12-7-06 Xander! Nooo!

Started by Akisohida, December 06, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

I keep picturing Devin running over to Xander, fireballs exploding all around him but he just doesn't notice , kneeling next to Xander and just hugging him close, crying as glory and the others fight off the enemy.  Babbling all the while,  "You'll be okay,  we'll get you to the docs and you'll be right as rain, then you and me we can take that trip you wanted,  It'll be like old times just you and me"

xHaZxMaTx

Hey, there's no more blood on the wagon, anymore. :P

DigitalMan

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 06, 2006, 10:34:35 PM
*does Vader voice*

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Beat me to it...

Well, crap. I was so certain Devin wouldn't die here, but with Xander perhaps dead, it's perfectly plausible for Devin to share the same fate.

Manawolf

Toric

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 06, 2006, 10:17:18 PM
I was wondering whether "Night Angels" could have been a term used to refer to cubi..
Why can't Night Angels just be Angels? As in a particular variety of Angels with a sadistic streak and love of starlight?
Yap by Silver.

superluser

Quote from: DigitalMan on December 06, 2006, 10:50:57 PMWell, crap. I was so certain Devin wouldn't die here, but with Xander perhaps dead, it's perfectly plausible for Devin to share the same fate.

I don't think so.  I think either Xander's the only one to die, or everyone but Abel dies.  Looking back on it, Xander wasn't given much of a personality, and there wasn't much more that Amber could have done, short of putting him in a red shirt to indicate that if anyone were to die, it would be him.

There are still unresolved issues with Devin (why did his mother disown him, for example) that are presumably going to be wrapped up in the arc at some point.

Quote from: Toric on December 06, 2006, 11:05:16 PMWhy can't Night Angels just be Angels? As in a particular variety of Angels with a sadistic streak and love of starlight?

Just don't ask them to provide security if you ever perform at Altamont?

Oh, and DO NOT WANT! :B

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Regal

This is terrible. A feather up the nose is nothing to sneeze at.

e_voyager

we must plea toe the deities that the be but a flesh wound. then perhaps he shall live on.

Easeful the Forrest were we grow an decay no longer.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Like his, a mute and uncomplaining sleep;
For he is gone, where all things wise and fair
Descend;—oh, dream not that the amorous Deep
Will yet restore him to the vital air;
Death feeds on his mute voice, and laughs at our despair.

Poor kid. :<

LionHeart

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 06, 2006, 10:17:18 PM
Is Abel having a headache? He has his hands on his head.. (and I don't think it would be a bad guess that there's likely a lot of confusion going on, and especially from Devin..)

I'd think Devin would be feeling more shock than confusion...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

King Of Hearts

Dont worry! Its just a flesh wound!

Personally Im enjoying this turn of events, as once already said quite a contrast from the main comic.

Elader Arkon

Poor Xander.

I suppose this might be incentive to do some serious fighting.

Speaking of which, what are Glory's doing? I think I see part of another shield in there, but being on the defensive doesn't get very far....

Aridas

Actually, I just thought of something. Glory was there, and saw the three of them the whole time. How come the person WATCHING those three hadn't noticed Xander slipping away figuratively and literally?

xHaZxMaTx

Because she had big flaming balls being shot at her. :B

King Of Hearts

hmm... a creature using fire arrows...

non magical?

superluser

Mother, all this indeed hath Jove fulfill'd;
Yet what avails it, since my dearest friend
Is slain, Patroclus? whom I honour'd most
Of all my comrades, lov'd him as my soul.
Him have I lost: and Hector from his corpse
Hath stripp'd those arms, those weighty, beauteous arms,
A marvel to behold

I wonder how close Devin and Xander were.  It will be quite difficult for him to mourn properly for a while, which could bode very poorly for his mental health.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jack McSlay

wow that sucks for devin...

I think there is likely another enemy in there, he would likely be burned instead had he been hit by the fireballs
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

King Of Hearts

hmm... Abel getting mistaken for the creature again?

ack, I promised myself I wouldnt speculate so much now.

Siren

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *sob* :cry :cry :cry
'A' WHY GOD? WHYYYYYY!!

Sorry..... but it's really sad. I'm still hoping he's not really dead. He's such a nice guy.

On a lighter note, very good eye AndersW. I wonder what that mark is.....

Arcalane

Sid

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT XANDER! 'A' WHY HIM?
:boogie

Tapewolf

Oh dear.  That certainly sucks if he's dead.  If so, it makes the dalmatian character in SAIA even more mysterious.

Now, Abel has done magic courses - one would assume he has been taught some degree of healing magic.  If Xander is not already dead, it could be interesting to see what he's capable of.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

*bottom lip quivers as she pouts*

Bu-but... Xander was awesome... ;_;

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 07, 2006, 01:03:26 AM
Dont worry! Its just a flesh wound!

.. Come back! I'll bite your legs off!

*cough*

Hey, Xander - Jump, Gipsy! Press A! Press A!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Joshua

I liked Xander too. ;_;
That totally blows. >p
Hopeful thinking... maybe he's just injured or and Glory can heal him.

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Oh come now.  Even if he is dead, it doesn't matter.  That was almost 400 years ago.  If Xander was just a being, he'd be long dead by the current DMFA year anyway!  No matter what, in the Abel's Story arc he will eventually die!  And so will everyone else who isn't a creature!  They'll all die!  Ha ha ha ha ha!!  Die beings!  Die die die!   >:3

*Charles erfs*  Charline isn't the most compassionate sort of person, in case you hadn't noticed.  I'm used to characters dying off suddenly, so my main interest is how this is going to affect the others in the group and if it will lead eventually to Abel's 'cubification' manifestation tribulation.  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alan Garou

Poor Xander. He was too nice to die like that. I think Devin is going to need a hug.  :hug And, after reading this, so do I.

Angel

(shocked) Meh. Buh. Xa. Seh.

....How?

He didn't appear in the last two comics, so it's possible he may have been dead for a while. Come to think of it, when Glory asked whether Devin had noticed the state of his "third party member," could she have meant Xander? After all, Abel was standing right next to him.

Now that the little bit of analysis is out of the way... (mourns)  :cry
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

VioletDusk