Best and worst games of 2006

Started by thegayhare, January 01, 2007, 05:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Dear gods... I thought I killed all the Final Fantasy VII Fanboys. It's like there always god-moding me with some half ass reason as to how the survived the platfalls, decapitations, and planetary nukes...

"It wasnt my hed... it waz like my clunes and junk, and I'm liek goona get yuo now becauze now my limit brek is ful evn thogh it wasn't me you wer fiting."

At least your not a "SSJCLOUD1994"
::shudders::
I think I need some Tums now.

ilpalazzo

Yeah Final Fantasy VI is better anyway.

Zedd

Try bioman on for size or that one game where you mainly hack and slash these cybernetic creatures that look crazy as heck

Nikki

i haven't plyed Okami yet, but from watching my friend play, i agree it IS the best game of the year ^^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sirius Griffon

Okami was great, played for over 50 hours without even realizing it had been that long! Kept my attention from beginning to end. *Grins*

FFXII... looked pretty. Oh man did it eve. And the storyw as good but... theres only two or three charries I got into, and having some major boneheads in main charries tends to put me off a bit. PLus uhm, not so in love with the license system.

FFVII fans are immortal btw :P  I agree, FFVI was better, for me, FFIX was always a fave though. *Grins*

gothtk14

Quote from: Warlike on January 24, 2007, 10:11:29 PM
Dear gods... I thought I killed all the Final Fantasy VII Fanboys. It's like there always god-moding me with some half ass reason as to how the survived the platfalls, decapitations, and planetary nukes...

"It wasnt my hed... it waz like my clunes and junk, and I'm liek goona get yuo now becauze now my limit brek is ful evn thogh it wasn't me you wer fiting."

Nope, I'm a FFVII Fanboy. I like the Wolf (never could remember the name)

Vidar

Quote from: gothtk14 on January 29, 2007, 09:22:45 AM

XIII

You are obviously not a True Fan. You must write 5 fanfics or create 5 pieces of fanart, that are up to the Brotherhoods standards. Only then can you call yourself a fanboy.  :nono
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

gothtk14

Quote from: Vidar on January 29, 2007, 12:33:19 PM

XIII

You are obviously not a True Fan. You must write 5 fanfics or create 5 pieces of fanart, that are up to the Brotherhoods standards. Only then can you call yourself a fanboy.  :nono

Oh okay *looks for drawings of FF characters*

Aridas

Quote from: Warlike on January 24, 2007, 10:11:29 PMDear gods... I thought I killed all the Final Fantasy VII Fanboys. It's like there always god-moding me with some half ass reason as to how the survived the platfalls, decapitations, and planetary nukes... "It wasnt my hed... it waz like my clunes and junk, and I'm liek goona get yuo now becauze now my limit brek is ful evn thogh it wasn't me you wer fiting." At least your not a "SSJCLOUD1994" ::shudders:: I think I need some Tums now.
XIII You are obviously not a True Fan. You must write 5 fanfics or create 5 pieces of fanart, that are up to the Brotherhoods standards. Only then can you call yourself a fanboy.  :nono
Not quite :3

...Not that the person you're quoting has the story straight either >.>

gothtk14

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 30, 2007, 11:33:02 AM
Quote from: Warlike on January 24, 2007, 10:11:29 PMDear gods... I thought I killed all the Final Fantasy VII Fanboys. It's like there always god-moding me with some half ass reason as to how the survived the platfalls, decapitations, and planetary nukes... "It wasnt my hed... it waz like my clunes and junk, and I'm liek goona get yuo now becauze now my limit brek is ful evn thogh it wasn't me you wer fiting." At least your not a "SSJCLOUD1994" ::shudders:: I think I need some Tums now.
XIII You are obviously not a True Fan. You must write 5 fanfics or create 5 pieces of fanart, that are up to the Brotherhoods standards. Only then can you call yourself a fanboy.  :nono
Not quite :3

...Not that the person you're quoting has the story straight either >.>

Care to explain.

Ryudo Lee

I recently finished Twilight Princess.  Best Zelda game to date.
I've been playing Oblivion for the third time around... Yeah.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

gothtk14

Quote from: RyudoLee on January 31, 2007, 03:36:58 PM
I recently finished Twilight Princess.  Best Zelda game to date.
I've been playing Oblivion for the third time around... Yeah.

Man I'm still doing side quest trying to find all the hearts.

Sirius Griffon

*Is guilty of the fanfic writing, did like 20 of them*

Nanaki, or Red XIII, that was the wolfcat critters name btw :P

Reese Tora

*derairu!*

According to my Games for Windows magazine that just came today, Oblivion is the #1 PC game of the year.

According to me, having 40+ hours first hand experience playing this wonderful game, Oblivion is #1 game of the year. :3

What do you know, critics that actually get it right for once. >:3

--edit--

I always rename him as Nanaki when I get him.  :rolleyes
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

gothtk14

Quote from: Sirius Griffon on February 06, 2007, 12:39:12 AM
*Is guilty of the fanfic writing, did like 20 of them*

Nanaki, or Red XIII, that was the wolfcat critters name btw :P

Thanks I couldn't remember his name.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Netami on January 02, 2007, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 02, 2007, 07:18:01 AM
I see no mention of EBA in here yet... Blood must be spilled.

What is EBA? Please don't tell me that there was an Earthbound game released and I didn't notice...

Is it a bad time for me to say Mother 3 came out for the GBA?

Quote from: Vidar on January 03, 2007, 07:01:09 AM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 02, 2007, 08:37:27 PM
It's the first Zelda game since Ocarina of Time that I'm really wanting to play myself.

Go. Play. Windwaker. Now.
You will enjoy it. It's a really good game. It has epic boss fights. It has good graphics. It has good gameplay. It is big. It has good music. It has memorable characters. What more could you want?

I didn't mind the cel-shading. What pissed me off was the difficulty on three heart challenge. WTF, throughout the whole game I never even got to 1 heart. It has awesome gameplay, waaaaaay better than OoT, but TP easily overshadows it, in both versions. Characters are forgettable, and the bosses are made for epic boss fights but their HP just doesn't last, TP had the same problem. That's the only thing OoT is good at, making the boss fights last at least a minute.

Quote from: vulpesweasel on January 24, 2007, 03:47:55 PM
It's either gotta be Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus or Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for me...probably Disgaea 2. You just can't be good old exploding penguins.
???
:erk

I can see Disgaea but DoC. WTF, did you play the game? I sure as hell couldn't, due to engine failure.