Oct 9: Dan's got a big sword

Started by komissarmakarov, October 08, 2006, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komissarmakarov

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 09, 2006, 06:41:15 AM
There is talk of an Imperial Army, which empire is that?

Why, the Imperium, of course!

Aldoun

Ah yes, I can see you standing there just next the general himself. Be careful with the Bravery Bolter now will you?

ITOS

*reads the title of the page*

Just when I thought that song was just a part of my imagination...  :U

Anyway... Why would you want such a big sword under your dress? A small one can be equally lethal if you have the proper training.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

For intimidation purposes, what else? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 09, 2006, 10:05:45 AM
For intimidation purposes, what else? :-)

I was thinking that you could lean on it if you got tired...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Aridas

A girl doesn't usually have a big sword under her dress, so I imagine the element of surprise is in there somewhere.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: ITOS on October 09, 2006, 09:52:50 AMAnyway... Why would you want such a big sword under your dress? A small one can be equally lethal if you have the proper training.
against opponents your own size with soft skin, that might be true, but against opponents three times as big as you are, or with rock-hard skins, I higlhly doubt you'd do any real damage with a rapier-like sword.

besides, a sword that big can only be blocked with other heavy weapons, any small weapon that stood in its way would likely break and then the sword would hit him really hard. and if you've ever seen berserk you know what an excellent shield large swords make
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Alan Garou

:redface Umm... is it wrong for me to have a crush on  :mowdan ielle? Because I think I just developed a huge one from his (her?) love of huge weapons.
Also, wouldn't it hurt walking around in a dress with such a huge sword in it? You'd be likely to slice yourself or the dress apart. Wait...  :mwaha

GabrielsThoughts

Final Fantasy seven strikes again! Whoot!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

You know, FF7 isn't the only guy-in-a-dress reference to go from... Especially since this one doesn't actually have anything to do with the FF7 occurence >_>

DigitalMan

Well, besides RHPS and FFVII, what are other noteable cases of crossdressing?

... On second thought, maybe I don't want to know...

Manawolf

Flea of Chrono Trigger, the first video game transvestite.

And this was an FF7 reference, Aridas.  Don't know of anyone else who uses a buster sword like that.

Prroul

*sighs* FF 7 was one of my least favorite of the Final Fantasy series, right down there with 8 and 9, but not quite low enough to compete with Mystic Quest as far as the worst FF title. However, I admit, this was a fairly good FF VII reference. I didn't much like that particular part of the game, but it's one of those things which you just can't ever forget, no matter how hard you try.

And yes, it had to have been a deliberate FF VII reference. Just look at the sword.

Eibborn

Quote from: Prroul on October 09, 2006, 03:55:28 PM
*sighs* FF 7 was one of my least favorite of the Final Fantasy series, right down there with 8 and 9, but not quite low enough to compete with Mystic Quest as far as the worst FF title. However, I admit, this was a fairly good FF VII reference. I didn't much like that particular part of the game, but it's one of those things which you just can't ever forget, no matter how hard you try.

And yes, it had to have been a deliberate FF VII reference. Just look at the sword.
Out of curiosity, what did you consider the best Final Fantasy?

AND, to keep somewhat on topic, I'd better add that I love Dan's smile in the final panel.
/kicks the internet over

Aridas

I do remember people commenting about this current plotline before about that sort of thing. Besides, that sword is way too small.

Magic

QuoteIs it wrong for me to have a crush on Danielle?

No.

I do wonder though, why not Alexsi? Doesn't she look like Dan turned into a female? Granted, Dan has to morph into Alexsi after all--
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Alondro

*Charles a-durrrrs*  Heh, I think Dan is compensating for something!  :B

*Charline batters him mercilessly*  DUH!!  As if everyone didn't think that since this morning, you idiot!  *smack smack smack* 

*Alondro erms*  Maybe he would be smarter if you weren't always causing brain damage...  D:

*Charline hmms*  Maybe.. Well, as far as Dan's sword, it's not a true Zanpuketo; it's just a swollen fluffy object with no spirit force jammed into it.

*Charles ooooos!*  I know what THAT means!   xD

*Charline batters the human some more*  Forget brain damage, I'm going for brain death this time!   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Uuuuugh, FF7 reference.  'A' That game bored me away from disc 1.
Amber, no more free furniture for the next month you play a certain game involving towns (if ever again X3).
2 months if Dan dates Pyro, while Pyro wears a sailor outfit.

Saist

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 09, 2006, 05:24:29 PM
Uuuuugh, FF7 reference.  'A' That game bored me away from disc 1.
Amber, no more free furniture for the next month you play a certain game involving towns (if ever again X3).
2 months if Dan dates Pyro, while Pyro wears a sailor outfit.

hmm...

* je.saist grabs FKK, drags him down to Wall Market, and hands him over to the Dress Maker

bill

Am I the only person not to ever play FF7?

*left out*  D:

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Aisha deCabre

I haven't played FF7...but I know of it and have watched my brother play.  So I get just as excited whenever I hear of a Sephiroth-Cloud battle.

So you can hide a big sword in a dress?  o.o

Hm...I should wear dresses more often...  XD

This'll probably lead to another useful Cubi lesson from Abel...in order to pass for Alexsi he will have to hide his wings.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

How else is he gonna fill up the bra silly

Amber Williams

I've actually never played FF7 myself, but watched a friend play a couple parts.

I thought Yuffie was pretty cool...but thats about the true extent of my FF7 experience.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 09, 2006, 06:17:26 PM
No, I haven't even played any of the Final Fantasy games, so don't feel bad; I don't know what theyr'e talking about either.

As for Dan's sword, I percieve it is overkill, but what do I know?  I can just see Abel acting like a jerk, and Dan smacking him upside the head in reprimand when they would be alone.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

EvilIguana966

I played 3/4 of FF7 and loved it.  The reason only 3/4, well I got the PC version free from a friend who could never get it to run well on his, and the game would lock up on the 3rd disk.  It was the game that got me into RPGs in the first place, having only really played action games and a little RTS previous to that.  FF7 is to date the only FF game I have ever played.  The combat system in FF games in general is sub par, but FF7 was first and foremost an interactive epic sci-fi/fantasy novel.  The story and the world are what defined the game, not the combat system.  Back on topic though...

Amber is clearly conspiring to attempt make us stalwart straight males gay, or at least metrosexual.  It is a full on assault on the senses.  Oooh look at the fuzzy kitty people.  Aren't they cute?  Don't you want to hug them?  Let me put them in dresses.  That better?  You can do it.  BZZZZT  HAHAHA GOT YOU!  YOU CUDDLED A MAN!   I WIN! 

See what she is up to?

Jim Halisstrad

Man, It's true.  Once you fap to a trap, there is no turning back.

*whistles innocently*

Hilary

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 09, 2006, 06:17:26 PM
Nope... Actually, the only video game I've ever played is Need For Speed in... like... fifth grade, and some Soul Caliber III recently at a friend's. Oh yeah-- I forgot the pastime of blasting aliens during recess on my fourth grade teacher's old Atari. ;)

If Dan had just accepted his 'cubi side earlier, he wouldn't have to go through the cross-dressing part... he could just work some magic with his tentacles, and you have instaAlexsi! With much less entertainment value, granted.

King Of Hearts

Its not the size of the sword that matters, its how you use it.

Im somewhat hoping this turns out to go the way of RHPS at one point or another...