10/21/06 - None of your bizzynezz :P

Started by Pendolse, October 20, 2006, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on October 21, 2006, 05:06:27 AM
Quote from: Zina on October 21, 2006, 04:55:42 AM
Besides, we all know Devin's doing Xander. I mean, c'mon.

Maybe Abel tried to be friend with Xander and Devin didn't like that? :meh

Whether Devin is or is not gay for Abel now, assuming sexual relations between any of them when they were eight is wholly unreasonable D:

QuoteAnyway, Devins said that he was bullying Abel because of "bad reasons". Does that mean it was weak reasons or uncomfortable reasons?

Uncomfortable ones, I'd guess.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

i have  no read ideal but i think that able is going to devlope a major complex due to this
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2006, 05:24:28 AM
Quote from: ITOS on October 21, 2006, 05:06:27 AM
Maybe Abel tried to be friend with Xander and Devin didn't like that?

Whether Devin is or is not gay for Abel now, assuming sexual relations between any of them when they were eight is wholly unreasonable D:

:U Your way to think amaze me.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on October 21, 2006, 05:43:28 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2006, 05:24:28 AM

:U Your way to think amaze me.

If that wasn't what you were implying, perhaps you should have replied to someone other than Zina.  In context, it looked pretty bad :P

Taross

I'm on with the entire anger thing...

Owner kicks the dog, dog bites the cat, cat bites the mouse... etc. I'm calling that Devon's dad was either abusive or demanding, beating on the poor kid to be better than those 'monsters', or just beating on him.
And Abel was sufficiently different that Devon and the rest of the kids could gang up.

I'm guessing that at this point Devons father's dead and he's finally trying to be a better person than he was, though certain behaviour is just too deeply rooted and people keep reminding him of what a basterd he was, or his father was.
Which is just what Abel did again.

Eibborn

GUYS YOU'RE RIGHT DEVON WAS TOTALLY WANTING ON HIM WHEN THEY WERE BOTH SIX OH HAWT

...Right.
I'm more inclined to agree with those who said that Devin was just treating others as he'd been treated. Or maybe somebody abnormal just scared him, and Devin was just increasing the violence.
/kicks the internet over

Silverfoxr

Seriously folks the whole 'gay for who ever..' sernino is getting really annoying...

but i can see something has devin in the past that properly involved him getting picked on by an older sibling or an abuseive father - or he was picking on abel just cause he was different
anyone thought that it was just plain bullness - and now hes regerting it

DigitalMan

Hmm, I hadn't even thought about the aspect of time passing... So it's safe to assume Devin wasn't gay for Abel that that point. And I am now completely terrified of anyone thinking otherwise.

*waits patiently for next Saturday before speculating any further*

Stygian

Surprisingly (wait, what...?) DigitalMan is the only one here who has caught the real idea as of yet...

Madmann135

Talking about jumping to conclusions.

Devin could have had thousands of bad reasons on why he did what he did.  In a way it looks like he's trying to reconsile what he did in the past but also in a way he's trying to forget it.  I have years I want to forget because I hated them.

for instance...
1- the other students/teachers/family could have been pressuring him to do what he did because Abel was diffrent
2- Devin could have wanted to be with the 'in' cround and therefore picked on Abel because that was what they were doing

one more reason why I don't like humans

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

VioletDusk

"Love" is often a very different thing in the mind of a child than it is to an adult. Little kids can have crushes on other little kids, they're just not sexual in nature (normally anyway. If they are, then something's very wrong at home.) Trust me, I had a raging crush on a classmate first grade, though I didn't show my affection by throwing rocks at him. However, I knew lots of little boys who'd do just that, or other meanish things to little girls they liked. Same-gender crushes aren't unheard of either, but just because a kid has a same gender crush doesn't mean he or she will grow up to be gay.

