10/13/06 - No! Not Dan... *sob*

Started by Hilary, October 13, 2006, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 17, 2006, 08:25:48 AM
Well... Abel isn't evil.

Oh, and he also doesn't want to be slaughtered for screwing something up.

Indeed.  If he messes up the initial transformation (some flaw which isn't obvious yet, or the 'mirror' spell Llearch alluded to), Alexsi and Wildy and possibly Pyro will beat the hell out of him for ruining the plan.

If he can't get Dan back afterwards, Fa'lina is going to beat the hell out of him when Dan has his monthly visit to SAIA.

And he seems to owe Dan big, so deliberately ruining his life seems unlikely.

I wonder what Pip will make of Danielle, given that he seems to be jealous of rival males for Mab?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2006, 08:33:04 AM
I wonder what Pip will make of Danielle, given that he seems to be jealous of rival males for Mab?

If it's just the appearance that has changed, Danielle with probably still smell like Dan and thus just confuse Pip for a moment. :P

The question I'm thinking about is if Dan still smells like a man. There might be a risk that it can blow his cover. :paranoid
This generic comment was brought to you by:

ShiningShadow

We will see the end results in this comedy filled strip of DMFA. But in any case I sense this will go on a little bit longer who knows what wildy adventure will happen to poor Dan....................

e_voyager

and i thought i was the person that over annualized everything. Dan's first mistake is like going to be in the introduction when he calls himself Dan then changes his name right quick or something like that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 17, 2006, 01:55:50 AM
I'm pretty sure this is cubi magic we're talking about here, so magic training before saia wouldn't actually count. If you're 300 years old and still a novice, chances are it wasn't regular school that taught you everything.

Would transformation magic be cubi magic? Would a race that can shapeshift naturally take the time to develop a powerful shapechanging spell? Seems kind of like fish going to swimming school. Particularly if this is the painful alternative to painless natural ability. To me this reads like something he would have learned at demon college before his breakthrough. I can think of reasons why a cubi would want to learn this but it doesn't seem like it would be a cubi who invented it.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aridas

But don't all these "skills" involve magic in the first place? There wouldn't be any need for them to be magical creatures if all their skills could be attributed to natural evolution.

JTigerclaw

There are many possible things that can go wrong with this scenario... and the fun part is trying to figure out which one it will be. ^^

It would be just his luck if one of the ones coming to see the place were an Amazon woman, hehe. ;)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 17, 2006, 09:57:44 PM
Would transformation magic be cubi magic? Would a race that can shapeshift naturally take the time to develop a powerful shapechanging spell? Seems kind of like fish going to swimming school. Particularly if this is the painful alternative to painless natural ability. To me this reads like something he would have learned at demon college before his breakthrough. I can think of reasons why a cubi would want to learn this but it doesn't seem like it would be a cubi who invented it.

He's learned to transform others.  It may work on inanimate objects too, so I'd think it's a worthwhile thing for a 'cubi to study, even if they don't need to use it on themselves.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2006, 05:47:00 AM
Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 17, 2006, 09:57:44 PM

He's learned to transform others.  It may work on inanimate objects too, so I'd think it's a worthwhile thing for a 'cubi to study, even if they don't need to use it on themselves.

:yeahthat

But TW was this type of magic spell sort of a skill that can be used at a latter time in case if a Cubi lost the ability to shapeshift  sort of an emergency spell to prevent of getting caught by someone. I think the college taught to all Cubi's as a mandatory spell to be learned before leaving the college and going to the outside world. I don't know when I saw Abel the very first time using that Powerful spell it made me suspicious of him.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Hide myself as a tree" works well only if there's a lot of trees to hide in.

Transforming small rocks to trees so you can hide behind them is probably useful.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Or hide self in Llearch....Those dirty rats will never find me in him  :veryevil

ShiningShadow

I know but I know TW has the answer on this one. When Abel is capable to handle those strong spells I see Abel in a different light of his character..................

Stygian

I am looking forward to seeing the effects this will have once Wildy and company actually retreive Alexsi. It is an ideal set-up for mistakes, sarcasm and general stupidity. Alexsi going on a hammer spree, Mab losing track of who is who, Wildy taking cheap shots, Biggs fondling up Dan...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The down side is, by then Amber will have been worn out, what with a massive long arc, etc etc.

.. so, we may end up missing out. More's the pity, because that lot sounds like fun...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

You seem to misread me. Not only has Amber made the promise to write extra strips as a response to donations, but setting up a story arc like that would probably also be in her interest. A lot better getting some well-thought out drama and humor in than hasting to finish the arc and starting up with the next one. At least I for one am willing to wait it out, if it turns out good.

But then again, I would like to see some character development for Mab as well, since she has basically done nothing but been around as of yet. That, and blown her home up.

ShiningShadow

True maybe that's the next arc coming soon to DMFA who knows what's in the mind of the ALL POWERFULL AMBER *in loud booming voice*. Till then we will wait and see what develops.................

Stygian

*for a reply in a proper fashion*

I am okay with nearly all developments to this that I can see, so long as they are MIND BENDINGLY  EVIL AND DISTURBED!

Seriously though. Powerful is spelled with only one l. <---- grammar nazi

e_voyager

i still think the interview will be over and Alexi and and are going to come face to face with much mayhem to follow.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

More Mayhem and destruction to shake a stick at I love it. But we will have to wait for the comedy to start rolling along at DMFA.