10-29-06 : more Angry Merlitz face!

Started by Saist, October 29, 2006, 11:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2006, 07:12:03 AM
Quote from: Sid on October 30, 2006, 06:55:33 AM
All this talk about "agents" is making me want to smack my head against the nearest wall somehow.

You've got to admit there's some evidence for it, but I really do think that it's strictly a 'cold war' between Dragons and 'Cubi.  That every single race has someone in place to catch some remarkable event that only Dan can achieve strikes me as overly paranoid.
[...]
At a guess I'd say Abel is going to say something like "The dragons have sent someone to get Dan but I don't know why yet"

Possible, agreed and possible.
I'm mostly hoping against this because the comic already focuses almost completely on Dan by now. Him being a Cubi triggered a few arcs (including the currently longest arc in DMFA history, if I did the math correctly), so adding some sort of conspiracy to it would only ensure even more spotlight for him.
Yes, there are various hints (some of them dating back like whoa, I believe), but I honestly hope that they will only come crashing down once a few side characters get the time for their personal issues (the various love interests of Jyrras, Wildy's view of herself in relation to the others, Lorenda's potential relationship to the guy who let her live with him... stuff like that).
:boogie

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2006, 08:01:51 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on October 30, 2006, 07:57:28 AM
Except that, if some drastic/important happens in the future, it would mean a large gaping hole in future predictions. And then all sources would point to Dan, since he (as far as we know) is the only one, other than Destinia, left of said clan.

Not quite, the fact that Dan's tentacles have heads means that his clan leader is alive and that their clan is still very strong ('high and powerful' as his bio says).
So there could be others, but I take your point.  The thing is that Fa'lina didn't seem to know he existed until Aary wrote, and for someone who's semi-omniscient, that's saying something.
High and powerful could just mean powerful in general, and tentacles having heads does not mean that the clan is numberous. (Falina is the last of her clan, but her tentacles have heads too.) (We know that Dan is at least of reasonable power, seeing that he could return from near death just by feeding on pain energies.)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psaakyrn on October 30, 2006, 08:19:06 AM
High and powerful could just mean powerful in general, and tentacles having heads does not mean that the clan is numberous. (Falina is the last of her clan, but her tentacles have heads too.)
I think she's become her clan leader, although I suppose you are right about the power/clan size thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

If what Tapewolf said about the clan being high is true, then it also means they're not in any danger of being snuffed out. It should mean that there are plenty of them.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2006, 07:12:03 AM
You've got to admit there's some evidence for it, but I really do think that it's strictly a 'cold war' between Dragons and 'Cubi. 

I can empathize :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 30, 2006, 08:35:40 AM
If what Tapewolf said about the clan being high is true, then it also means they're not in any danger of being snuffed out. It should mean that there are plenty of them.

It's all here: http://missmab.com/Cast/dan.php   (quirks and fun facts)

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

e_voyager

a high and powerful clan? humh i wonder if there will be a family reunion in the  distant future.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ninjannihilator

Of course there's going to be a family reunion. We just don't know when it will happen.

Caswin

Alternate Warp-Aci defense mechanism: Sleeping.

Especially with the sway it holds in this universe, I can't see Pip eating something that cute.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Acii are freaking adorable when asleeps

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Caswin on October 30, 2006, 06:54:53 PM
Alternate Warp-Aci defense mechanism: Sleeping.

Especially with the sway it holds in this universe, I can't see Pip eating something that cute.

How did Pip's tongue turn black?

Roureem Egas

Tapewolf

Quote from: ninjannihilator on October 30, 2006, 07:19:58 PM
I can't see Pip eating something that cute.

I think he meant that Fi would be too cute when he/she/it is sleeping, as opposed to normally.
Either that or Caswin can't see Pip eating Fi.  (Pip himself may have other ideas  >:3 )

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2006, 07:25:18 PM

I think he meant that Fi would be too cute when he/she/it is sleeping, as opposed to normally.
Either that or Caswin can't see Pip eating Fi.  (Pip himself may have other ideas  >:3 )

What I'm talking about is Pip's tongue turning black after Fi went into Dan's scabbard.

e_voyager

As yes i remember that. Fi was trying to take the sleeping Dan to SAIA but pip stopped him chasing him away and took a bite out of his tail.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Alondro

*Charline is boring today*  I don't see that Abel is acting in any cladestine manner.  He's merely reporting what amounts to a very significant danger, in his mind anyway, to Fa'lina: there's a dragon in their midst!  To Abel, Pyro is a threat, and thus it is only natural he'd want to let Fa'lina know about it.  Simple logic.   :3

*Charles blinks*  No alien conspiracies?  No deep, dark cubi conspiracies? 

*Charline shakes her head*  No no.  No nonsense like that.  Simple reason must prevail in these cases.

*Charles  :eek *  Who are you and what have you done with Charline? 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

Quote from: ninjannihilator on October 30, 2006, 07:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2006, 07:25:18 PM

Either that or Caswin can't see Pip eating Fi.  (Pip himself may have other ideas  >:3 )

What I'm talking about is Pip's tongue turning black after Fi went into Dan's scabbard.
Tapewolf got it.  Fi is cute enough as it is, but asleep, looks just plain too adorable to munch on.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: e_voyager on October 30, 2006, 07:41:26 PM
As yes i remember that. Fi was trying to take the sleeping Dan to SAIA but pip stopped him chasing him away and took a bite out of his tail.

Forgot, now I get it. (since I couldn't find the lightbulb emoticon I'll just do flashing lights) :ipod

ITOS

The sun is a lemon drop? Man, I got it all wrong! :dface
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Oh I am so glad no one brought up the creature fusion between Taskis waddlegators and a warp acii again or chaos would be brought up many folds

Jim Halisstrad

Grenn

So I wonder if his friend the Doctor referrs to Ink?

Though I can't see Ink saying stars are made of lemon drops.  :erk

Zedd

Well be glad its one doctor and not me...Sides lemon drops are freaking adictive

e_voyager

Maybe but i remember being addicted to jaw breakers myself

SkipSanders

Quote from: Grenn on October 31, 2006, 12:50:59 AM
So I wonder if his friend the Doctor referrs to Ink?

Though I can't see Ink saying stars are made of lemon drops.  :erk

If you can say that, in all seriousness, you MUST go find the Rex Harrison 'Dr. Dolittle' movie on DVD and watch it.

The song's full lyrics:

http://tinyurl.com/ydpxzn

Mischa

Mischa awwws, and cuddles Charline while she can get away with it. :3

That said... it is "Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures", so it's not surprising if Dan appears to play a major role in the plot.  I only hope we'll get to see more Mab!  Maybe if we get to see the Twink half of this story arc....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mischa on October 31, 2006, 06:27:17 PM
That said... it is "Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures", so it's not surprising if Dan appears to play a major role in the plot.  I only hope we'll get to see more Mab!  Maybe if we get to see the Twink half of this story arc....

Kenji

Cogidubnus

Abomination! Depart, ye demon! The power of christ compels ye!

Et domini, et fili, et spiritus sancti! *brandishes cross*