Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

not bad, not bad! hehehe, but you're going to have to wake up a bit earlier to beat me at the explodies!

*moonsoul allows her other tails to reappear, and they quickly spread out into a semicircle. she holds her right hand high in the air, grasping it with her left hand at about the elbow as blue balls of energy form at the four outside tails' tips. the energy balls arc to her hand, changing to a ball of blue fire, which she promptly levels at the nearest cluster of blobs, blasting through them with a beam of what is best described as light on fire*

foxfire blast, fourth tail!
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

DigitalMan

"Most impressive. But you've only seen stage 1."

DM quickly sets up the most powerful attack he dares to use with allies anywhere nearby. Rather than a single ring of orbs, this time he creates four, two around each arm. As they again accelerate to rainbow rings, he brings his hands together in front of him, palms facing outward. The result is a shimmering rainbow beam four meters in diameter, which DM sweeps across the whole field of blobs.

"SVGA Beam!"

Kitsune Ascendant

*moonsoul stops momentarily, mesmerized by the colors. as she looks at the beam, an excited grin spreads across her face*
that is so awesome...
'course, I can supersize my attack too! *this time, energy balls appear on nine of the ten tails, and the blast that results is nearly triple in diameter and throws of frightening amounts of light*

foxfire blast, ninth tail!
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

DigitalMan

DM moves out of the blast radius and stares, quite impressed and glad he wears shades. He sorts through his variety of attacks in his mind. Still hiked up on caffeine, he could easily go bigger and better. But those techniques were reserved for destroying true enemies, and finishing duels in deserted areas. Not to mention it'd do a significant amount of damage to the earth, which that rocky fellow wouldn't be too pleased about. He could also amplify his previous techniques, but that would involve quite a bit of pain, and he's not in a very self-destructive mood.

As a finishing thought, he decides to test how the blobs react to sound waves. DM moves to the edge of the blob field, getting them all in his sight. He clenches his right fist, and waves of energy form around his arm. He then brings his arm back as if preparing to punch something, and the energy becomes concentrated, looking almost like electricity. The technically inclined might say it resembles an oscilloscope display. After several seconds of charge time, he swings forward, slamming his empowered fist into the nearest blob. Time seems to move in slow motion as a shockwave capable of leveling a city block emanates from the point of impact, passing through the entire blob field and beyond.

"Mega Hertz Punch!"

Kitsune Ascendant

*the blobs start to vibrate, then explode in a massive chain reaction. a few seconds later, the entire area is full of new blobs*

sonic attacks, huh? hmm... *moonsoul considers for a second. she could probably pull off a similar punch-like attack, but that lacked creativity and flair, as did direct sonic blasts. as she ran through her considerable list of options, she decides to go for a particularly dramatic one*

you might want to cover your ears, dm. Bark at the moon!

*the sky suddenly darkens to night-like conditions, and a moon suddenly appears directly behind moonsoul. Moonsoul throws her head back and the bark that follows begins echoing, as the moon image begins to shimmer and shift, then suddenly releases all the sonic energy in a burst that leveled all the blobs again*

DigitalMan

DM grins, impressed once again. "I like your style."

He tries to think of some way to best Moonsoul's technique. Though out of useful techniques himself, he remembers one of his new toys, and quickly devises a plan. Rather than mass destruction, perhaps he could go for artistic flair.

He removes a small electronic device from his personal pocket dimension, and throws it down to the ground. Before much thought can be given to it, DM calls attention back to himself by clearing his throat and cracking his knuckles.

He raises his hands in the air, then points at a blob nearby. A fraction of a second later, the blob is ripped apart by a burst of large weapons fire from below. DM points to another blob, eliciting the same kind of destruction. He zips through the air, pointing this way and that, practically dancing as the blob field is progressively destroyed by lasers, bullets and missiles from the darkness below. His pointer fingers like omens of doom, he lights up the sky for nearly a whole minute, the explosions having a sort of rythm. As a finale, he stops and strikes a pose, and a small cluster of blobs behind him is decimated by a large energy blast.

As the lights from the destruction fade, whatever was on the ground launching such coordinated attacks isn't there now.

Kitsune Ascendant

I definately like yours. shinies, explosions, and a good show. that one's going to be tough to top...but I think I might have something in my bag of tricks.

*moonsoul holds both hands high in the air, gathering an extraordinarily large sphere of energy. instead of hurtling it at the blobs, she breaks it into several medium energy spheres, which scatter all around the field. she then materializes two shadow clones of herself, and they begin a similar dance through the air, weaving, looping, and pointing blobs to their destruction as various colored beams shoot from each of the energy spheres. near the end, moonsoul and the two clones regroup at the bottom as the spheres dance their way above the arena, combining back into one. they begin a spiral up, creating a second spiral of destruction. once they are just under just under the energy sphere, moonsoul's shadow clones disappear*

and now for the big finale!

