A new year!

Started by Tait-Fox, December 31, 2006, 09:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tait-Fox

Well well, as the year '2006' closes and a new year begins, we bask in our memory and remember what happened.

So far this year was a 50-50... Discovered furry, discovered webcomics, discovered that yes I am growing taller, (5 foot 3 inches, WOOTS!  :3) discovered many other things, including I can draw a bit to save my life! :D

Bad things happened too, almost lost my life... on a couple occasions; one with an Australian spider that somehow managed to work its way into the US via the power of April 1'st, and the other via dehydratrion/stomach flu/kemotosis.  Almost lost a couple friends.

Thats basically a wrap up of what I can remember right now in my tired state.

I discovered many things, learned many things, and found out that April 1'st hates me in the weirdest ways...

What about you?

By the way... it wouldn't be a new year thread without a...

Whats your new years resolution!

Ending...

But I'm not gonna do that... seriously.. :P..................... so what is it? Eh? I'll tell you if you tell me!

My New Years Resolution is to... find a way to break April 1'sts curse upon me!

>:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you look, there's a NYR thread elsewhere.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, that would be the one I meant.

.. I -did- mean that perhaps Tait-Fox should go looking for it, as well, though. :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 31, 2006, 11:01:54 AM
.. I -did- mean that perhaps Tait-Fox should go looking for it, as well, though. :-)

Granted TF might want to move his resolutions to the other thread, but I'd be interested in a few more overview-of-the-past-year posts, which the NYR thread is not intended for..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Wow 2007 so close...for some...

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Tait-Fox on December 31, 2006, 09:59:02 AM
Discovered furry, discovered webcomics, discovered that yes I am growing taller...discovered many other things, including I can draw a bit to save my life! :D
Almost disturbingly, that describes some of what's happened to me. :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Gabi

I discovered that DMFAers are as great in person as they are online!

That merits a set of hugs for everyone.

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Happy 2007 to everyone on and off the forums!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bill

I discovered Prog Rock, DMFA, Firefox, and the fact that your grades go up when you do your work.

Tiger_T

Happy New Year!

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Dakata

Eeewwww! Fox cooties!

*Hugs Gabi back* :3

Let's see...Dak discovered...

-That MySpace is useful for -something-. (I can talk to my classmates/other kids that go to my school and I won't have to talk to them in person and be all nervous and crap...'cuz I'm a wimpy dragon. XP)

-That Boogeyman is pretty and not scary at all. >:3 I wonder how pretty Oogie would look in a dress...:mwaha

-fchan.

-That there -are- nice teachers that won't STAB ME IN THE BACK when I need them most. :<

-That there -are- people IRL who -can- go 5 seconds without calling something 'gay' or 'retarded'.

-That my classmates are dumb enough to make up something -stupid- just so they can say 'gay' or 'lesbian'. (Apparently I'm gay since I like boys.....LOL, BILL UR A LESBIAN CUZ U LYK GURLS)

-I hate my name -more- because of the school mascot.  :cry

Edit: DONT EDIT MY POST BILL. :< You screwed it up.

bill

Quote from: Dakata on December 31, 2006, 07:37:19 PM

(Apparently I'm gay since I like boys.....LOL, BILL UR A LESBIAN CUZ U LYK GURLS)

:<

Faerie Alex

And I found out that Ink is a guy. Seriously, like, a minute ago (it's still 2006 here).

Got a job (in school)

Discovered I might or might not be allergic to cats. I need a test to be sure.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Shadrok

Hmm? A summery of the year for me.

• Got DSL

• Started posting my art online

• Started toying with HTML

• Graduated College

• Got my first job

Well that's most of what I can think of that happened for me in 2006.

Reese Tora

Got a job :3

Got Direct TV (thanks mom for getting us dad's christmas present ;) )

Earned my AA degree in computer networking.

Havn't been sent my diploma yet :< it's been 6 freakin' months already.

Had a few close calls on the freeway, now that I have a job to drive to every day.

Have learned to be a better driver due to the having to drive to work every day.

My computer died (HDD, Motherboard, Power supply) in October, and I lost probably 4 years of stuff, including my 300+ list of webcomic links and all my save files for my games.

Hmm... not much else really significant that I can recall happened this year; stuff doesn't seem to happen to me.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

xHaZxMaTx

It's now officially 2007 where I'm at.

Reese Tora

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 01, 2007, 03:05:29 AM
It's now officially 2007 where I'm at.
Only four more time zones left in 2006, and they mostly just cover ocean. :3
(there's, I think, one island near Hawai'i that is on the 2006 side of the international date line, Alaska, and some part of Canada.)

--edit--

Because Canada is a country and a proper noun, dosh garnet!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

roninfoxtail

34 minutes into the new year, and I hear a dog barking to the music blasting from the neighbors.

Year in review!
... I'm forgetting what happened last year. Wonder if it's a curse of mine.
Only things that stand out in my mind are joining deviantart and getting a PS2. Oh, and underestimating high school.

Suwako

Wow only 10 hours 42 minutes late...  :B

I discovered that I can become lazier easier then the opposite.  >:3
oh, and that the prices at new year parties are insane. 3.50 for red bull?

oh and that everyone at the party remembered the good oldie 'dromen zijn bedrog' gawd the only dutch song I like was actually sung by most of the crowd.  :) boten anna, and dota did well as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

2007 started much the same as 2006 ended. Fiddling about on a machine all night.

I still have my webserver to sort out...

TheGreyRonin

Things I learned in 2006:

Divorce isn't as painful as the seperation that requires one.
Having hermit crabs is more addicting than crack.
No matter how nice your players are, gamers will still eventually stab a GM in the back because "he owes them".
Having a seizure in a parked van with bucket seats is more painful and damaging than it sounds.
Watching the Blue Screen Of Death on your old computer isn't quite as bad as trying to recover files from said machine.
And finally, the world moves on, things change, but surprisingly a lot of it stays the same.

Here's to an interesting 2007!

Stygian

Gah... the thing's We've learned this year...

Family is hell. You choose your friends, not your relatives.

Keep a quick hand on your pocket while in foreign countries, and a pair of running shoes on all the time.

Pickpockets break easily.

Some friends are more of a bother than a help when out and cruising.

Say what you mean. Some people don't get it when you talk between the words, or whatever...

School is not fun. Nor does it teach you humility, wisdom or any of those other valuable things. It's a diploma, that's all.

Responsibility is not fun. But unlike school, it's bound to teach you some lessons, since you damn well can't sleep in on it or think of something else in 'class'.

And finally... leading a hard life is only hard on yourself. But it does teach you the things that school and family can't. And if it's the only one you've got, why not put it to use?

So here's a bittersweet toast to the new year, and my sincere well-wishings to you all for a change. Have a good new one then, boys and girls, and don't follow my example.