[Bounty Project Part 08]

Started by Starcat5, June 04, 2024, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

08-00 - Part Two - Two Little Victories

She has a look of smugness and barely concealed evil on her face. Sadly, she is a Noble, so that doesn't actually tell us much.  :rolleyes
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on June 04, 2024, 02:44:35 PM08-00 - Part Two - Two Little Victories

She has a look of smugness and barely concealed evil on her face. Sadly, she is a Noble, so that doesn't actually tell us much.  :rolleyes

Seeing as she's already revealed prejudice against people with wings, I wouldn't bet on her being a benign figure in this tale.

Starcat5

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on June 04, 2024, 04:08:20 PM
Quote from: Starcat5 on June 04, 2024, 02:44:35 PM08-00 - Part Two - Two Little Victories

Seeing as she's already revealed prejudice against people with wings, I wouldn't bet on her being a benign figure in this tale.

Oh, to the readers she is raising all the "I am one of this arc's main baddies" flags, but to our heroes she only comes across as a rich begot they need to grit their teeth and work for. A mistake that will no doubt cost then dear.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

08-01 - Mr. Swain is now in twain

If whomever is messing with the Bounties knew this branch was spread thin, then this is a genius move. Get Mary to check the missing adventurer who is not actually missing, let nature take its course, and have a wanted poster ready for Mary before the night is out. Otherwise this is a glorious coincidence.  :mwaha

Starcat5

08-02 - If it turns out he's an undead, he probably could tell them

You know, if all this mess happened before the events of "Zeta takes a Trip", it'll explain why she seems to have mellowed out so much in that interaction.

Starcat5

08-03 - Insufficient evidence

Not enough to to Convict, not enough to Acquit. Don't you just love legal systems that lack an "Innocent until proven Guilty" clause? At least in this Kingdom, it isn't "Guilty until proven Innocent".

Chairtastic

Gotta say I agree with Mary here.  If you don't have an issue killing or enjoy it, finding a legal way to do so is the best route.  Hopefully Fairweather's emotion reading confirms Mary didn't do this maliciously.

Liatai

You know, I found myself thinking, "skin hardening doesn't protect your hair -- does that also apply to fur? I wonde--" and JUST THEN my eye fell on Mary's neck and the bare patch there. Kudos for your attention to detail! X3

Might talk it down from murder to manslaughter, if such a distinction exists in Fairwater... and I have my legal terms right... but yeah, more investigation needed indeed.

Though now I'm wondering about last comic's glass stress balls. They've got to be a pain to clean up. Sure, they won't slice up a demon's hardened hand-skin, but shattered glass gets everywhere! Gotta get Steve some of Kamdan's stress dolls or something.

ProfesseurRenard

08-06 - Some people just want the whole world for peanuts

With attitudes like this, it's amazing that Lady Featherstone was able to hire anybody.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 28, 2024, 05:46:45 PM08-06 - Some people just want the whole world for peanuts

With attitudes like this, it's amazing that Lady Featherstone was able to hire anybody.

True.  However, with adventurers not being needed so much, a rich client has a lot of leverage.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2024, 07:14:45 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 28, 2024, 05:46:45 PM08-06 - Some people just want the whole world for peanuts

True.  However, with adventurers not being needed so much, a rich client has a lot of leverage.

Ah, the same old song of a hefty pocketbook outweighing all other considerations, eh?