Sappy Mistletoe Couple

Started by Rafe, December 21, 2006, 06:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

thegayhare

I say Jyrras in the middle with Lorrenda and Abel on each side bending down to kiss his cheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. and Kria watching grumpily?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

Dan and Wildy? *watching in awe as the sky darkens ominously* 'A'
:boogie

ShiningShadow

Jyrass and Lorenda

Jyrass and Kira

Jyrass with Lorenda and Kira

Dan and Maltilda

Alexsi and Pyro Alexsi as a egyptian princess and Pyro in a slave outfit

Dan and Wildly SM galore wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... :eager

Abel and Jyrass in SM galore PT. 2  >:3

Izkata

Dan and Matilda under the mistletoe, Abel and Jyrras off to the side where those two can't see them - Jyrras trying to go for Dan while Abel, who is holding Jyrras back, suddenly notices more mistletoe magically appearing above them!  (Courtesy of Mab, maybe?  Or, not magically, and it's Wildy?)

TWINK

EVERYBODY AT ONCE! Locked in a mistletoe storage room! COLON THREEEEE.

Amber Williams

Wellp I've drawn something.  What/Who is was you'll all have to wait and seeee...but there will be some sort of holiday filler for you all and there is mistletoe involved. :3

Wildy

Aww.. I got sniped.. Just as I was about to reply.

I want to see a picture of Mezzafint (If that is the cubi with the mase that was linked below) in a picture with Boko. XD

I love Boko...

Amber Williams

Oof...I really need to draw Boko. I guess if I had any new Years Resolutions for 2007 it will be to get back into updating Mab's Land regularly.

Wildy

You could draw pictures of Boko for meeeee!!!

And a certain Wildy .gif  <.<    >.>     >.<

Zedd

Yay for Boko...Now have a shinny grenade crate....You might need it when the time comes *wearing a Guy Fawks mask*

Wildy

Christmassy theme.. Not necessarily something has to blow up or be destroyed just because the characters are portrayed doing such -once-, in Mezzafint's case atleast...

Amber, you have very violent ret.. I mean.. readers...

Ducjo_Orpor

Quote from: Zedd on December 22, 2006, 03:59:56 PM
Yay for Boko...Now have a shinny grenade crate....You might need it when the time comes *wearing a Guy Fawks mask*

Dude, now you've got me imagining Boko as V. Which is pretty awesome.

BOKO FANS UNITE!

llearch n'n'daCorna

explosions aren't christmassy?

Man. I've been gypped. *pout*

Fex

I know a few to  :mowcookie

Deathbringer and a mow
Fi and a mow
Deathbringer and Fi
Pip and fi
Pip and Dan
Jyrras and Dan
Jyrras and Abel
Dan and Abel
Mab and a mow
Mab and Fi
Mab and Deathbringer

While at work I thought of a silly one to
Wildy forcing one of the guys to kiss her

superluser

Quote from: Fex on December 22, 2006, 06:17:43 PMWhile at work I thought of a silly one to

As a guy, this one sorta creeps me out.  Let's rephrase it this way:

Remember the scene in Army of Darkness where Bad Ash finds Sheila?

``Well, now.  Ain't you the sweet little thing'' and forces her to kiss him?

I fail to see how this is (1) any different, and (2) appropriate for Christmas.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fex

I never saw that movie so I have no idea but they guy in the pic could use some make-up and I said to it was silly

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sid

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: Fex on December 22, 2006, 06:17:43 PMWhile at work I thought of a silly one to

As a guy, this one sorta creeps me out.

I think your view of "forced" is a bit narrow.

It can easily* be done in a tasteful, humorous and christmassy way. Especially with characters like... Dan or Merlitz, who can be pulled down to her height by the robe/shirt. Add mistletoe above them, a small hatchet in the hand, a smirk on her face and a O_o;;; expression on his face. Ta-da!

---

* Assuming that one can draw - unlike me, who can't even properly draw a stick figure.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on December 22, 2006, 07:00:27 PMIt can easily* be done in a tasteful, humorous and christmassy way. Especially with characters like... Dan or Merlitz, who can be pulled down to her height by the robe/shirt. Add mistletoe above them, a small hatchet in the hand, a smirk on her face and a O_o;;; expression on his face. Ta-da!

Now switch it.  Dan is standing under the mistletoe, grinning, with a sword in his hand, and Wildy with a O_o;;; expression.  Dan is grabbing Wildy's sleeve to prevent her from leaving.

I don't think that that would be very Christmassy, so why should it be so the other way `round?

Sid

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 07:14:33 PM
Quote from: Sid on December 22, 2006, 07:00:27 PMIt can easily* be done in a tasteful, humorous and christmassy way. Especially with characters like... Dan or Merlitz, who can be pulled down to her height by the robe/shirt. Add mistletoe above them, a small hatchet in the hand, a smirk on her face and a O_o;;; expression on his face. Ta-da!

