Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalMan

DM's eyes flick back and forth behind his sunglasses, the lenses split into dozens of screens each projecting a view from one of his CameraBots. His look grows more serious, as though concerned about the information he lacks. He has the equipment to sense energies easily enough, but his telepathy decoder wasn't even in beta stage, and therefore he hadn't brought it with him. The only solid conclusion he can draw from the information available is that the Earth Blade would not be his tool of choice here.

He stands on the corner of a rooftop, preparing to unleash any amount of force, should it be deemed necessary.

Kitsune Ascendant

fight you? hmm, maybe later. seems you're already knee deep in a battle. I'm just here to make sure said battle doesn't hurt any bystanders. want to see some impressions?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

It lets out a horrible roar and the earth starts to shake. "You... Fight... Or... Town... Destroyed..." He roars again and the earth starts to split beneath it.

Kitsune Ascendant

your fight should be with snuggles right now, not me. however, if it's a fight you want...
*the sphere suddenly leaps another ten meters in the air. the entire thing epxpands horizontally to a 20 meter by 20 meter square, and the bottom flattens out while the sides become a dome*
then it's a fight you'll get, rocky. this oughta be fun.
*moonsoul takes a low tiger stance, focusing her energies into her hands*
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Snuggles

"Good..." As it moves upward, it seems to be in pain a little bit. It seems to be drawn toward the movement by moonsoul and moves quickly over and slams the ground at him.

Kitsune Ascendant

(ground? what ground. remember we're inside the barrier. and I'm moonsoul right now, remember?)

*moonsoul's image flickers, and suddenly disappears as she moves in for a few quick strikes to the golem's arms before appearing on the opposite side and taking the crane stance*

Snuggles

(what i meant from ground was the thing that they are standing on... sorry)

As the strikes hit it, a few of the rocks it had on it starts to fall off. It reshapes its form to be able to look at Moonsoul and quickly strikes back at her. "Quick..."

<Just a little longer... *smashing sound* just a little bit>

Kitsune Ascendant

yes, I am a fast one. or I could say you're relatively slow. it doesn't make a difference how we phrase it. *moonsoul's image flickers and disappears again, reappearing mid-air then disappearing in a bolt of lightning that strikes the golem before running along the ground, where it reforms into moonsoul*
snuggles tells me that you are to become his next teacher of the elements. If you do not mind too much, I would like to join in on these teachings.

Snuggles

"Not... Yet..." Seeming to read moonsoul movements this time it seems to go into defence ready for the next strike against him. "You... have... do... what... little... one... did..."

e_voyager

By now the martial arts master has reached a point were he could watch what was happening. he knew better then to try and interfere this was a lesson he learned when watching Goku fight Sky dragon then when Goku defeated MaJunior the reincarnation of demon king Piccolo he began to grasp just how out of his league some of the fighters and fighters were. this was one of them.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

*suddenly, moonsoul drops out of her fighting stance. her head tilts slightly*

what is going on in there, anyways? a battle of wills or something?

Snuggles

"Yes..." Seeing that moonsoul's droped her stance, it fires rocks at her from his body and from the rocks she has kicked off the ground.

Kitsune Ascendant

cool! I've always wanted to fight a battle in my mind! *toothy grin*
for now... *moonsoul's image flickers, then reappears in ten different places around the golem. lines of energy form, connecting the ten afterimiges.*

I'll settle for this. *the ten images quickly begin circling around the golem, the circle becoming charged with magical enemies*.

Snuggles

"Tricks..." He swings out hitting Moonsoul dead on. "You... can't... hid..."

Kitsune Ascendant

*Knocked back, moonsoul still retains the power that the circle had been bulding*
who said anything about hiding. foxfire wheel!
*the energies of the circle suddenly dart inward, and the golem can feel its personal chi fields being heavily disrupted. meanwhile, moonsoul is concentrating almost frightening amounts of her own chi. with a slash of her hand, she sends a massive wave*

Snuggles

Its chi was a little better at holding together but soon as it saw Moonsoul gathering it started to shift.
<moonsoul i am almost done>
As soon as the massive wave starts to come at him he move the rocks on his body that it wouldn't hit him but because of the wave not being to carefuly placed it hits Snuggles that was in the middle of the body.
<Shit what is happening out there?>

Kitsune Ascendant

<your friend here decided he wanted to rumble, so to speak. it's made for a fairly interesting time. I'm trying to keep him distracted without hurting you, but you might need a light healing spell or two before this is over. hell, so might I. he's got a mean left hook>

okay, no more giant waves. *moonsoul holds out her right hand, and creates a sphere of chi the size of a baseball. pulling her hand back, she then thrusts it forward. it almost imediately breaks up into hundreds of rays, each targeting a stone*

Snuggles

<that really hurt moonsoul... i hope you don't do that again.>

The rock start to shift again behind Snuggles limp body so that there is not target of them. "You... keep... hitting... friend..."

