Babies (New Year's Comic) (01/01/07)

Started by Chaos, December 31, 2006, 11:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 01, 2007, 01:25:55 AM
What if it's a generic background that people are yet again overanalyzing?

Aw, but where's the fun in that? :P

I think I saw the same format of ellipses being used in the eighth page of Abel's Story, in the background of the panel when Abel is commenting on May's new-and-improved version of his little peg-toy thingy.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Narethlian

I honestly think Panel 3's background is the worlds largest '...'

-Nar

Zedd

As long Fa'Lina doesn't bother me again and wastes time to huggle Pyro like Elmira Daveil

Alan Garou

It is now official. I am a Fa'Lina fanboy, and this comic is what won me over. Anyone who can look hyper-happy, ultra-cute, and horrifying all at once is my idol. And I totally agree with her about looking forward to grandchildren. I would love to see how Dan would handle being an uncle.

e_voyager

ahh!. i now fear Fa'lina more then ever which is... not new considering this is the first time i can recall feeling fear form her actions.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on January 01, 2007, 09:55:31 AMPersonally, in his 2-legged form, I always thought he looked a bit bear-ish.

I always thought that he looked like his features were carved in stone. (e.g. 726)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Gareeku

Quote from: Alan Garou on January 01, 2007, 12:44:28 PM
It is now official. I am a Fa'Lina fanboy, and this comic is what won me over.

Welcome to the fandom, my friend. :3

Fa'Lina is so cute in today's strip x3

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 01, 2007, 11:54:05 AMI think I saw the same format of ellipses being used in the eighth page of Abel's Story, in the background of the panel when Abel is commenting on May's new-and-improved version of his little peg-toy thingy.

You're right!  I need to pay more attention to backgrounds.

Except that the background there doesn't have the giant dot underneath.

Alondro

*Charline growls*  Now you see why Fa'lina is my 2nd arch-enemy.  She can look even more ebil than I can!  *sigh*  I'm so beautiful, I just can't the ebil look down well enough.  One of the curses of being perfect...  :3

*Charles oggles and pokes at Fa'lina's chest in the last panel*  Boooo-beeeehhh... *poke poke pooooke*   :B

*Alondro snickers*  Interesting that Amber should have a character bring up having babies after this: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_177.php

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

You know, I just had a thought.

What if the great leader from 113 is not so much Dan's great grandchild, but Destania's great great grandchild, and Pyro knows that Dan is Destania's only child, so he assumes that it's Dan's.

And then he and Alexsi get together, and it turns out that he's unwittingly protecting his own kin?

It would be entertaining, at least.

P.S. For someone who's really psycho about kids, look up the Nutrigrain Feel Great commercial.  I'd link to it, but I'm not 100% sure it's safe for this forum. (Babies everywhere!)

Ted Schiller

Does Destania know Fa'Lina adopted a dragon, and said dragon was in the Twink Territories?    :erk

With regards,
Ted

Distracting

Maybe Fa'Lina got drunk at a party one night, one thing led to another...
That would explain why he would be the nice dragon.

That or she found him hurt and confused or something. Either way, she would be her 'mother'. Such complicated characters...so much harder to figure out than in books...

superluser

Quote from: HeroZero on January 01, 2007, 02:49:35 PMMaybe Fa'Lina got drunk at a party one night, one thing led to another...

Fa'Lina: You know it is, Your Honor.  You're at a party, and someone starts passing around the adoption papers.  You tell yourself, ``I'll just sign one.''  Next thing you know, you've created a secret academy in the forest...
The Court: Even so, the tax exemptions are non-refundable.

GabrielsThoughts

um, mothers don't generally presure males to have grandchildren as much as females.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thetire

I go away for a couple days and THIS happens! :milklaugh

I never heard of crazy hatchling-snatching cubi before...

*GASP!*

Fa'Lina is  really a dragon!

Brunhidden

The first thing that came to mind when i saw her facial expression is that she should be drooling or it should say "BABIES! YUM!"

i know that some parents freak out and are horrified when they hear thier kid is pregnant, repeating theyre too young to be a grandma. others however seem to think that you would have no problem dropping babies left and right like you had some kinda  rapid fire uterus. i know wives who think thier husbands would have no problem with this either, and my own wife thinks that our daughter is so cute we should have another FOUR in the next few years.

