Abel's Story, 10-31-06

Started by DigitalMan, October 31, 2006, 03:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 03, 2006, 09:27:32 PM
Wait... The first quote of Amber from The Nice said that there are a few 'taur cubi. Was she dropping hints about Dan and Matilda's compatibility? Only one way to find out!  :mwaha (Starts to speculate wildly, then writes naughty fanfictions)
Oooor, maybe she's referring to the ones in the background of some panels, which I'm sure I saw.

ShiningShadow

Who knows what Amber will do on that subject of Matilda race at this point. I have a feeling it will be something very long and sad in the comic sense of Matilda's life. *MEH* that's me just babbling like a brook

ninjannihilator

Quote from: T. Dancer on November 02, 2006, 12:29:50 AM
maybe daddy wanted a girl?
Then again who knows, he could've just been an ass who descided to do a runner when Devin was born...
It's really odd, it sounds like his father left due to disapointment, so the only reasons i can think of:
1) Devin not inheriting his fathers magick/looks/etc.
2) Devin being born the wrong sex.
3) His mum cheated, so Devin doesn't look like his father, father then walking out.
4) Devin's father may have been an adventurer who had to leave, anyone here ever seen disneys "Treasure Planet"? like Jimms dad.
5) Maybe it was something that he couldn't tell his family about, or perhaps he was a failed adventurer who felt like he could not support them and so ran off?

For all those proposing the Devin and Ables father are one and the same i don't think it's that likely, for one they both live in the same town so someone would have to notice if he was sneaking around, and i don't think it's possible that either May or Devins mother could not have know about each other.

Still doesn't explain why she kept Devin, though maybe she doesn't mean kill quite the way we're all taking it?
Anyways quite the kunundrum...   :3

That would certainly explain this:

Quote from: Stygian on November 02, 2006, 03:30:05 PM
Quote from: DigitalMan on November 02, 2006, 10:32:07 AM
I'm still wondering if we have a few geniuses on this board, or just a few very good pranksters. Or maybe my oversized-but-fragile ego doesn't want to admit that there's anyone here smarter than me :shifty

I was just wondering last night if I should give one of my characters different colored eyes. The answer appears to be, "No."

Ehhm... Let me just say that my point of view is this; people have very different types of intelligence. Because of genetics, we think differently even to start off with (e.g. personally I am a very practical and intuitive thinker and learn best and think deepest when actively involved in or observing something, whereas my sister is a more scholarly type who learns best from reading and contemplation), and then we learn afterwards to use different parts of our brain to different extent, even further accentuating the difference between us all and specializing us. It even leaves a physical imprint upon our DNA, "grafting" itself into us and what we are. One person may be very intelligent and quick in thought in one situation, whereas in another they are hopelessly lost. And though there can be no denying that some people are clearly less intelligent than others, this often has a very clear reason to it.
   Then, when you apply emotion and opinion to all this, it gains another level of complexity. Whether you study the purely biological, biochemical nature and function of emotions, or emotions in a personal and social context, I beleive that you will come to the conclusion that they "interfere" with intelligence. You could say that they inhibit it, but I would rather say that they "distort" it. However, seeing as being biased towards something means refusing to see alternatives or options because you are too one-tracked as a result of your emotions, emotionality tied too closely together with intelligence most probably produces bad results.

But I am rambling. I will say this; intelligence is relative. Be glad of what you have.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2006, 10:12:34 AM
What branches of science did you want to see?

I WANT TO SEE MORE STEAMPUNK! FINAL FANTASY 7 IS THE WAY!

I personally like steampunk. But FFVII just ticks me off because it is so  :cuss overrated.

DigitalMan

Wait... The first quote of Amber from The Nice said that there are a few 'taur cubi. Was she dropping hints about Dan and Matilda's compatibility? Only one way to find out!  :mwaha (Starts to speculate wildly, then writes naughty fanfictions)

Dood!

... *pouts* Why's it always gotta be a writer, we need more graphic artists with dirty minds...

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 04, 2006, 01:44:00 AM
I personally like steampunk. But FFVII just ticks me off because it is so :cuss overrated.

*whacks ninjannihilator with random object: tiny cocktail umbrella*

No arguing about FFVII here! Last time that came up we had many pages of crap.

ninjannihilator

*whacks ninjannihilator with random object: tiny cocktail umbrella*

No arguing about FFVII here! Last time that came up we had many pages of crap.

Sorry  :neko

:confused My head hurts now.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 03, 2006, 02:27:27 PM

Dood!

... *pouts* Why's it always gotta be a writer, we need more graphic artists with dirty minds...

Might I remind you of http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_128.php Anyone who would attempt to draw that would have their eyes burst into flames. :dface
Jeez I need to update this thing.

DigitalMan

I'm sure a great many people would want to see Dan in that, er, situation. I'm not one of them, but trust me, they're out there D:

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 03, 2006, 02:31:58 PM
Sorry  :neko

:confused My head hurts now.

... Argument avoided? That easily? Sweet. *offers ninjannihilator a piña colada*

Faerie Alex

I was particularly referring to Dan with Matilda. (Using #128 as an example.) But yeah, that too.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

ShiningShadow

Guys they haven't gone out to an offical date yet, and you guys are already wondering what Matilda thinks of Dan's package. I know it's funny as heck but lets get back to the topic in hand. *giggles* alright lets get back to it at a later time.

Aridas

...So basically you posted that to say nothing at all. You have this little habit of derailing things then telling people to go back on topic... all in the same post. Quit it. Seriously. Let people decide what they want, instead of having you tell them not to do something you do in every single topic at almost every moment you get the chance.

ShiningShadow

Anyway like I said Abel is trying to understand Devin but alas the more you try to understand devin the deeper the confusion on his character and emotions in general as a whole.

Aridas

You try to understand devin, and you get pain. This was Abel's lesson >.>

ShiningShadow

True but there's more to Devin character that we are scratching the surface. The pain he inflicts to others is a defensive mechanism that he has feeling that he cannot deal with and the only way to show it is with pain.

ninjannihilator

Generic but an understandable reason nonetheless.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 08, 2006, 12:45:06 AM
Generic but an understandable reason nonetheless.

Thanks I try my best to be generic and less filling. :mwaha :mwaha

Alan Garou

Dood!

I'm only an amateur writer. I also draw, but I can't draw furries worth crud.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 08, 2006, 08:25:21 PM

Dood!

I'm only an amateur writer. I also draw, but I can't draw furries worth crud.

I could draw cockroaches does that count?