12/13/06 - Yeep!

Started by Grenn, December 12, 2006, 11:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjannihilator

Is it just me or does Jy seem to like demonic beings.

superluser

Quote from: ninjannihilator on December 13, 2006, 12:54:37 PMIs it just me or does Jy seem to like demonic beings.

Well, creatures.  The thought has crossed my mind.

`Cubi are not demons.  I'm not totally sure if Night Mares are demons, though Kria is a demon-mare, so I guess that's a yes for her.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 01:11:07 PM
`Cubi are not demons.

Fluffy begs to differ  >:3

Fluffy begs to amend:

Quote from: FluffyThe Cubi race seems to fall into a strange sideline between the Angel and the Demon race...so much that it is often a joke that the Cubi race was created because the Angel and Demon race got along "too" well.

Maybe Aaryanna is a Demon/`Cubi hybrid?

Hey, Amber!  I found a contra...

Is that a shank? D:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 01:31:44 PM
Is that a shank? D:

"No, not at all. Just.. look behind you for a moment, would you?" :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

*looks at rant at bottom of site*

yeah, insects like ants are stubborn and stupid like that....

Quote from: RJ on December 13, 2006, 12:36:13 AM

Oh, and in other news, today is my dad's birthday :D Yayz

I wish you father a happy birthday, RJ.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 01:11:07 PM
`Cubi are not demons.

Fluffy begs to differ  >:3
Fluffy begs to amend:
Quote from: FluffyThe Cubi race seems to fall into a strange sideline between the Angel and the Demon race...so much that it is often a joke that the Cubi race was created because the Angel and Demon race got along "too" well.

And yet, as Sid pointed out in our wiki discussion of this, Dan says "Why, of course not.  I just LOVE the idea that I'm now destined to being a part of the demon race.."
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_307.php

It looks like 'demon' has a dual meaning as a catch-all term to cover demons, 'cubi and possibly angels too.

By the way, on a related note:
Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 05:38:44 AM
Possibly.  We don't know how Alexsi and her mother got along when they were together.  ``Time heals all wounds'' and all that.
Assuming you meant Alexsi's biological mother, she died before Alexsi got to know her: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_306.php

thetire

and yet, at the end of it all, Jy will end up in a mental institution...   :simon

Pentawolf

"Oh boy! a new Patient!" *laughs manicly*

"Aurissa! prepare the "guest" room!  And use the medium sized bear traps this time!!!"

*Aurissa grumbles*

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 02:54:49 PMIt looks like 'demon' has a dual meaning as a catch-all term to cover demons, 'cubi and possibly angels too.

Or...Dan is ranting and doesn't have the patience to make distinctions.  Like ``The daemon Sin'Vraal...''

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 02:54:49 PM
Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 05:38:44 AMPossibly.  We don't know how Alexsi and her mother got along when they were together.  ``Time heals all wounds'' and all that.
Assuming you meant Alexsi's biological mother, she died before Alexsi got to know her: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_306.php

:rolleyes s/mother/stepmother/

GabrielsThoughts

Jyrras: I can't tell you what I believe, but, I can tell you what I used to believe....It all started with these babies showing up everywhere and then I discovered I had feelings for someone...Insert Unholy Amber space ... and then I saw my unborn children in  Alexi's big green Eyes, I know it's impossible, but for some reason it was like she looked like Daniel for a moment. I think it means I want to have Alexi's babies. what do you think Doctor.

Dr. Ink: I'm sure I can arrange something that painful for you free of charge.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Stygian

*sees Jy's fearful expression*

Stygian: Ah, don't mind him. I'll be happy to pay you for arranging something that will help you... Now just come a little closer...! *evil tentacles!*

Anyhow... I'd be surprised if Jy actually goes around and falls for Lexi too... Though, seeing how the cute seems to be accumulated by him, he might just end up in love with everyone (horrid thought) and unable to control himself. Now that if anything should send him into madness and an institution. Or, he'll just cling to everyone like a little... *his knuckles creak* ...ah, I can't really go on speculating about the cute...

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 03:31:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 02:54:49 PMIt looks like 'demon' has a dual meaning as a catch-all term to cover demons, 'cubi and possibly angels too.

Or...Dan is ranting and doesn't have the patience to make distinctions.  Like ``The daemon Sin'Vraal...''
Yes, that's certainly a possibility.  The U6 reference is quite apropos - even if they knew the difference between a gargoyle and a daemon they wouldn't have cared since they were out to slay both, being if-it-moves-kill-it adventurers (whom I made a habit of slaying to protect S.V., but I digress).

