2006/12/11 Guess he didn't need mind-reading...

Started by superluser, December 10, 2006, 10:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

I just hope the news of Jyrass' crush on him doesn't cause Dan to MagiBreak (in other words, the transformation spell shatters or stops working).
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Manawolf

Elader Arkon

O.o This is really going to be awkward.

But soooooo funny!

Go Amber!

rt

Also alternating with the Utoh-bwhahaha-oh no! emotions here
Jyrras has so mind to talk about right now .. this could be about many things .. or multiple things .. so much trouble to possibly follow

superluser

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 10, 2006, 11:16:17 PMI just hope the news of Jyrass' crush on him doesn't cause Dan to MagiBreak (in other words, the transformation spell shatters or stops working).

Hmmm...

I don't think that happens.  It would be a really cool escape clause, though.

You get kidnapped by a band of `cubi.  They disguise you as a chest or something, and when the rescuers come, one of them yells out ``I've always loved you!''  And your location is presently revealed.

It's probably not likely that this is the Achilles' heel of the type of transformation magic that you cast on others.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Hilary

:ape

Amber, you're my hero.

I predict that Amber will let this conversation play out. Things between Dan and Jyrras need to be resolved at some point... for Jyrras' sake, at least. Poor guy. :lol

Zorro

Sorry but Dan will handle this revelation OK.

He has survived 20 years of being an Adventurer for a reason.

His survival instincts WILL kick in when it matters.

He will hear the truth and then execute an exit strategy.

Only problem is that exit might be bad in the long run.

That is the problem with survival reflexes, save you for a day and curse you for 10 years.

e_voyager

as a fellow survivor i can empathise with that. ever with multiples lives i discovered that a well placed dodge is better for the mental health then returning to life after a stupid mistake.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: Zorro on December 10, 2006, 11:29:58 PMSorry but Dan will handle this revelation OK.

He has survived 20 years of being an Adventurer for a reason.

His survival instincts WILL kick in when it matters.

I don't think that this will be survival instincts.  I think he's just emotionally stable enough to handle this.  I've had a member of the inappropriate sex try to pick me up before.  I found it flattering, and my brain did not snap.

If Jyrras had told Dan a while back, I don't think that Dan would have had any issue.  Just the normal ``That's sweet, but I like you as a friend, and not in that way'' type of talk.

Quote from: Zorro on December 10, 2006, 11:29:58 PMThat is the problem with survival reflexes, save you for a day and curse you for 10 years.

One good thing about ten year curses is that they guarantee that you will live for ten more years.

Oh, and...

Quote from: rt on December 10, 2006, 11:21:55 PMthis could be about many things .. or multiple things .. so much trouble to possibly follow

How does that explain the alterna-title: Talking about one behind their front.

e_voyager

it probably will start with him trying to tell Lorenda then going on to ask how he can tell Dan how he feels with out a second total face plant like when he found out his sister's were there listening.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

janusmaxwell

Distracting

Honestly, I'm hoping for a "Don't tell Dan, but I accidentally 'borrowed' some (read: all) of Dan's swords to make a robotic adventurer. It didn't work well and I need to find some replacements until I can find the robot." type conversation. I don't expect it, but I hope for it.

If Jyrras breaks it to Dan, then I think Dan will be too confused to worry about it too much right away.

GabrielsThoughts

Watch Amber is going to trick us by making us think Jyrras is going to talk about his feelings for Dan, but in a surprise trist it will be about his recently aqiured taste for blood...or brains.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

DigitalMan

Teroniss

Even if Jy-jy is there to confess his emotions about Dan, the spell over Dan wouldnt break from Dan's shock, because Abel is the one who cast it.

Manawolf

Come on people, the only chance of the spell ending is if the spell duration ran out.

Distracting

Yeah, that or if the group from earlier does something about it. Magic is the cool kid you see on the playground not caring while the school and several surrounding houses randomly burst into flames. Only his parents can knock him out of that.

superluser

I'm just noticing the poses that Danlexsi is using are definitely not Dan poses.  I also do not remember seeing these poses being used by Alexsi.  Does anyone have reference for Alexsi dangling one finger off the counter, or covering up a smile?

At any rate, these are cool poses, and I'm really liking them.  I'd really, really like to see more.

e_voyager

i think that , that is just Dan being a board feline. he wants this over already.

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 11, 2006, 01:12:45 AMi think that , that is just Dan being a board feline. he wants this over already.

Not the bored pose in panel one, the kinda open-for-conversation pose in panel 2.  Anyways, it's just that I haven't seen it done by either of the Ti'Fiona kids before.

e_voyager

i've seen simlar poses like IN that technology comic when Dan was drunk and talking to the robot but i need to scan the archived to see if there and any concert examples.

thegayhare

this could go so many waysI think he's going to spill the beans about everything, About his feelings for lorenda, Dan, and able (the last bit just as "Merlitz" walks into the bar) in hopes of getting advices from the only person at LL whos apperently in a succsesful romantic relationship

Artanis

Quote from: superluser on December 10, 2006, 11:43:14 PM
Quote from: Zorro on December 10, 2006, 11:29:58 PMThat is the problem with survival reflexes, save you for a day and curse you for 10 years.
One good thing about ten year curses is that they guarantee that you will live for ten more years.
Not necessarily...
Curses with durations of 10 years don't say you'll live for 10 years. Just that they last 10 years.

For example, Curse of Doom is a 60 second duration curse. It doesn't guarantee you'll live 60 seconds, it says if you're still alive at 60 seconds it hits you for 3200. (world of warcraft, warlock.)

Kaerou

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

e_voyager

regardless of how Dan deals with it the fact that Jyrass  wants to talk to some one about it proves that he wants to deal with it. he want it settled on way or the others though i think the ACE guest strip struck a cord in a lot of readers.

Izkata

Haha.... Been awhile since I said something aloud while reading DMFA....

And my roommate's trying to get sleep before finals start tomorrow (as I should be)

I am of the opinion that Dan will not understand what Jyrras is trying to say....  Or, yeah, Abel will run in and stop him at the last moment - not because he cares, mind you.... *wink wink*

secondwolf

Jyrras will probably reveal his feelings on a variety of subjects, find out that its Dan from Abel coming in, then turn to the dark side and begin a reign of terror over Lost Lake that the entire group must defeat. Then when finally defeated Jyrras can blame it all on Wildy's book :D

King Of Hearts

Im hoping for a "Lets keep it friends" resolution, because I just like Jy with Lorenda very much.