Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuggles

Crystal moves over with a foaming drink and sitting down with them. "Hi. I am Crystal." He takes a little drink from the foaming and now fog like glass. "mmmmm... I haven't had this drink in a long time. I have to say, one of the best drinking in all of the worlds i have been too."

e_voyager

Epsilon lands and shanks his head. he was used to being addressed as E and accepted the name as readily and any other. " no i am fine" he say and he body reverting to  flesh and blood his crystal focus reappears in his hand. he wonders what would he have done had he been alone fainting spring? he would have been responsible for another disaster like Prague and that was not something he wanted on his conscious. perhaps he'd bed go back.

'No not yet' said the voice that had first awakened him.
"why not? aren't you a one  army shoulder?' he asked a little angry.
'yet but your raw power is grater then my friends and you can fly faster then i can should space travel be needed you are ready. that radiation would not have hurt you much even if you hand not used the voltekker on it.' the voice explained
'get it' ring it's voltekka not voltekker. voltekker was pulseman's ability.'
' you may be right but tell me will you stay? they really need the abilities you posses."
that seems doubtful.'
trust me you can and will be a bide help. if nothing else you opened him up to attack and distracted him so that Umal could get in clot and capture him.
" fine i'll stay for a bit longer but i don't like it."
"We really do"
and then the voice was gone again and epsilon was alone with his companions on a quest he barely understood for a friend he could only remember from shared memories
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Catffeinated

Apparently, Omega caught a small portion of the conversation as Umal started to feel around in his q-cube for a gravity lift, "You hear that?" Omega asked, startled.
"Hmm? Hear what?"
"Like another person, but I can't place my finger on where it's coming from."
"One, you don't have fingers, two, are you sure your on the right frequency? You've messed up before like that you know."
"Hmm... Oh my, your right, a little too high... sorry." Omega said, embaresed
"Meh, happed before, it'll happen again." He said shrugging, "Ah here's some gravity pads!" He smiled, pulling out six little cicular pads. He put them around Spring's frozen self, "Well, I'm off."
"You don't know where your going!"
"Oh, Omega, could you download a map from one of the other robots?"
"Sure... done."
"Ok, now I'm off. See you soon." Umal said, waving goodbye while pushing Spring.
"The canisters..."
"I knew that!" He ran back, got the canisters, and went off again.

Kitsune Ascendant

(short update to get things flowing again for now.)
[after about two hours, nim returned. He seemed a bit tired and unfocused]
<Well... I found something, alright. I haven't done magic like that since the zun-kami wars. Anyways, we probably need to head out soon, so everyone grab what you're taking. I'm bringing some unmanned starfighters, and a special starfighter for me to pilot for the initial strike. We've also got some mechs that'll be hitting the ground side hard. Fafnirs, Daishi, Various gundam and zoid models...Where the hell did DM wander off to?>

---
Garric (Adressing crystal): yeah, this place does keep some interesting drinks in stock. *turns to the others* Anyways, the crew's almost finished preparing my ship. In case we run into the scum of space I need to know which of you can man the guns.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Catffeinated

Umal was back in a few minutes.

"Umm... Ya, that might be a problem..." Umal announced at the mention of mechs, "My lab is, at least, two hundred stories underground... Getting a mech in there, even with a portal, would be hard." Umal shrugged, "And it's sheilded against most attacks, so it can only be hit by graviton bombs or sysmic waves." Suddenly, an idea struck, "Omega, does Operation: Ultamatum still work?"
"It should."
"Good. I've got a bomb on the negitive one thousandth floor, it's name is Ultamatum. It was designed to be a back-up plan, in case the lab got taken over. It was designed to 'erase' minds, basicly like how a magnet erases a hard drive. But it's been ooc ever since it's design, I'm not sure we can trust it..." Umal explained

Kitsune Ascendant

nim: <Alright then, change of plans. We're going for an infiltration strike. I'll have the mechs and starfighters create a diversion. Meanwhile, we'll sneak in, try to get to this bomb before they notice us. Alright. Everyone get stealth suits. Epsilon, how well can you conceal your energy signature?>
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

e_voyager

Epsilon smiles. "while i'm flesh and blood only someones searching actively should be able to find even a trace of my energy signature." he held up his crystal focus. " this is most likely the only thing i need to shield and so long as i'm not using it it probably reads as run of the mil crystal"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Snuggles

Crystal looks up from his drink. "I could... I might be a little rusty but i still could." He goes back to his drink again.