Now switch it.  Dan is standing under the mistletoe, grinning, with a sword in his hand, and Wildy with a O_o;;; expression.  Dan is grabbing Wildy's sleeve to prevent her from leaving.

I don't think that that would be very Christmassy, so why should it be so the other way `round?

The main difference is characterization, I think. It's not the only difference, but the others are either related or obvious (larger characters forcing smaller ones, male characters forcing female ones... it all looks not-too-positive while the reverse can be pulled off well under certain circumstances).

Deep down, Dan is a very romantic/old-fashioned guy. He would never use force to get a kiss. Not even if the fate of the world depended on it, I think. That's one of the things a good hero simply doesn't think of, and Dan sees himself as a classic hero (see here). We are used to that image, so Dan using force against his friend simply wouldn't fit.

On the other side, we have Wildy, a girl who is known to do crazy stuff like that. It's part of her nature, and the others know that it's part of their unique relationship with a wild ferret (see the hatchet incident). So her semi-jokingly using force to get something is in-character, and when she's doing it to her friend, we and they know it's all fun and games, basically. Just crazy, every-day DMFA stuff.

Additionally, Wildy and Dan are close enough for her to pull it off without straining their relationship. It's something that would have little or no consequences, just like Wildy chasing Dan with a hatchet has no consequences.

When you got characters acting radically against their nature, it's of course not humorous or christmassy or anything. Wildy isn't a victim, Dan isn't one to use force against his friends for a kiss.

In the same way, a Kria/Jyrras picture would hardly show Jyrras having the initiative while Kria goes all "Oh my! What shall I do?". Same with Jyrras/Abel. Things that would easily work one way just don't work the other way without looking odd to people who are familiar with the characters.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The other point to note is that, whilst Wildy might manage to pull Dan in for a kiss, he's big enough (and ugly enough?) to smack her across the room, should it become necessary, to defend himself.

Well... until he gets tied up, I guess.

The reverse isn't easily expected. Although from what we know of Wildy, it's only reasonable to expect her to manage to keep up her side of a brawl...

Amber Williams

As Sid said, it's pretty out of character for both Dan and Wildy situations reversed.  I prefer staying true to the characters whenever possible.  And honestly, I don't ever see a situation where Dan and Wildy would want to kiss.

That said, I do hope what I have drawn will make most parties happy.  Sides, it's mostly meant to be a silly-filler while I'm recovering from egg-nog withdrawel.

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 22, 2006, 07:44:11 PM
As Sid said, it's pretty out of character for both Dan and Wildy situations reversed.  I prefer staying true to the characters whenever possible.  And honestly, I don't ever see a situation where Dan and Wildy would want to kiss.

*Charline grins*  I could slip them some of my special drink... the same type I slipped to Charles and Alondro, the scenario of which was drawn in comic form by Soshi. 

*Charles and Alondro blush fiercely*  She tricked us with that love potion!  :cuss
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sid

And honestly, I don't ever see a situation where Dan and Wildy would want to kiss.

...until it's revealed that Wildy is a Dragon(ess?) and we get a Romeo and Juliet gig between Dan and Wildy even while Cubi and Dragons line up around them to engage in the war to end all wars...

*cricket*

*cricket*

...whaaaaat?

On-topic: It's Amber-Art, so most/all parties being happy is a given. :)

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on December 22, 2006, 08:02:50 PM

*Charline grins*  I could slip them some of my special drink... the same type I slipped to Charles and Alondro, the scenario of which was drawn in comic form by Soshi. 

*Charles and Alondro blush fiercely*  She tricked us with that love potion!  :cuss

Hey she would um....Eated you both for lunch and dinner

superluser

Quote from: Sid on December 22, 2006, 07:34:24 PMThe main difference is characterization, I think. It's not the only difference, but the others are either related or obvious (larger characters forcing smaller ones, male characters forcing female ones... it all looks not-too-positive while the reverse can be pulled off well under certain circumstances).

Well how about Biggs with a giant grin dragging Aliyka down, voulge in hand?  That's in character.

It's not rape, but the whole concept is starting to get into very creepy waters.  And that's my point.  I'm one of those men who agree with Andrea Dworkin, and the whole ``by force'' thing just seems rather icky.

Reported incidence is small, but I think it's something that we need to treat as seriously as if the sexes were reversed.

Anyways, I've said my peace and I think I'll shut up now, since this is starting to get to be a bit of a downer.

Amber Williams

Yeesh. I'll say.

I'll make sure all my rape in DMFA is same-gender to promote equality from now on. 

Manawolf

What, someone's dropping soap?

Almost forgot about the whole Jyrras Quadrangle you got going.  It's mixed up world when the nerd loves both the girl AND the guy.