

bill

This whole "speculation" thing would be much more fun without logic!  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

bill

And the Mistress of mail fraud and predictions!  :)

Akisohida

And fear-er of spiders! :mwaha

OhhH! DMFA has not updated yet and it is 11PM EST! I need my DMFA fix with a really, really late dinner! *Pokes Amber* :)

Ok, ok, I am not really serious. I just think Amber might be tired of hearing 'Take your time!' and 'It's cool if it is late!' She must have been waiting for the other shoe to drop for years so..

Amber! The comic is not updating yet! Where are you? Update! I need my DMFA hit to get through Monday!

*End snooty fan yelling* There you go, Amber. I have done my civic duty. ^.^ *Hides from spider-swatters*
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Sunblink

Kria, congratulations. You just made the top of my Least Favorite Character list... assuming she DID kill Devin and Xander. Hell is probably going to break loose if she DID, since I doubt Abel is going to assume that she was just going on a leisurely stroll through a wartorn battlefield. I'd especially LOVE to hear her excuse for being down there in the first place.

Unless it's like the Demonic pastime of Zinvth.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

ShiningShadow

I would love to hear the explaination from Kria. In Abel case I hope he see through the deception and try to stop her hmmmmmmmmmm decisions, decisions, I hope Abel makes the right one.

Goatmon

I find it kinda funny if not a bit Naive that people have been trying to defend Kria.  I don't think anything in her background has ever suggested she isn't a killing machine.  She murdered her own husband for cheating on her, and she's killed others.  While the characters in DMFA are often cast in a cute/pleasant way they will sooner or later do things that aren't so cute.  It just hasn't been cast in a serious light until Amber started making Abel's Story, which doesn't try to sugar-coat things with weekly punchlines or giggles. 

How would you feel about Lorenda if Amber decided to make a comic depicting one of her victims being eaten alive?   >:3

Kria is evil as far as beings are concerned, though she obviously has a kinder side when dealing with other creatures  and beings related to those on her good side (Like how her daughter is on good terms with the main cast).  Glory is most likely dead.  Best case scenario; she's probably injured and somehow got herself to safety.  Needless to say, Abel is very fortunate that Kria is his teacher.  Had it been any creature responsible for this, he probably would have been killed for being associated with the others.  Or, at best, left alone surrounded by the corpses of his friends in the middle of the woods. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on January 21, 2007, 05:31:19 AM
I find it kinda funny if not a bit Naive that people have been trying to defend Kria.  I don't think anything in her background has ever suggested she isn't a killing machine.  She murdered her own husband for cheating on her, and she's killed others.

Remember, this is happening nearly 400 years ago.  There's no question that she's evil by our standards in the present day.
The real question to me, is when she started doing that stuff.
Was she a killing machine when she was happily teaching young Beings and Creatures at infants school when she was about 19?  If so, that's a mighty strange choice for that teaching role.

I'm of the opinion that her attitudes have changed in the intervening 17 years or so, and she is now teaching 'killing enemy Beings'.

Goatmon

Perhaps she's simply a supervillain.  Teacher by day, killer by night.....and also killer by daytime whenever it's convinient.    >3

Seriously though, I think that in the case of many creatures, killing beings has to be second nature if they are to survive.  Although what happened earlier to those poor folk and the fort (Page 44) wasn't likely an act of self-defense. 

ShiningShadow

Then Kria is evil regardless and killing being left and right without provication. She's evil 400 years ago *A lepoard an never changes his spots* or in Kria case her stripes. Anywho I had many suspicions about her and her past and it's comming out like a nightmare henceforth Kria is Kria.