Kitsune Ascendant

(sorry I disappeared for a while there, guys. Now... where were we)

Garrick: I just got a call. My ship's ready to go.
[within ten minutes, Mina, Crystal, Tophar, and garrick are aboard the correlian freighter and on their way to the planet where the gate of water lies]

---[meanwhile]
Nim: <alright. Before we leave, I'm going to have this guy go over the weapons your suits come with>

General: Since this is an infiltration mission, I equiped the suits mostly with small arms. *pulls out a handgun from the left hip holster* this handgun is based on the scorpion 12. It uses a magnetic coil to fire armor piercing titanium slugs. You'll find in your lower right vest pockets two additional charge cells, which are attached like...so. replace at 5% charge. Ammo clips are in the upper right pocket. Try to use this for as many situations as you can. It's the most silent and reliable.

In the tube-shaped right hand holster you will find your laser knife. Let me warn you that this is NOT a miniature lightsaber. While it will cut through most things, it will take some effort for anything stronger than steel.

Your left upper pockets have orion class omni-grenades. press the button to expand. This button will arm it for a flashbang effect, while this one will give it only the flash.  the button on the side here will make it act like a smokebomb, and the button opposite of that will create a silent fragmentation blast. All of the above have a delay factor of exactly 3 seconds. You can also set a variable rate plasma charge by pressing this button to activate. Once activated, a keypad will materialize for you to enter the countdown and blast direction. After that, it will attach itself to the next surface you put this side against and arm. you each have 15 of these.

Finally, There's the ronin class photon acceleration rifle. purely an energy weapon, it runs on two larger energy cells, replacements for which can be found in the left lower pocket. It will fire a stream of raw energy, which will tear through just about anything, but be warned that 1: it has one hell of a kickback, and 2: it is LOUD. Don't let this bar get over 70 or it might overheat.

Now, your packs.
*opens one up*
Inside, you have an aditional 50 omni-grenades, 10 small charge cells, 8 large charge cells, a RC ground scouter, a similar air scouter, and a handheld hacking computer with a changeling port that will quickly addapt to any system.

Your helmets contain a HUD which is linked to your weapons, giving readouts for the one currently in use. The rest of the goggles are used for the wide-wavelength camera. It can overlay a second scan of any range from infrared to ultraviolet. em signitures. All of these functions are controlled by thought, so "tune" yours before you head out.

Nim, I believe you are familiar with the Jagar-class mech you'll be piloting? Roughly human in appearance and size and the arm cannon fires most of the same weapon types your companions have?

Nim: <of course.>

General: well, that's all. Good luck, and try not to pull a james bond with this stuff.

Catffeinated

Umal just smiles "I like you and your friends already..."
"A question, General. Is it possible to attach other devices to the energy cells? That could double Ultimatum's effect range. Also, How many gravity weapons do you have?" Omega asked as Umal's smile turned into a grin, "Using that as well?" he laughed, "Talk about overkill."
"Umal," She sighed, "Spring has already lowered Earth's population to %14... It's time to switch Ultimatum... into Armagedon 2.0"
"Shit, hold on guys." Umal sighed, zoning out.
<Omega 5.201>
   <Status: Optimal>
   <Operation?>

<Operation: Space of Time>
   <Error.>
   <Operation: Snake of Infinity>
  <Shutting down program. Bye!>
"Omega can't come," Umal announced after a second of vacantness, "She's been corrupted." His eye slowly turning red.
"But I can still play!" Mars announced joyfully.

