12/13/06 - Yeep!

Started by Grenn, December 12, 2006, 11:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercheese

ninjannihilator

You! Honked! My! Nose!

LOLz

:mwaha Finally somebody snaps. Thank you Amber, didn't expect Dan to react like that.
I want to see Abel's reaction. He might not know, remember the mindshield appeared before the little heart.

Taross

Must've been the 'Flufftuft' comment.

Zedd

Well we will hope it be Abel

e_voyager

i can't say i care who he falls for at the moment. i guess i just want to see out little inventor setter down with some one he truly loves.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

MaskedRetriever

Heh.  Poor Dan.

Jyrras probably "belongs" with Lorenda more than anyone else but by GOD him and Abel would be hot together.

King Of Hearts

As I said before Im with the JyxLor faction on this one.

*starts shaking up Jy*

Zedd

Shake him any harder you'll give em brain damage :<

e_voyager

now now we can't have that. let's setter this with a dam of DDR . i call Dan for my champion!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Supercheese

Quote from: e_voyager on December 13, 2006, 03:14:16 AM
now now we can't have that. let's setter this with a dam of DDR . i call Dan for my champion!

DDR wh00t.  :ddrabel

Izkata

Are his ears even fluffier than last time?

Tapewolf

Oh dear, I do think he may have blown it, although possibly not fatally.  This is either going to take some skilled work to recover from, or if Jyrras does twig, he's going to have to convince him to keep quiet until the reporter is gone.
AFAIK Alexsi hasn't ever shown any anti-'cubi feelings, so Dan is going to have problems if he can't make up some other reason why Abel is a bad choice.

Still, at I guess this nixes the "Jyrras-was-not-talking-about-being-gay-for-Dan" theory...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

secondwolf

I am trying to work out if this is going to become a love triangle... or more likely... love polygon. That would depend on Dan being jealous or not (if Jyraas was going to have feelings for another man, Dan's ego would probably want it to be him).

Jack McSlay

at least it wasn't about pyroduck
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

e_voyager

and whats wrong with P-Ducky as he was called?

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 13, 2006, 01:03:50 AMLets not forget he faced down Kira, tried to chew her knee caps off, and at the same time had a visit from his family and siblings.  That alone, thread of death, threat of complete embarassment infront of your family and friends would send a few to the fetal position buy Jyrras just got a mild headake.

On the other hand, confessing his love in awkward situations has sent him into the fetal position before.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 04:06:48 AMif Jyrras does twig, he's going to have to convince him to keep quiet until the reporter is gone.

Well...that's probably not going to be that hard.  If Jyrras figures out that it's Dan, then he's probably disposed to trust him.  Probably moreso because he's attracted to him.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 04:06:48 AMAFAIK Alexsi hasn't ever shown any anti-'cubi feelings, so Dan is going to have problems if he can't make up some other reason why Abel is a bad choice.

Alexsi hasn't shown any anti-`cubi feelings, but she doesn't seem fond of him, either.  I think it's pretty safe to say that she thinks he's bad news.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 04:23:35 AM
Alexsi hasn't shown any anti-`cubi feelings, but she doesn't seem fond of him, either.  I think it's pretty safe to say that she thinks he's bad news.

Yes, I'd forgotten that line, although I think 'bad news' might be a little strong.  She has given him lodgings after all, apparently for free.  I'm still wondering whether Abel is going to be Merlitz' replacement as bouncer as a way of earning his keep.

It seems to me that Dan's experiences and expectations with regard to 'cubi seem to mostly centre around adventuring and their sinister aspects, while Alexsi's main experiences have been good times with her stepmother.  That's just a guess though - we still don't know how old Dan was when Destania left, but it feels right given that Alexsi seems to be a lot more clued-in about 'cubi than Dan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 04:54:34 AMYes, I'd forgotten that line, although I think 'bad news' might be a little strong.

Well, I certainly think that it's a plausible reaction.  I've never been able to figure out the idiomatic connotations of the term `mook,' but I suspect that she sees him as sort of a mercenary and probably not dependable for a stable, long-term relationship.

Funny thing is, for everything that I try to use against Abel, I try to write ``...unlike Dan,'' but aside from the example above, I can't come up with anything.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 04:54:34 AMI'm still wondering whether Abel is going to be Merlitz' replacement as bouncer as a way of earning his keep.