*moonsoul flys high out of sight, then darts straight down through the energy sphere and the blob mass. exactly a half second later, her shockwave catches up and drags the blob down as a massive amount of energy beams. as she nears the surface, she flips, then springs back up into the air, reversing the lasers mere inches from the ground. the lasers begin dancing and weaving as she aproaches the blob mass, each in just the right place at the right time to hole a blob  as she makes wher way to the top.  finally, she stops, and each of the beams stops nearby, becoming a point of light that quickly becomes a loose sphere. the the points of light slowly fade, leaving moonsoul with what is quite possibly the widest grin seen on her face to date*

DigitalMan

After watching such a display, DM applauds, then bows. "I know when I've been bested. And I dare not make a bigger boom here. Maybe some poor sap will attack us later."

Kitsune Ascendant

maybe, maybe *smiles*.
c'mon, let's head back. Maybe some other time I'll show you this nifty pocket dimension I found. It lets you use whatever techniques with no fear of harming others or any planets or anything.

*flies off in the general direction of the others*

Kitsune Ascendant

(where is everyone?)
*continues flying back towards the town*

DigitalMan

DM flies towards the town as well, but while climbing higher into the air. It doesn't take long before he's above the clouds, out of sight. After a few seconds, he dives straight down, punching a hole through the cloud layer, and plummeting towards the ground at increasing speed. "WHEEEEE!"

Some cross between a "crash" and a "thud" indicates the end of his downward trip, leaving a deep DM-shaped crater in the ground at the edge of town. He eventually climbs out of the crater, wobbling a bit.

"Oww..."

===OOC:===
Sorry about that, got wrapped up in more things than I'm used to. Reality sucks.

Kitsune Ascendant

Silly dm! you do it like this!
*Moonsoul flies high above the clouds, just like dm did. as she rockets down, however, an arrow shaped aura forms around her, and when she strike a small crater is instantly pushed into the ground, absorbing most of the impact as moonsoul rolls onto her feet, then does a small curtsy*

Less painful and you get sparkly stuff!

e_voyager

E opens his eyes and blinks. his body feels better but is still dully aching. he looks around and spots a few of the others. "where are we?" he ask uncertain his internal sense of location still kind of woozy.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

*just then, dm and moonsoul return to the rest of the group back at the dojo*
hey everyone! I think dm's caused enough explosions that he's not any real danger to any of us.

to answer your question, e, we're back at the dojo with the guy who does that technique. *grins*

e_voyager

e nods.  and stands. a moment before he goes down to his knee a massive energy pulse escaping his  hand into the ground.  E's eyes  glow for a few moments and then  echoes of his pulse seem to ripple back to him.. with his voice and his mine he calls off a list of names. including Topher Chee, Mel Dragonkitty and Zedd
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

speaking of people, where is that sensei?

(Sorry I haven't been here in a little  while, summer just started for me so I've been a bit "busy" relaxing).

e_voyager

E's eyes are closed for a moment. "he's in the garden out back but i believe he's on his way here." in E's mind the entire globe has  become a grid system  and he senses the energy of nearly all healthy entity on the planet. still sensing their energy does not tell E who they are only that they are there. he tries hare to feel out the familiar energy paters of his fellow travelers but he does not have a mechanical mind in this form and has to relay on memory and gut instinct.

Kitsune Ascendant

Hey e? It seems that we're close to having done all we want. you think we should head out to our next stop once snuggles has recovered?

e_voyager

yes. as soon  as they are ready we can go. i tried to pick a peaceful place to ensure we'd all be able to rest and recover but it seems that battle will follow us.

Kitsune Ascendant

[Over the next few days, as snuggles recovered, Moonsoul and Sunheart were hard at work learning the finer points of the phantom star technique. Moonsoul was still physically and mentally equivalent to her kind's "teens", but offered little explanation as to why, even when Sunheart displayed similar characteristics when he was in control of their body. Currently, Moonsoul, snuggles, digitalman, and zedd were standing in a clearing near the town]

Well, it was definately nice here. I'll have to remember this place. Anyways, I think I'd like to show you guys one of the five dimensional nexuses next. It's really pretty, and they have this wonderful mall with a restaurant that serves foods I can't even pronounce. Unless anyone has another destination in mind?

Snuggles

"I think that i would too... but i was out for most of the time we where here. My leg still hurts me a little bit." Looking around a bit. "I don't care i just need another day or so to recover/ train."

DigitalMan

DM runs back and forth across the clearing, attempting to capture grasshoppers with his bare hands. He pauses for a moment, pondering over what kind of restaurant might serve the unpronounceable. "Sounds good to me. I haven't been to Starbucks in quite a while."