Kitsune Ascendant

General: I'll have one of the bots fetch an addapting device. Here, use this pad to select the type of connection and the draw needed.

Nim: <alright. Ready yourselves, as soon as that adaptor comes, we're moving out. Umal, I'm giving you and mars control of the portal's endpoint so you can drop us at the best spot. You'll be in charge after that.>

topher chee

Topher looked around the ship with awe.  Perplexed by the fighters appearance he had a wide smile of gratitude toward the man he had met in the tavern.  "Lets get this baby fired up!"  he exclaimed.

Snuggles

Crystal, a little drunk, walks into the ship. "Yeah... but i have seen bigger. *hic* No offense. *hic*

e_voyager

Epsilon listened intently to the briefing and familiarised himself with the tech as looked throng the bag. he could almost here the other  one inside saying how there own systems were the most reliable then could have but he knew it was his imaginations. the tech here was good. until he sat them fired he could not tell how good but he doubted that any of them were voltekka strong. still he did not want to carry all of this only to have it lost should a real battle ensure.

"Excuse me Nim i believe it was?" asked epsilon. " i can see you have some good tech but if it's okay with you i've just like this gun and a few fuel cells" he reconsidered. as he spoke. " and make ten generates. the helmet would be a problem and most of this tech would be lost should i have to tech set"

Kitsune Ascendant

nim: <alright, E, just give the stuff you don't need to the general and he'll get it all put back. Speaking of which, the adapter's here Umal. We're heading out.>

*opens the portal, keying it in to umal's world*

---meanwhile

Garrick: everyone strap in. Takeoff's usually a bit bumpy. You want to be copilot, mina?
mina (broadcasting): <I would, but I left my robotic limb augments back home>
Garrick: yub yub.

*within a few minutes, the ship had left the atmosphere, and was preparing to enter hyper-warp*

e_voyager

Epsilon having followed Nim's directive had decided too keep a total of 15 grenades and 8 replacement fuel cells  for the hand gun and two more  for the large rifle style gun which he had holstered on his back. he felt a little uneasy as the ship began to whine it's generations powering up he could tell it was about to make some kind of powered dash.

Snuggles

Crystal was a little takin back by the sudden shift in speed... while he was drunk... but was able to catch himself before he hit something. "Next time... *hic*... *hic* never mind." Starting to go back to his seat before the jump and gets straped in but does a horrible job doing do.

Kitsune Ascendant

(not much I can do with the nim storyline until catfienated shows up, so I'm going to concentrate on mina's side of things)

[after about an hour in hyperspace, the aeon jumper drops out and adjusts for the next leg of the journey when a ship clearly modeled after an imperial star destroyer drops out of hyperspace and activates it's gravity well generators]
Garrick: What the? Damn, they must have been tailing us. Mina, get to the falcon's nest and launch asap! The rest of you man the phase cannons and pick off the eyeballs until we can get a lock on for a photon torpedo broadside! Crystal, if you aren't sober I suggest you pull any voodoo you can TO get sober.
mina: <already there! launch when ready!>
[roughly 50 tie fighters deploy from the ship]

Catffeinated

<Preparing destination, location: 125, 252, -4335> (OOC: Longitude, Latitude, Altitude)
"Come on guys, the portal room's clear for now!" Umal yelled over the portal as it created a secure link to a device on the other side, "Be weary of any doors with a red light above them, that indicates the room's been gassed." He added before running into the portal.

The room was large. Umal came out of a circular device containing the portal. The room's lights were out, only the dark red glow of the emergency lights illuminating the desk nearby. Umal went straight to it. On top was a computer and a keycard, he went over to the computer and typed in his password.
<Cerberis Defence System>
<Total Active Turrets: 325>
<Total Destroyed Turrets: 152>
<Total Gassed Rooms: 572>
<Floors Infiltrated: 732>
<Status Code: Red>
<Other Info: Elevator shaft hit by nutron bomb, unable to access floors 200 and below; Level 1 through 70 collapsed; Armory secure; Power core secure>
Shit, there goes the easy way... He thought as he picked up the keycard. "It's clear guys." He announced on the communicator.

topher chee

Topher nodded to Garrick's request and set off to a cannon at once.  He looked out through the window and saw a fighter just behind the right wing.  He aimed and fired.  "Direct HIT!"