That would...make a lot of sense.  It would certainly make things a lot more stable.  Which is a good reason to suspect that it won't happen. :P

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 04:54:34 AMIt seems to me that Dan's experiences and expectations with regard to 'cubi seem to mostly centre around adventuring and their sinister aspects, while Alexsi's main experiences have been good times with her stepmother.

Possibly.  We don't know how Alexsi and her mother got along when they were together.  ``Time heals all wounds'' and all that.  Also, Dan seems to have avoided having anything to do with `cubi in his adventures, so his knowledge of their sinister aspects is likely to be limited, as well.  (As evidenced by the strip with Xandra at SAIA)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 05:38:44 AM
Well, I certainly think that it's a plausible reaction.  I've never been able to figure out the idiomatic connotations of the term `mook,' but I suspect that she sees him as sort of a mercenary and probably not dependable for a stable, long-term relationship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mook

Helpful?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

So, how pissed off is Kira going to be about this?

ShiningShadow

Right now Jy-Jy has feelings for Abel. I think he's confused at this point, i think he dosen't know who he likes I thought he likes Lorenda. I was wrong  I have a feeling that Abel will say something to Jy-Jy and not like him back. Ususal Abel stuff like I'm not interested and stuff like that.   

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Fa'lina could take advantage of this.  A little kindness to the weak-willed mousie and...

*Jy-Jy*  I'm falling in love with Fa'lina now...

*Danlexsi*  :U  What the heck is wrong with you?!  Are the fumes in your lab affecting your brain?

*Charline grins*  Manipulating a weak being's pliable emotional state is something we wicked cubi excell in!   At any rate, I forsee a horrible death for Jyrras one day!  Oh the mirth!  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 05:55:43 AM

Helpful?

Not really.  I'm trying to cross-reference ``annoying, stupid, undesirable person'' with what Alexsi says, and with the Law of Mooks.

According to Random House, the word is quite vague.  Which doesn't help, as I'm trying to glean the attributes of that word that would differentiate it from, say, `dope' or `schlemiel.'

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 10:49:20 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 05:55:43 AM

Helpful?

Not really.  I'm trying to cross-reference ``annoying, stupid, undesirable person'' with what Alexsi says, and with the Law of Mooks.

According to Random House, the word is quite vague.  Which doesn't help, as I'm trying to glean the attributes of that word that would differentiate it from, say, `dope' or `schlemiel.'

"Law of Mooks" is emphasising stupid.
"Abel is a mook" is emphasising annoying.

I would read Alexsi as saying that Abel is generally annoying, but not enough to actually be called annoying. And he's more or less ok. Just that little bit stupid and annoying.

"just this guy, y'know." type thing.

Vidar

Quote from: secondwolf on December 13, 2006, 04:12:13 AM
I am trying to work out if this is going to become a love triangle... or more likely... love polygon. That would depend on Dan being jealous or not (if Jyraas was going to have feelings for another man, Dan's ego would probably want it to be him).

It will be a love-dodecaherdon by the time Amber finishes Abel's story.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

ShiningShadow

Who knows what's on Jy-Jy mind but knowing Abel he could be cold at points with people in general. But sometimes he has been known to be a softie at times, especially with Jy-Jy. Maybe Jy-Jy is reading the wrong message that's what I see at this point.

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 11:37:03 AM"just this guy, y'know." type thing.

Zaphod Beeblebrox?  He seems to have too much character to be a mook.

Quote from: Vidar on December 13, 2006, 11:40:54 AMIt will be a love-dodecaherdon by the time Amber finishes Abel's story.

I'm waiting for a love-Klein bottle.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Klein bottle for sale - enquire within.

Moebius strip for sale - see other side.

GabrielsThoughts

Unfortunately Danielle forgot Abel's rule of not touching anyone while in that form, and in a moment of quantum flux the magic would momentarily reveal Danielle for who she really was, before perminently locking her in her altered form. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

So in other words Jy-Jy will see Daniella as Dan for that brief second. I never thought of that one and that is something Amber could pull on us. Hmmmmmmmmmm I will wait and see the results.