2006-12-19: "Dragons have your dad"

Started by MaskedRetriever, December 19, 2006, 02:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artanis

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2006, 12:48:21 PM
Also, if Biggs has a link to the Creature Council (as mentioned by Kria), why on earth are they still worried about Jyrras and his toys when Biggs is poised to do something that half the world won't sleep through?
That's not the problem here.

Whatever he's planning, to get half the world to sleep through it, it has to be less than half a day long, else people start waking up.

Remember, the way planets and stars and biological clocks work, at any given moment around 50% of the world population is, in fact, asleep. Or at least not as attentive as they usually are.

I'd hazard a guess at the plan being on a grand scale, but since the whole cubi/dragon thing isn't all over the papers, and the shadowy nature of the shadow council, I'd say his grand plan is more of a grand entry into a hidden conflict. Thus, those who don't know of the conflict, and aren't keeping track of it, won't know anything has happened until it affects them. The sleepers stay asleep, and the awake don't notice anything to prompt waking the sleepers.

If the 3:30 appointment has something to do with Biggs getting Wildy, willingly or unknowingly, to help him with this plan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Wanderer

So... wait. We're theorizing that the twinks are trying to SAVE the world? :erk

...does not compute.

GabrielsThoughts

let's see, my mother is one quarter German, one quarter Dutch-Irish...which if you know american history is also german, one quarter Quaker...who are of english desent and one quarter cherokee.

My father is a Puerto Rican, which is the ultimate mixed bag of nuts when it comes to race, and I my grandmother claims we are decendents of the islands native Tiano indians.

So that makes me 100% American... I don't see a conflict of intrest with Abel bing refered to as a Cubi if only one of his pararents are cubi.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Artanis on December 19, 2006, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2006, 12:48:21 PM
Also, if Biggs has a link to the Creature Council (as mentioned by Kria), why on earth are they still worried about Jyrras and his toys when Biggs is poised to do something that half the world won't sleep through?
That's not the problem here.

Whatever he's planning, to get half the world to sleep through it, it has to be less than half a day long, else people start waking up.

I think a sufficiently large nuclear inferno would count as that.  Not that I seriously believe Biggs is thinking of anything like that but it was the first thing that sprang to mind.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Artanis on December 19, 2006, 05:54:45 PMThat's not the problem here.

Remember, the way planets and stars and biological clocks work, at any given moment around 50% of the world population is, in fact, asleep. Or at least not as attentive as they usually are.

I think you're taking this a little too literally.  Furthermore, given that the average sleep cycle is around eight hours, there should never be more than 1/3 of the population sleeping at any given time.*

I think that the term `sleep' is being used metaphorically here for ``Half the world won't be paying attention.''

*Yes, yes.  You have to assume a spherical planet with uniform population distribution and a uniform distribution of sleep schedules.

Quote from: Artanis on December 19, 2006, 05:54:45 PMThe sleepers stay asleep, and the awake don't notice anything to prompt waking the sleepers.

I swear you're trolling for Dune quotes.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: superluser on December 19, 2006, 05:15:06 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on December 19, 2006, 05:07:52 PMAll right, that's two people saying that. What's that from? I feel like I should know.

I figured it was Bad Dudes (A/K/A Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja)...

...and it was.

Azlan

Best to wait and see I suppose, too much speculation might make causality come into effect here.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 19, 2006, 06:28:09 PMSooo... Dan's talking to himself? Typical.

Good.  It looks like I won't have to explain this one:

RushFox

I think you won the internet with that one. XD

That's perfect, that's exactly what I was thinking!  :3

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on December 19, 2006, 07:41:08 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 19, 2006, 06:28:09 PMSooo... Dan's talking to himself? Typical.

Good. It looks like I won't have to explain this one:

That is SO fake! too many colors! This DMFA game was obviously never released.

Alondro

It's a secret launch release for the PS3!  *watches the game blog sites go berserk trying to find it*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Manawolf

Looks more like a Wii release if you ask me.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 19, 2006, 08:33:36 PMThat is SO fake! too many colors! This DMFA game was obviously never released.

Figures.

Actually, if you look, there are only 16 colors in the Biggs sprite, and I think there are only three colors in the background.  Add in the pure black shadow, and you get 20 possible colors.  Wikipedia says that the NES could display up to 25 colors at one time.

Edit: found the NES palette, and fixed it.

Shadrok

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

Zedd

Cvstos

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

MaskedRetriever

I've personally decided that that is in fact why Dan got sent back instead of tied to a chair and forced to participate in "Simulating Amazons for Beginners" until he decided to stay.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aleolus

...OK, I still wanna know why cubi and dragons don't get along.

Azlan

Quote from: Aleolus on December 19, 2006, 11:32:55 PM

I already said in several threads back that it was because they owe money!  :P

Kenji

So, I wonder if all those peeps with dragon characters still want a cameo. o:

Azlan

Oh now that's a good one.

I bet they still would...

llearch n'n'daCorna

mmm. dragon burgers.

... that'd be on the grill at the beach party, no?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MaskedRetriever

Madmann135

Quote from: FireKatKid on December 20, 2006, 12:01:00 AM
So, I wonder if all those peeps with dragon characters still want a cameo. o:

I still want a cameo but I can't afford the Amber Bribe to get my charactor in a frame.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aleolus on December 19, 2006, 11:32:55 PM

Got to the thread "why Dragons hates Cubi" to understand there all your questions will be answered there.

Aridas

No, since everyone's just speculating there.

Kaerou

I was about to say that myself.  I dont think we've been given any specific reason in the comic yet.

And on topic.. i'm so dissapointed!  There i was warming up to her and she's after genocide.. against my race at that!  I'm shocked!

((nicely written story :))

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!