Snuggles

Crystal shifting himself over to one of the station. "No *hic* i am fine *hic*." Getting into the chair. Grabing on to the controls. "So i am *hic* killing, what again?*hic*." His metal state was horrible but his physical self was doing good... Actually he is doing better  then he could have when he was sobber. Destroying 5 and that is his round of fire

Kitsune Ascendant

Nim: <alright. we're heading through. >

---
43 fighters remain
Mina: <I'm beginning my assault. I'll let you know when the shields are down.>
*fires a beam that causes the star destroyer's shields to go out of sync*

Snuggles

"O. *hic* K. I will be wait-*hic*ing" He starts to fire at a few more taking out 4 more.

e_voyager

Epsilon nodded and held his weapon low and ready. "i',m ready lets go"

Catffeinated

"Ok, this is going to be harder than expected, the elevator shaft's been blown up... The emergency stairwell is filled with these things. We can only get out by one way now: portals, which I've just started working on." He pointed to a claw-like object, "This is my prototype temporal portal generator, one shot makes one end, the second, the other. Only three problems: one: It makes two-way portals, and two, these portals oly last about five seconds, three: It uses your lifeforce. I have yet to find another sutible source of power. Oh, also, if a single shot is fired under a unit, he is lost in oblivion, seperated from time and space." He smiled, "Stole it's design frome the Aperture science enrichment center, I helped design it... until I learned what the test subjects had to edure..." He said shivering, his face grim. He quickly snapped out of it, "Still, unfortunantly there's only one... and I'll be using it..." He grabbed the device's handle. "Let's go!" he went over to a door and swipped the keycard on a cardlock, the door unlatched ad oped, revealing a long hallway.

e_voyager

Catffeinated

"Oddly enough, the device won't accept the power, we tried every way we could think of, but no results... strange..." He shruged, "We tried all types of energy as well, it just doesn't seem to be compatible with any other energy sources... and since we were on a deadline, we couldn't rebuild it from the ground up..."

Kitsune Ascendant

(ooc: sorry for disappearing again, but it's kinda crunch time for my summer class. short update for the nim side, mina side gets a little more to get it flowing again)
nim: <Can several be set up to feed from one person's life force?>

---
[meanwhile, with mina]
Garric: alright, we're almost in position! How is that shield disruption coming, mina?
mina: <almost have it. shields should be weak enough in another five seconds. Wait, I see a class five interceptor heading my way....interceptors shouldn't glow like that...aw sh-> *static*
Garric: mina?! Mina!...This is bad. Alright guys. forget the interceptors. I'm supercharging the turrets, and I want you all to find a spot on the destroyer and pound it for all it's worth. I just hope mina weakened it enough for us to finish the job...

e_voyager

Epsilon nods. understanding " if i were able to i'd make a run to voyager and pick up a few bio fusion packs but at this point i'm not sure were that ship is in relation to this universe let alone have the power to propel my way there"

Epsilon was not sure where his memory of this power systems and weaknesses were coming form he knew that they made sense but the didn't seem to be coming for the person that woke him in his mind he compared there tech that Umal had with his own and wondered  and the tech that he'd mentioned. he drew parallels but realized he's need help if anything more the simple understanding were to come of it.  shaking his head to clear his thongs he looks around to make she he wasn't left behind. " okay i'm ready to go" he said and the though an bio fusion filter hit his mind again and he wondered why it would not leave him alone.

Kitsune Ascendant

[mina's side]
Garrick: what, did you all fall asleep at the guns? ...oh. that last hit must of taken out internal comms. and shields... well, no choice. I have to set this rust bucket down.
[garrick pushes a button and a small floating droid sphere soon flies into the cockpit]
internal comms are out. I want you and your friends to let the others know that they need to strap in for a rough landing.