Bow before Cheetos Jesus

Started by Teroniss, December 13, 2006, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Lol, i found this while hanging around eBay and thought I should share it with you folks out of the pure amusement of it. Behold the, now religious, power of cheese and bow before the might of jesus and bunny: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140063281404&fromMakeTrack=true

King Of Hearts

Teroniss

shopped or not, its still funny that someone has bid $10 on it....

Zedd

Aridas

It looks nothing like he says, so whether it was shopped or not means nothing. >.>

LionHeart

It's not even a particularly good photo.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

RJ

:/ I bet it's either a shop, or held together with glue.

Vidar

:U
It invokes the 34th proof of God's existence on http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm  :V

Therefore, God exists!  :O

* for the record, \me is a godless atheist, and the above list should never be taken seriously, ever. *
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Alondro

Death to the infidel!   *stones the atheist!*  Cuz god told me to!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Vidar

* \me uses the power of atheistic science to stop the rocks before they hit \me *

If you are hearing voices, you might want to consider visiting a psychiatrist (as a patient, of course).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Anyone who sees a shrink needs their head examined. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

But with proof of God, there is no faith, and without faith, God is nothing, therefore, God doesn't exist. >:3

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on December 13, 2006, 09:23:30 AMDeath to the infidel!   *stones the atheist!*  Cuz god told me to!   >:3

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 13, 2006, 10:14:09 AMBut with proof of God, there is no faith, and without faith, God is nothing, therefore, God doesn't exist. >:3

To quote Oolon Colluphid's source:

``I refuse to prove that I exist,'' says God, ``For proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.''
``But,'' said man, ``the babelfish is a  dead giveaway, isn't it?  It proves you exist and therefore you don't.  QED.''
``Oh dear,'' says God, ``I hadn't thought of that,'' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

(/me is happy to be a practicing Catholic)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 13, 2006, 10:14:09 AM
But with proof of God, there is no faith, and without faith, God is nothing, therefore, God doesn't exist. >:3

... and then go on to prove that black is white and gets run over on the next zebra crossing?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 11:03:27 AM... and then go on to prove that black is white and gets run over on the next zebra crossing?

You know, if I hadn't stopped to double check the phrasing of the original radio series, I would have gotten there first.

Vidar

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 10:57:01 AM
Quote from: Alondro on December 13, 2006, 09:23:30 AMDeath to the infidel!   *stones the atheist!*  Cuz god told me to!   >:3

Quite the hate-monger, isn't he?  :U

What else does God tell you?  >:3

ITOS

Blaming religion for violence is like blaming video games for violence. It's all about the stupid people that are using it as an excuse. :<
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 11:15:45 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 11:03:27 AM... and then go on to prove that black is white and gets run over on the next zebra crossing?

You know, if I hadn't stopped to double check the phrasing of the original radio series, I would have gotten there first.

... you had to check? :-)

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 11:38:38 AM... you had to check? :-)

The phrasing is different in the book and the radio series.  In the book, it's this:

``But,'' says Man, ``The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.''

(The TV series agrees with the radio series.  And yes, I forgot the `so' before `therefore')

Alondro

Quote from: Vidar on December 13, 2006, 11:25:22 AM

Quite the hate-monger, isn't he?  :U

What else does God tell you?  >:3

She tells me to destroy all humans in her name!  Hail Sekhmet, the Devourer!   >:3

*Charline peeps in*  Yay Mom!  *scoots!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 13, 2006, 10:14:09 AMBut with proof of God, there is no faith, and without faith, God is nothing, therefore, God doesn't exist. >:3

To quote Oolon Colluphid's source:

``I refuse to prove that I exist,'' says God, ``For proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.''
``But,'' said man, ``the babelfish is a  dead giveaway, isn't it?  It proves you exist and therefore you don't.  QED.''
``Oh dear,'' says God, ``I hadn't thought of that,'' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

(/me is happy to be a practicing Catholic)
Yes, well, that was actually a referense to THHGTTG, but I didn't have the book lying around. :P

Aisha deCabre

Oh the crazy things that get put on Ebay.   :rolleyes  I believe I've heard that someone put their soul up.  Forgot how much it went for...

Me, I'm a bit of an agnostic atheist (if such a thing can exist)...I've been brought up Christian, but I'm not the type to go on crusades against the evil and stuff like that.  Me and my family believe that also as long as nobody pushes religion on other people it's good to have a tolerance of others for their beliefs and their cultures.  I don't want to say I don't believe there's a god...just in case, you know.  But there's also reasonable doubt there.

Also, I think that depending on the region of the world you're in, there's a god or a plethera of them for that region...not just one...the Christian belief of creation is widely known but there are hundreds of other stories like that too.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Alan Garou

Dakata

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 13, 2006, 04:42:09 PM

Oh the crazy things that get put on Ebay.   :rolleyes  I believe I've heard that someone put their soul up.  Forgot how much it went for...
I read somethin' about some celeb-woman trying to sell herself on eBay like a year ago. :U

LOL ATTENTION WHORE :B

...If someone tries to sell their virginity on eBay, I'll probably LOL myself.

Boog

Now, belief that god is manifesting him/her/itself in your cherrios or something is crazy enough. However, if you discover one of these manifestations, wouldn't it follow that you were intended to find it and keep it?
Aside from that, why would Jesus appear in food? Most of the time it's for no reason, it just looks like him. What, is he just making sure we still know how he looks? At least this manifestation says something, although what it says would appear to be "Aren't bunnies neat?" The guy needs to learn to stop spamming.
*I'm not an athiest, I just think god can laugh at himself.*

superluser

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 13, 2006, 09:15:31 PMThere is no way that the guy selling that actually thinks that there's anything holy about the cheeto. Honestly, it's pretty weak even as Christ-image hoaxes go.

Worse than the pope hat chip?

Maybe weaker, but I think the pope hat wins for sheer overexposure.  He got $1209, mentions on Leno, and the chip has a song.

xHaZxMaTx

Eibborn

Well. Dagg. There is no proper response to that song, so I'm just going to go with stunned silence.  :disbelief
/kicks the internet over

Elader Arkon

Personally, and as a devout Christian, I find this kind of stuff rather stupid and annoying. I think the chip looks a bit more like what Abraham Lincoln would look like if he grew his hair out long (it even looks like he's holding his hat...).

<rant>
When Jesus comes back, everyone will KNOW it. He doesn't do the "I'll appear to just one or two people throughout the centuries and tell them to do a wide variety of contradicting things...".
Sheesh, perhaps people should I dunno, READ what Jesus actually said before they look for him in places like FOOD? ditto for any other 'religious figures'. I heard of someone finding Mary's face in a grilled cheese sandwich once...
Grrrr. I'm not hating them, I'm just... angry at what they're doing. Yeah. That's it. ;)
</rant>

That song is teh awesomez btw.