Babies (New Year's Comic) (01/01/07)

Started by Chaos, December 31, 2006, 11:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercheese

Quote from: Fresnor on January 01, 2007, 01:52:15 AM
Wasn't the Abel comic supposed to be the last update of 2006?  Because technically this one was posted before the ball dropped... >.>

Not necessarily. Other parts of the world have been in 2007 for a good number of hours now.

Fresnor

Quote from: Supercheese on January 01, 2007, 02:11:08 AM
Wasn't the Abel comic supposed to be the last update of 2006?  Because technically this one was posted before the ball dropped... >.>

Not necessarily. Other parts of the world have been in 2007 for a good number of hours now.

Yeah, but is Amber herself in those parts? :p

superluser

You know, given Fa'Lina's reaction, I kinda wonder if maybe she can't have kids.  It would be weird being a succubus and either being infertile or having gone through menopause, but it would explain why she left the world behind to found SAIA.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Anyone can have a kid, but grandkids is worth bragging about.

Zedd

And there will be a problem for me...Kids from my angle will be hard

Kaerou

mwahahahaahah! >:D

I giggled!  Then i laughed... and now i'm back to giggling.  This comic was hilariously awesomes! <3 <3

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Aleolus

ok, it looks like Pyro's a normal guy, who will panic and run for the hills the moment the possibility of him being a father is even suggested anywhere near him.  Never understood the desire myself, but I've seen a lot of people give into it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 01, 2007, 03:21:44 AM
"Ch-yah, he runs pretty fast."

Have you become a warp acii overnight my dear Llearch?

Chaos

Quote from: Fresnor on January 01, 2007, 02:13:16 AM

She went to Newfoundland just to be in those parts. Just for you.

Yay Nested Quotes!!!

Distracting

Quote from: Chaos on January 01, 2007, 03:36:34 AM
Quote from: Fresnor on January 01, 2007, 02:13:16 AM

She went to Newfoundland just to be in those parts. Just for you.

Yay Nested Quotes!!!
Or she suddenly decided to go by GMT for no reason other than it being there. I mean, why else do people climb mountains? You might think to say because it's there, but it's really for bragging rights. :B

Hellcat

seeing Fa'lina's wing-tenticles kinda makes me wonder why it has been some time since Dan's showed up, even before he became green-eyed Alexsi it has been a while

- dare I say it? :smile I wish me a happy birthday and a happy new year  :giggle

Tapewolf

That's brilliant.  The second frame in particular. She could quite easily have that same expression when she's about to devour his soul.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that it's a strange match?
Fa'lina adopting a dragon who can live for millions of years but decides to marry a Being?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 01, 2007, 04:38:48 AM
Fa'lina adopting a dragon who can live for millions of years but decides to marry a Being?
Well, when you put it like that...

Which also begs the question:  How old is PyroDuck?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on January 01, 2007, 04:42:58 AM

We don't know.  Unless he's done some kind of Fae reincarnation trick a'la Mab, he can't be older than Fa'Lina.  He could be anything between 25 and 9000.  Given their mutual reactions I'd hazard a guess at under 50 ("Fa'Lina.. I'm not fifty anymore!  I don't need cute ways of getting a message delivered!").  Fa'Lina would probably do that to a 1000-year old 'cubi mind :P

On the other hand we have the alleged time-travel business, a.k.a his ability to foretell things and always win at gambling.  If he doesn't have aeons of dragonlore, how the hell would he pull that off unless he really is a time-traveller?  (In which case working out his age is a nontrivial exercise)

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 01, 2007, 05:01:36 AM
Quote from: Madd the Sane on January 01, 2007, 04:42:58 AM

We don't know.  Unless he's done some kind of Fae reincarnation trick a'la Mab, he can't be older than Fa'Lina.  He could be anything between 25 and 9000.  Given their mutual reactions I'd hazard a guess at under 50 ("Fa'Lina.. I'm not fifty anymore!  I don't need cute ways of getting a message delivered!").  Fa'Lina would probably do that to a 1000-year or 'cubi mind :P

On the other hand we have the alleged time-travel business, a.k.a his ability to foretell things and always win at gambling.  If he doesn't have aeons of dragonlore, how the hell would he pull that off unless he really is a time-traveller?  (In which case working out his age is a nontrivial exercise)

And she still does it to you...

nick012000

Bwahahaha! Man, Falina reminded me of my mother when she found out that my older brother was having a kid then.