Kitsune Ascendant

<sowwy. I'll try to avoid hitting you, and I'll heal you right up once this is over.>

well, that's what happens when you go looking for a fight in my friend's body. however, you make a good point. It's been fun, but I'd rather not hurt snuggles any more. *moonsoul's body begins to draw energy inward, slowly at first, then faster and faster. as it reaches its peak, moonsoul focuses it into her hand, shaping it*
possession stasis!
*the energy, a mix of chi, chakra, and raw magic, darts out and surounds the golem in a field.  the beam then widens from moonsoul's hand to a field encompasing her*

our body's movements are now connected at a fundamental level of our chi. every move I make, you mirror. you could try to break out of it, but that would probably put more strain on snuggles than I'm comfortable with, and I'd so hate to have to step in on his challenge.

Snuggles

"You... cant... step... in" He is trying to move but really can't. "What... is... this...?"

Kitsune Ascendant

it's a sort of body posession technique. uses my chi along with the target's, creating a connection between our movments, with your following mine. like so.
*moonsoul sits down, and the golem, despite any struggle he may put forth, follows suit*

now, mind telling me why you were looking for a fight?

Snuggles

"They... use... Earth... for... only... gain... must... pay..." Still struggling out of this. "and... you... help..."

Kitsune Ascendant

ah... that does make sense, I suppose.
look, I can understand why that would make you angry. heck, I'm not exactly fond of people who are careless about how they treat their planet, but people aren't going to change just because you trash a town or two. the townspeople are going to resent you for it, and it'll do nothing for the countless other worlds. they'll come around on their own eventually. I've seen it on plenty of worlds.

e_voyager

[( actually the thing i like about dragon ball worlds is that they tend to be clean conservative and remarkable fuel efficient. the main sources of power seem to be a very clean nuclear power, solar power and hydro electric power. 90 to 98% of the cars seem to run of either nuclear power of hydrogen fuel cells. while i have to admit in the preZ worlds jets seemed to rung on jet fuel i has parable been replaced by this time with a better fuel. as for land development thanks to the conversation in part to protect wildlife (Dino's and other wild things)  are most of the population either advanced futuristic super cities or small rural towns like this one. the lad between them is largely untouched save by a few roads. aside form that only a few people live in the wilderness like hermits or farmers or very strong marshal-arts masters.. much of this was made possible due to capsule technology when allowed for easy transportation of most things and reduced cost and weight.. even ready made temporary homes ( solar powered with there own limited water supply ) could be put into capsules. like all worlds there are a few bad eggs. conquer or destroy the world types but that's part of the reason for the Earth's special forces volunteer soldiers. the protect the planted form Z level crisis's like when Demon lord Piccolo attacked and the march of the Red ribbon army.)]
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Snuggles

(Ok... still he was going to challege the leader of the town to gain back its earth)
"I... Don't ... ..." Before the golem could finish his thought it started to crumble away. Leaving the bleeding body of snuggles behind.

e_voyager

( now worries i just wanted you to have some background information of the world we're in. also the leader the king would have had master Shekin fight as his champion. )

E had final made it to the scene of the conflict. he was not sure he's have been able to help but before he got there it seemed to be a moot point as moonsoul had the situation well in hand. E let himself slum into a sitting position as he watch and waited for it to be over.

Kitsune Ascendant

thank goodness that's over. *moonsoul walks over, clutching her side* like I said. mean left hook. now, let's see what we do about these wounds. *moonsoul kneels beside snuggles, and holds her hand out over his body. concentrating, she focuses her healing magics. five points of light appear at her fingertips and one in her palm. these points of light scatter, one above, one below, and four at the side, and circles of energy form, connecting the points. the lines expand into a golden sphere. as the sphere is completed, snuggles can feel a strange warmth inside him, working it's way from his center out to his limbs, healing the wounds and rejuvenating him. a few seconds later, a small burst of white light expands from moonsoul's body, healing the wounds she had been dealt. *

now that that's done, let's go down and see what our friends have been up to, yes?
*as the giant sphere decends back to earth, the others can see moonsoul. It becomes clear that her human shape had changed much like her fox form. her height had decreased at least six inches. the change in height was accompanied by a smaller physique, and her face had gone from the soft, older shape that spoke of wisdom to one  full of the vitality and charm that she had experienced in her youth. all in all, it looked as if her humanoid body had returned to the physical age of a late "teenager" kitsune*

hello, everyone! So very nice to see you all here, even if it's not the best of places to meet. let's head back to that dojo, shall we?

Snuggles

Moonsoul could see that she was healing him but for some reason his body wouldn't heal other wounds. Her damage that she had dealt to snuggles' body was healling but as she does so more wounds appear on his body that wouldn't quite heal. She also feels that his energy, equal to chi, was balling up in two places. The mind and heart.

DigitalMan

DM Frowns a bit, disappointed that the battle ended so soon. "Aww, I wanted to blow him up!"

"I'm fairly certain that would blow up Snuggles as well..." K2's voice comes through a CameraBot floating near DM.

"Well, I wanted to blow something up. Maybe a mountain or two, I bet that would have worked." DM pouts and jumps back to ground level.

Kitsune Ascendant

*noticing what was happening to snuggles, moonsoul turns her attention to the new wounds. finding that her attempts to heal failing and reluctant to try anything more intense without some idea of where those wounds were coming from, she decides to make a direct mental link with snuggles*

<I'm having trouble healing you. any chance you know why?>