Kitsune Ascendant

Well, if there aren't objections...
*opens the portal*
[Moonsoul quickly enters the portal, eager to get her paws on some finer food. However, the portal flashes strangely when she enters. The others, seeing this, take a few seconds before entering themselves to make sure nothing's wrong. They arrive safely, but moonsoul is nowhere to be found. However, A cybernetic feline is seen nearby tinkering with some strange machines that looks dangerous, which would certainly explain what it was doing out in the middle of nowhere. Seeing the new visitors, he decides to go over and introduce himself]

Catffeinated

"Oh, great, magic, just what I need... Somthing popping up from mid-air, only to pop back out, am I right?" At this he turns looking straight towards E. His left eye, metalic and obviously robotic, wizzing maddly.
"Your like me eh? Perhaps you all arn't so bad after all." He holds out his hand, "Name's Umal, just Umal. I thought someone was coming... I'm an Inventor, of sorts... and you would be?"

topher chee

Topher Chee appears from the darkness and places his hand on E's shoulder.  He smiles and removes his hand and walks onward.  He looks to the others to see who has joined since he dissapeared for training.  "I feel I am ready to continue my journey.  I promise to leave notice if I ever have to do again, which I highly doubt."
  He smiles to the others and introduces himself.  Seeing as nobody seemed to be moving he sat quietly and organized his sash.

DigitalMan

With Umal's attention on E, DM slips away from the group silently. It takes only a moment for him to sidestep his way to the machine Umal was working on and begin examining it.

Catffeinated

"DON'T TOUCH IT!" He bellows without even turning his head, DM notices a small, spider-like robot scittering around where the device was, looking at DM. "You're not a very bright one, now are you? That device has a 91:1 chance of blowing the head off of any uneducated beings trying to operate it." He turns to DM with a very stern face, "Unless you want to die, I suggest you place the device down."

Snuggles

Snuggles leaned down his walking stick a little more. "Wow... i thought you guys were crazy." Looking around at the rest of them then looking back at Umal. "You crazy fellow... Where's Moonsoul?" Pointing a little at him.

Kitsune Ascendant

[As the others talk with Umal, The two squirrel foxes that belong to moonsoul begin sniffing around, looking for some sign of what happened. What they find clearly worries them. They touch heads for a stronger telepathic bond, and begin exchanging rapid-fire bursts of thought, not even bothering to form the thoughts into coherent words. They arrive at the conclusion that Moonsoul's disappearance means that one of the unspeakables has returned and was likely holding her in an isolated dimension. Having done this, they slow their thoughts down enough to form them into word-patterns]
Mina: <I hoped this day would never come.>
Nim: <I did too, but we can't stand around here doing nothing.>
Mina: <Right. But what can we do? Our powers are somewhat limited.>
Nim: <Maybe these others can help. They proved to be strong in our recent encounters with trouble.>
Mina: <You're right. I'll tell them about the situation.>

*Mina turns to Umal, directing her thoughts to him*
<I don't know you, but you seem like a good enough person. If I and my companion are correct, we are going to all the help we can get. We'll include you in the explanation of what has happened, and then you can decide if you want to help.>

*mina then directs her thoughts at moonsoul's friends, preparing to explain the situation. She then gives them the mental equivalent of a tap on the shoulder to get their attention.*

Mina:<Everyone, please listen carefully. As snuggles has pointed out, moonsoul seems to have disappered.  From what we can tell, a transdimensional being we call an unspeakable has awakened, and has captured moonsoul. We can not directly get to the dimension she's being held in, though. At least, not directly.>

*Nim decides to chim in here*
Nim:<The short version is that all of the dimensions that exist occupy isolated "layers". Certain transdimensional beings can move between these layers at will, but we don't have that ability. The only other way to get to a different layer is through one of seven special dimensions called the nexus gates. Mina and I hold the key to one of these gates. Problem is, that gate, like five of the others, only goes to a range of layers, while the unspeakable has likely gone to a layer that can't be reached by any of those six.>

Mina: <The seventh gate, on the other hand, is special. Called the gate of beginnings, it can be used to travel to any layer of dimensions. However, we can only enter it if we have all seven of the nexus keys. We'll need your help to find these seven keys and then rescue moonsoul. It will probably be dangerous, but if we work together we stand a better chance than I or nim alone.>

Catffeinated

"Sure, sounds like fun." Umal smirked, "My new inventions could use a field test." he said, taking the device from DM. "Of course, I do warn you, most of these items are not 100 percent er... stable. "That, and I've only used them under controlled circumstances, so... yea. Let me just get my stuff, and I'll be ready." He goes into another room, only to come back seconds later, "Now where is it?" He asked coming out, "I had it a second ago, where could it... oh."  He looked on the table where the device was, and grabbed a small, runed cube. "Ok! Ready to go!" He said, tossing the cube in the air like a ball.