Snap

Wow, the new year started with subtlety like a sledgehammer
and im LOVING every single bit of it. :boogie
Hope you guys had "einen guten Rutsch" ^^

MT Hazard

Thus reproving that Pyro can have emotional meltdowns as well as any other member of the cast.

I do wonder if women who can't have children direct their energy into getting other people to have them.

Perhaps its genetic programming

Raise kids until
age = 18
then ask "when am I going to have some grand children?"
repeat until
grand children number = 1+

They get to see them occasionally without all that annoying having to look after them stuff. 'The best thing about grand kids is you can give them back !' as my parents keep reminding me.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 01, 2007, 07:27:35 AM
Thus reproving that Pyro can have emotional meltdowns as well as any other member of the cast.

I'd like to see that happen to Fa'Lina.  (Looks at pane 2 again)  Urrrr, maybe not.

I must be totally insane:

while(children)
  {
  check(children);
  for(kid=children;kid;kid=kid->next)
    {
    if(!kid)
      break;
    if(kid->age < 18)           // should ask rather than accessing it directly but
      {                         // sometimes it returns an incorrect result
      if(!kid->raise())
        {
        kid->SendIntoCare();    // Something went wrong with the kid
                                // carry on with the others, check() will remove it
                                // from the list later on
        }
      continue;
      }
  // kid->age >= 18
  if(!kid->children)
    kid->request(CHILDPROCESS);

// Shouldn't happen
  if(kid->age > age)
    {
    if(!(kid->flags & FLAGS_ADOPTED))
      {
      // Thanet DC had this happen last year
      BreakPoint(); 
      break;            // See if we can get this to happen again
      }
    }
  }

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Arcalane

Quote from: C-3POWe're doomed!

That is all.

secondwolf

Gabi

I think it's just that Fa'Lina loves driving others crazy. Maybe that's why she likes Abel so much. If that hadn't been her intention, she would have known it was still way too early for that. You don't start making plans for babies on your first date (unless you're an obsessive maniac or something).
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Faerie Alex

Quote from: secondwolf on January 01, 2007, 08:49:58 AM
When Pyroduck was in his dragon form his head was similar in shape to Fa'Lina's(http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_683.php and http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_729.php).
Actually, I think it looks slightly duckbilled. :/

Personally, in his 2-legged form, I always thought he looked a bit bear-ish.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Wanderer

secondwolf

Quote from: modelincard on January 01, 2007, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: secondwolf on January 01, 2007, 08:49:58 AM
When Pyroduck was in his dragon form his head was similar in shape to Fa'Lina's(http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_683.php and http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_729.php).
Actually, I think it looks slightly duckbilled. :/

Personally, in his 2-legged form, I always thought he looked a bit bear-ish.

The actual shape is very similar, though Fa'Lina's is actual slightly more angular. In his two legged form he is shape shifting so he could look anything he wanted.

Miaka

That's generally my reply when mom mentions my having kids.

except usually with yelling of the fact that I'm fifteen so back off, and her making jokes about Kaos' looks. And height.

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 01, 2007, 07:27:35 AM
Raise kids until
age = 18
then ask "when am I going to have some grand children?"
repeat until
grand children number = 1+

They're supposed to wait until you're 18?!!!!!  Mommmmm! I told you that you weren't supposed to ask for grandchildren when I was 12. (Ha, ha! Revenge in the form of my youngest brother's children, the hell-spawn beasts. Even their own grandmother was happy to put them on a plane to go home yesterday)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Jinni

Bwahahaha- Thats awsome, gotta love family who are obsessed over grandchildren.  :eager