*FOONK ca-chack FOONK*

QuoteYes, thats right. The incredable edable baby has hundreds of uses around the home and tastes great too!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sirius Griffon

*Giggles* Poor, poor Pyroduck. Man, Id be absolutly terrified of those teeth alone! Much less the thought of children. And then theres the thought of who his inlaws would be > >;

Imperial fox

i would do the same thing...
RUN
falina looked a little to scary then.
no seriously.

Angel

(makes that face she makes of trying not to laugh) Pph... mmph... hnghngh....

(explodes) [roflmao] BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!! :D  :mowhappy :boogie [/roflmao]

:bow Amber, you are officially God. Fa'Lina's second-panel face + Ducky's third-panel face = the best comic ever in the history of forever.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Apparently Fa'Lina isn't very omniscient outside the Academy  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kibin

Quote from: Zander on January 01, 2007, 03:34:24 PM
I go away for a couple days and THIS happens! :milklaugh

I never heard of crazy hatchling-snatching cubi before...

*GASP!*

Fa'Lina is  really a dragon!

Wouldn't the baby be born like any other mammal, be in being form, and eventually be able to shift out of being form later in it's life? Since the method of delivery would probably be dependent on the mother...

superluser

Quote from: Kibin on January 01, 2007, 08:01:05 PMWouldn't the baby be born like any other mammal, be in being form, and eventually be able to shift out of being form later in it's life? Since the method of delivery would probably be dependent on the mother...

``There are two things wrong with that statement, and both of them are all of it.''

1.) Dragons aren't mammals.  I'd have to look up what the exact requirements are, but among other things, they're warm-blooded, which I think is not true of dragons.
2.) There are three broad categories of mammals--placentals and marsupials, and monotremes.  Placentals are born like humans are born, but marsupials have a sort of two-stage birth, and monotremes actually lay eggs (!).  So there's no standard way for a mammal to be born.
3.) `Cubi are creatures, not beings.
4.) `Cubi don't seem to reproduce in the same way as beings.

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 01, 2007, 08:30:30 PM

...*blinks*
Elaborate, please? O_o;
:boogie

Meech

I do believe that Dan was 'produced' in the same way as a being.

EDIT:  Abel also seems to have arrived in much the same way.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on January 01, 2007, 08:46:51 PM
...*blinks*
Elaborate, please? O_o;

I assume he's thinking of the fact that 'cubi in effect start out as Beings and gradually become magical Creatures.  Either that or it's the business where the offspring may or may not be a 'cubi and so there is something funny going on at the genetic/metabiology level.
Either way I wouldn't have phrased it that way myself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

...*blinks*
Elaborate, please? O_o;

#489 seems to indicate that the method of reproduction is at least slightly novel.

Edit:

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 01, 2007, 08:58:58 PMEither that or it's the business where the offspring may or may not be a 'cubi and so there is something funny going on at the genetic/metabiology level.

That actually makes quite a bit of sense.  If the `cubi genes were on the X chromosome (and say, there were even odds of whether or not a spermatozoa had either the X chromosome, the Y chromosome, or an X and a Y), it would be an either/or thing.

Aridas

er, sorry, but there's no indication that it's not exactly the same.

Zedd

Kibin

Quote from: Kibin on January 01, 2007, 08:01:05 PMWouldn't the baby be born like any other mammal, be in being form, and eventually be able to shift out of being form later in it's life? Since the method of delivery would probably be dependent on the mother...

``There are two things wrong with that statement, and both of them are all of it.''

1.) Dragons aren't mammals.  I'd have to look up what the exact requirements are, but among other things, they're warm-blooded, which I think is not true of dragons.
2.) There are three broad categories of mammals--placentals and marsupials, and monotremes.  Placentals are born like humans are born, but marsupials have a sort of two-stage birth, and monotremes actually lay eggs (!).  So there's no standard way for a mammal to be born.
3.) `Cubi are creatures, not beings.

I meant the child of Pyroduck and Alexsi...

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 01, 2007, 09:25:20 PM
...*blinks*
Elaborate, please? O_o;

#489 seems to indicate that the method of reproduction is at least slightly novel.

I rather think this is the universal reaction to this sort of stuff, just like Jyrras went all *MOUTHFOAM* when he tried to picture his parents having sex.
I mean... what would YOU do if some stranger suddenly whipped up sex ed pictures after your "Where did you come from" question? ;)
:boogie