Now, that aside, I don't think that's what's going on here is Devin being gay for Abel. I think the people pointing to Daddy might be on the right path though. It's entire possible that "Daddy" is something they have very much in common. Namely (my wild speculation follows) that outside of their very different coloration and tail hair, how much the two of them look alike? Same facial structure, same tufted ears, similar hair lines, builds (narrow shoulders and lightly muscled), height and fluffy fur.  Of course, it's hard to say how much of that is Amber's style, and how much of it might be intentional.  It would explain Devin's general angstyness, not to mention his career choice. (Idolizing and adopting the traits of the absent parent.) This wouldn't necessarily make their father an adulterer, btw. We don't know exactly how old either of them are; it's entirely possible Devin is slightly older and the result of pre-marital, post-adventure barmaid debauchery.  (I seem to recall adventurers having a taste for that. See Exhibit A.) Even if they aren't half-brothers, they may be in some way related. Cousins from feuding branches of the same family tree, for example.

Aridas

one possibility? two words: peer pressure

Shakal

For all of those looking at Devin's father as potentially being abusive and the cause of his bad behavior/memories... remember most people have two parents. The father is necessarily the abusive one.

Cogidubnus

Like perhaps his mother? Of whom Devin looks suspociously like the principal that first School? :3

Edited for bad grammer.

Gabi

What I gathered from reading the strip was that Devin had his own personal issues and took it out on Abel because he was an easy target. Now he realizes he was unfair to him, but still doesn't want to talk about his own problems. He wants to put it all behind.

At least that was my interpretation.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Comma

And Devin reveals his true identity...

as ZORRO! :B

mini-lion

very well observed Gabi,

All this surpression of emotion by devin or anyone indeed is not good for the body or mind

Madmann135

we can make a thousand speculations on why Devin was picking on Abel, we can also have thousands of reasons on why he did it.  but the one thing that we are forgetting is this.

In all likelyhood Devin will not explain what caused him to do what he did but he might say he was sorry but that will do little to the wounds that it caused him and what came from Devin's actions.

Men have a tendency to NOT talk about emotions and we also have a tendency to have a hard time talking about the cause of what brought on the negative emotions.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zina

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 21, 2006, 11:29:52 AM
Like perhaps his mother? Of whom Devin looks suspociously like the principal that first School? :3

Edited for bad grammer.

Just because they're both -blue- doesn't mean they're related.

Zedd

Yes guys have a hard time talking it out with anthor gent..Even I do...Well used to anyways....Yet still I dought anyone understands me at home...But gladly I hope soon Abel will help Ol' blue face

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zina on October 21, 2006, 03:15:16 PM
Like perhaps his mother? Of whom Devin looks suspiciously like the principal that first School? :3

Quite right.  They aren't even the same shade of blue, and I don't see any badger heritage in Devin.  In fact to be honest, I can't see any resemblance at all.

Cogidubnus

Eh, what do I know. They probably aren't. But, the plot would be delightfully, deliciously twisty if so.
Deliciously twisty!

Kenji

Edited for bad grammer.

Then how do you explain your relationship to newspapers, lil miss black and white? D:

e_voyager

i agree wit mini-lion Gabi is probably right and it was a good observation. as for suppression of emotion and stuff like that that... well if anything is suppressed it will fight it's way free and cause problems along the way.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zina

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 21, 2006, 06:45:10 PM

Edited for bad grammer.

Then how do you explain your relationship to newspapers, lil miss black and white? D:

I said I didn't want to talk about it. :<

Manawolf

Then where does the purple fit in?

*Gasp*

She's trying to bring the Mab into syndication!

Zedd

I think Firekat means causes she black and white and red (read) all over...

e_voyager

lol funny zedd. it's an old joke bot classes are near timeless. though it truth i still don't get the syndication thing form mana. the author in bob and George wears purple but he's not syndicated with Mab is he?

Miaka

Edited for bad grammer.

Especcially given that one's a -badger- and the other's a feline of some sort.

Gabi

Quote from: Miaka on October 22, 2006, 07:51:15 AM

Edited for bad grammer.

Especcially given that one's a -badger- and the other's a feline of some sort.
That's not going to stop speculation. Especially after Jyrras.
Not that I believe they're related, I doubt they are. But speculation, especially on this forum, can't be stopped that easily.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly