9/12/06 - Take out the trash!

Started by Gabi, December 08, 2006, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Or a furry loincloth.

But mana! I thought you hated man-nips! D:

Manawolf

Well, when you have fur, they should aleady be covered.  Until then, maybe some sort of lether strap thing.  I'm still working out what my half-giant is going to wear before he goes werepanther.  When you have that much chest and muscle, it gets tricky trying to cover it all.

Edit: plus you'll need some protective armor.  A bare chest just makes it a bullseye.

I also see a real man as someone who slays enemy hordes along with anything that gets in his way, so he can really wear whatever he likes cause he doesn't take **** from anyone.  He will need a cup and steel toed boots, to protect those "tender" areas.

Zina

Then that hardly is nothing. D:

Man, real men. Way to be pussies. :<

Manawolf

Well then what do real women wear?

Drake Manaweilder

sorry ignore me

Zina

Real clothes. :3

I am proud that I resisted making a cheap shot. Pat on the back for me. *patpat*

Manawolf

A man needs nothing more than what he is comfortable wearing.  In fact that half-giant is going to need a new pair of pants after the transformation.

I stick to boxers.  They help to breath while laying about the house.

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on December 10, 2006, 03:52:53 PM
A man needs nothing more than what he is comfortable wearing. 

And if that includes exposing a mans nipples? :o

Manawolf

I don't know, maybe that nipple clamp of pain or something.

Amber Williams

Do what the comics do and put an X of tape across em. :B

Putting only comfy and usefulness over aesthetics works well if you are a hermit...but if you are in a social environment, odds are your outfits will conform slightly to the demands of those around you.  Which is why fashion exists in the first place.

A real man or woman knows how to wear an outfit that can manage both aspects of usefulness and aesthetic.

Manawolf

Crazy time over, the funniness will end here...for now.

janusmaxwell

Finally! I was waiting for mod approval for days...

I can't believe she killed off Xander.... :tired

but For the real reason I wanted to post about this comic. 

THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL GETTING OWNED!!! :megagroove

Zedd

:shifty  Zina kinks to Peter Griffin.... ;)

Zina

Manawolf

Peter: "Hey, hey everybody!  Look what Chris' father Peter Griffin is doing!"

::Licks own nipple::

Zedd

Gross....Anyhow I was just messin with you Zina...

Netami

That would suck if they had any hostages/food. Blue balls just decided to ruin everyone's crap in that room.

Stygian

...and we're all just confused as to what we're actually talking about anymore.

Now, why Mana has anything to say about what manly men wear, I don't know. Nor do I know why or completely believe that Zina licks Peter Griffin. All I know for sure, is that it's true that real men don't really care, or have to care what we're wearing. Interpret that as you wish. But it doesn't mean you can't have a sense of style as a man though. That's not what I'm saying.

...and goodness gracious, blue balls of ice!

Manawolf

"...I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"

But yeah, men do tend not to care what you think, that's why we'll go aroudn wearing shirts with stains and holes in them.  Most men work with a more logical way of thinking (or at least less emotional), doing things only if they know it will provide some benefit to them ("Oh, it's cold, I better put on a sweatshirt." ::grabs random one from closet::).  The idea of fashion is more deeply rooted with women, which is why they're willing to spend so much on clothes and jewelry (though it seems like everything we wear costs too much these days).

e_voyager

you all lost me on the last page. still mama commit reminds me of that girls team in the dental floss and postage stamp outfields. the badger girl really seemed to enjoy the ideal.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 10, 2006, 07:49:46 PMyou all lost me on the last page. still mama commit reminds me of that girls team in the dental floss and postage stamp outfields. the badger girl really seemed to enjoy the ideal.

Goo goo goo joob!

OK.  I get the point.  Let's get back on topic.

Following up on Stygian's quote, does the watchtower look like Brutalist architecture to anyone else?  That's kinda out of place for this era, and the low-cost, utilitarian feel doesn't exactly fit with the fantasy setting.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

e_voyager

Economises are necessary even in fantasy as every thing has some cost with or without money. Not even all the power of the universe is unlimited take it form a twink that would know.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 10, 2006, 09:55:16 PMEconomises are necessary even in fantasy as every thing has some cost with or without money. Not even all the power of the universe is unlimited take it form a twink that would know.

The problem with that is that the economics only work with mass production and assembly lines and cheap transportation.

It's far cheaper to make an outpost with irregular logs and stones and such.

Unless you have a giant factory where you can process hundreds of trees per day, turning them into presorted beams and oriented strand board in useful sizes for preordained applications.  And then only if you have the means of transporting them cheaply from the forest to wherever you need them.

Manawolf

Then again, you get a good spellcaster to build the whole place for you.  Then again he'd probably cost as much if not more than a contractor.  Spellcasters think they're so high and mighty with their spells that warp the very fabric of reality.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on December 10, 2006, 11:40:19 PMThen again, you get a good spellcaster to build the whole place for you.

True.

Quote from: Manawolf on December 10, 2006, 11:40:19 PMThen again he'd probably cost as much if not more than a contractor.  Spellcasters think they're so high and mighty with their spells that warp the very fabric of reality.

One of the benefits of being a feudal lord is that you can get labor for practically nothing.  And also, you have virtually limitless resources.  So, given that and the gratuitous economics lecture, I declare that Amber is right and has created a wonderful feature of Furrae, and everything else based off of Die Nibelungen is wrong!

Go Amber!

e_voyager

Indeed that was something to take into account. so maybe it was built manually and all by royal labor but still. you have to wonder how much has changed in a few hundred years.

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 11, 2006, 12:04:48 AMIndeed that was something to take into account. so maybe it was built manually and all by royal labor but still. you have to wonder how much has changed in a few hundred years.

Well, with the end of manorialism, wizard serfs could be employed anywhere.

Taross

Quote from: Zorro on December 08, 2006, 09:13:57 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on December 08, 2006, 09:13:28 PM
Crushed ice, or crushing ice?

Looks like Crystals.

Today we have substituted the Ice Blast for Folgers Crystals... Lets see if anybody notices...

Zedd

Quote from: Taross on December 11, 2006, 02:14:59 AM
Quote from: Zorro on December 08, 2006, 09:13:57 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on December 08, 2006, 09:13:28 PM
Crushed ice, or crushing ice?

Looks like Crystals.

Today we have substituted the Ice Blast for Folgers Crystals... Lets see if anybody notices...

The best part of wakeing up...Is satan in your cup :3

e_voyager

how many time to i have to tell you i'm not collecting souls? i don't want them not leave before i put another geis on your  home! no were did my tea get warped to?  with out a cup of mint and wolfs bane i'm likely to be irritable