Quote from: superluser on December 13, 2006, 05:38:44 AMPossibly.  We don't know how Alexsi and her mother got along when they were together.  ``Time heals all wounds'' and all that.

:rolleyes s/mother/stepmother/

Oh.  That's on Alexsi's cast page:
"Edward later remarried a succubus named Destania and unlike most tales of evil stepmothers, Alexsi and Destania got along smashingly well."

Stig Hemmer

I just had an evil thought...

When Dan gets his own looks back, he will seduce Jyrras to save him from Abel. :mwaha
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

e_voyager

ahh you got to it before me and not i can't help but wonder how Wildly would react to that. i still remember. bad prisoner not girl for you. * whip crack*
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2006, 05:01:13 PMOh.  That's on Alexsi's cast page:
"Edward later remarried a succubus named Destania and unlike most tales of evil stepmothers, Alexsi and Destania got along smashingly well."

Well, you win some, you lose some.

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with spoilers, and since the cast page may contain spoilers, I haven't been reading it too closely.

Anri

Abelitz walks back in to hear that, "What, it wasn't that big a fire."

Zedd

LigerJet

Jyrras+Abel=OMGHOTGAYCUTENESS.  ....*ahemkoffkoff* Errr...yeah.  People seem to be implying that Dan doesn't want Jyrras to fall for Abel because he's a cubi.  ...what about the simpler explanation that he's just an annoying bastard?  :mowtongue

Supercheese

Dan? An annoying bastard? Nevar!  :U

Azlan

Seems everyone falls for Abel...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on December 14, 2006, 01:29:42 AM

Even you...But I cant speak...I love the mook anyhow :3

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: LigerJet on December 14, 2006, 01:12:47 AM
Jyrras+Abel=OMGHOTGAYCUTENESS.  ....*ahemkoffkoff* Errr...yeah.  People seem to be implying that Dan doesn't want Jyrras to fall for Abel because he's a cubi.  ...what about the simpler explanation that he's just an annoying bastard?  :mowtongue

Dan's probaby still wrestling with his anti-cubi issues, 'tis true, but, you know, Abel's 300-frickin-years older than Jyrras, and Dan... honestly doesn't know Abel as well as Jyrras does, which is all KINDS of fascinating.  Dan has seen Abel only as kind of a jerk, and a potential threat.  Jyrras has peeled away the layers and seen that Abel is just a cute cuddly angstyboi trying to keep everyone away by being snippy and rude.

*wipes drool*

What?

Demont

Prof B Hunnydew

I could really easy.... But what about Lorenda?   Doesn't she need love?  OH BOY That would be good, JyJy goes home to Lorenda and she done something really special for him.  She tell him she figure out what he was going to tell her when his sisters last visited.  And Jyrras's feelings will be in a really knot.

:mowdizzy
PBH

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on December 14, 2006, 06:00:46 AM

I could really easy.... But what about Lorenda?   Doesn't she need love? 

Quoted for Truth.

ShiningShadow

This will be interesting if Lorenda did something very special for Jy-Jy knowing the feelings he has for her as per conversation when the three sisters where there. Then telling Danlexsi he has feelings or Abel oh jeez I'm so confused  :mowdizzy. This will come out as love triangle with a bit of passion in the mix who knows what more weirdness happens at DMFA.

Madmann135

Jy-Jy is a pretty strong charactor once you get past his timidness and fear.  I mean he lives with a cow who has the capability to eat him alive, his best friend is a incubus, he's friends with a Fae, able to deal with a psychotic ferret, able to keep his sanity in an insane world.

With all those factors one could easily consider Jyrras a strong charactor with a powerful yet unusual sense of self preservation.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Stygian

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 14, 2006, 02:17:19 PM
Jy-Jy is a pretty strong charactor once you get past his timidness and fear.  I mean he lives with a cow who has the capability to eat him alive, his best friend is a incubus, he's friends with a Fae, able to deal with a psychotic ferret, able to keep his sanity in an insane world.

With all those factors one could easily consider Jyrras a strong charactor with a powerful yet unusual sense of self preservation.

...or he's just gotten used to a strange and horrid fate. Hey, he might be masochistic too.

Ain't that true... Am I the only one who wants to tie him to a wall and do horrible things to him now and then?

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 14, 2006, 02:17:19 PMJy-Jy is a pretty strong charactor once you get past his timidness and fear.  I mean he lives with a cow who has the capability to eat him alive, his best friend is a incubus, he's friends with a Fae, able to deal with a psychotic ferret, able to keep his sanity in an insane world.

I suspect that Jyrras is more oblivious than anything.  And anyways, that's less of a proof that he's strong than that he's a very compassionate character.