11/24/06 - Abel doesn't get out much...

Started by Grenn, November 23, 2006, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Quote from: superluser on November 24, 2006, 09:15:29 AM
...And so the truth comes out.  Abel is the offspring of Stan Laurel and Woody Allen.

``Don't you know anything?  Incubi can't be killed.  It's not polite.  You can't stab me, I'm allergic to steel!  Don't believe that one either?  We give off noxious fumes when we die...''

Good thing I always wear this envirosuit that filters out all harmful gas! :B

~~

starcat;

Grave and terrible things would happen to whoever made such a character.

Aridas

Quote from: starcat5 on November 24, 2006, 12:57:24 PM
All this "Cubi or Being" talk makes me curious. What would happen if one were to cross a Cubi and another Creature? Would a resulting Cubi from such a pairing lack the powers/abilities that his/her non-Cubi siblings might have?
going by the assumption that the "one or the other" thing applies there too, it would probably either be one creature or the other just as much as a creature/being couple would produce either a creature or a being.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 24, 2006, 01:06:39 PM
Quote from: starcat5 on November 24, 2006, 12:57:24 PM
All this "Cubi or Being" talk makes me curious. What would happen if one were to cross a Cubi and another Creature? Would a resulting Cubi from such a pairing lack the powers/abilities that his/her non-Cubi siblings might have?
going by the assumption that the "one or the other" thing applies there too, it would probably either be one creature or the other just as much as a creature/being couple would produce either a creature or a being.

I raised that point a while back, my idea was a cubi/were hybrid idea, in this occasion my idea/character is massively powerful but magical unstable. He is also partially psychotic but thats another story. Part of the point of this character is that he shouldn't exist,for several reasons but I'll only go into those if anyones interested.

There are cubi/mythos hybrids in SAIA so why not others?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Aleolus

Well, wasn't it already fairly obvious that Able didn't get out much?  I could tell that not long after we first met him!

Amber Williams

By general law I tend to avoid situations where races or halfbreeds "Should not exist but do thus it makes them amazingly unique and super-special :B"   Because I personally feel thats a copout.

A lot of races simply can't crossbreed.  Insectis and Mer for example are just too different from other races for it to work.   Undead dont really have reproduction anymore by the standard term.  Fae and Fire-Pheonix both have a system that doesn't allow for interbreeding with other races.  For one reason or another, it simply doesnt fly.  There are no exceptions, unless you count fan-characters but then they are considered noncanon to me.

Most other races can crossbreed but may not due to social reasons.  As such, cases can exist where an uncommon pairing has happened...but it isnt due to physical/magical setbacks but just political/social reasons.  Were, Demon, Cubi, Angel, Mythos(well...most mythos) Gryphon(2 legged kind), Dragon, and Being all have enough in common that they can intermix.  There usually is enough in common also so that there aren't massively negative side effects.  A Were/Mythos will likely resemble a Mythos traits but have some Were abilities...though not to the grand effect of a Were/Being offspring.

The only main exception would be Cubi, where you are either going to have the traits or not.  Even if you are a Cubi/Demon...odds are you still will have the magical disposition and physical traits of both...you just wont get the emotion stuff and wacky-wings.

A key thing to remember is that most of these races have been around a loooong time. Odds are if anything wacky and unique crops up, it has in fact been seen hundreds of time before.

MT Hazard

Looks like that idea is to be confined to my imagination, thats probably for the best. Maybe he'll be let out for good behaviour. I am begging to wonder why most of my character creations are a little..mad. Theres a good variety of them, the one I mentioned is the only furry one.

Any writers out there would could give me any advice of character creation and other stuff ? (iv been trying to write a book for a while now)

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Grenn

Well, I suppose we can't fault Abel for not leaving. I mean look at this. He's been out about a week?

And already a party comes by looking for Cubi :)

Manawolf

Oh, the crossbreeding.  I think I'm one of the worst culprits.  Nearly every main character in my novel is a half-breed (from half-elf to gargoyle/harpy to mermaid/alien).

Zedd

My former crush was an ailen/bunny  :erk ...And not Tim...

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 24, 2006, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on November 24, 2006, 11:57:03 AM
Don't be silly. Everyone knows that Amber hasn't planned any of this out at all, and is making it up as she goes. She's just laughing at us as we try to figure out her (nonexistant) plot for the story. ~_^

I'll shank you boy! :U

You get a cookie for that. :mowcookie

...I'm still laughing.

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 24, 2006, 12:24:02 PMOn another note, I have a feeling that Abel had some sort of conflict with Destiana a la Calvin and Hobbes' "Noodle Incident," and that we'll soon witness the aftermath.

Well, we never did find out what the noodle incident was.  That was the point.  Next thing you know, we'll be finding out who was Number 1.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charline sighs*  And all I do is produce more half-breeds every nine months...

*Charles*   :erk

*Charline sighs*  And now I've got another one... mrrr... and least the horsey was cute.

*Charles*   :erk

*Charline sighs*  And as with all my previous offspring, I suppose I'll have to eat this one.   :bat

*Charles*   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

KarlOmega1

always the one to recycle, aren't you, Charline?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Manawolf

Quite the little baby factory, it seems.  They not invent birth control in Furrae yet?

Wanderer

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 24, 2006, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on November 24, 2006, 11:57:03 AM
Don't be silly. Everyone knows that Amber hasn't planned any of this out at all, and is making it up as she goes. She's just laughing at us as we try to figure out her (nonexistant) plot for the story. ~_^

I'll shank you boy! :U
Don't do that. It makes a mess.

Damaris

Yeah, but blood is easy to wash off forums.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

Does you want a cookie and moist toweltte with that Damaris

Tiger_T

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 24, 2006, 05:59:04 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 24, 2006, 04:55:23 AM
my guess is that he lost both parents to Beings. 

Hasn't it been established both his parents were beings ?

If so he has no good reason to fear returning to a life among being, all his friends and family are dead and he will outlive many people he meets, think of his reaction when Jy-jy suggests he's not such a bad guy, he huddled in a corner. Its like Dan comment about outliving his friends. The other comment that comes to mind is 'everytime I get close to someone they die.'
Besides the facts mentioned aboth...
What speaks against beings killing beings (just physically, never mind the morals)? >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK