2022-11-02 [DMFA #2093] - Abel needs to brush up on Demo.101

Started by WhyNot?, November 02, 2022, 02:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyNot?

Given Abel seems to be creating this world from scratch I'm going to assume that it's easier to just insert yourself into sombodies original dream and effect it with your presence and slight magical nudges than it is to close out the original and create your own scenario wholesale. Probably considered more polite when you're going into someone you respect though, as opposed to a random source of emotions, given all the weird and wonderful places dreams can go.

Also the little booklet Abel is choosing backgrounds out of is cute.

joshofspam

Quote from: WhyNot? on November 02, 2022, 02:21:11 AM
Given Abel seems to be creating this world from scratch I'm going to assume that it's easier to just insert yourself into sombodies original dream and effect it with your presence and slight magical nudges than it is to close out the original and create your own scenario wholesale. Probably considered more polite when you're going into someone you respect though, as opposed to a random source of emotions, given all the weird and wonderful places dreams can go.

Also the little booklet Abel is choosing backgrounds out of is cute.

I'm actually thinking if it's more of Abel inducing a dream state before Jyrras mind could construct a dream to fill it with stuff from his mind?

I'm a bit concerned about Fa'Lina's warnings about other threats in dream scapes, though. Fa'lina did say other creatures could lurk into others dreams. Let's hope that doesn't include dragons, because I could think of one dragon that wouldn't pass up on those lessons.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on November 02, 2022, 09:01:24 AM
I'm a bit concerned about Fa'Lina's warnings about other threats in dream scapes, though. Fa'lina did say other creatures could lurk into others dreams. Let's hope that doesn't include dragons, because I could think of one dragon that wouldn't pass up on those lessons.

On the other hand, that one dragon has delegated watching Abel to his minions.   I'm a little more worried about whether Jyrras is likely to let on that Hizell is scrying him, which may provoke a change in behaviour enough to tip off the fact that he's aware of it.  As DP said, Hizell will have a plan B in case the scrying is compromised, and it's better for all involved if he's not forced to use it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Liatai

At least Abel remembered the most important things;

(a) how to dream surf
(b) how to manifest gigantic bean bag pillows as set pieces X3

Also, it has the added bonus of making less work for the artist, with a secondary bonus of being able to change any scenery that's no longer fun to draw!

Hariman

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2022, 10:00:50 AM

On the other hand, that one dragon has delegated watching Abel to his minions.   I'm a little more worried about whether Jyrras is likely to let on that Hizell is scrying him, which may provoke a change in behaviour enough to tip off the fact that he's aware of it.  As DP said, Hizell will have a plan B in case the scrying is compromised, and it's better for all involved if he's not forced to use it.

Jyrras could always state that Abel will probably be getting scryed just in case, but not say who, and say that anything sensitive/etc needs to be kept quiet.

Although, I suspect part of why Abel did this is because he suspects that it's not just Kria scrying on him.

His mama didn't raise no fool.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Hariman on November 06, 2022, 08:47:50 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2022, 10:00:50 AM

Jyrras could always state that Abel will probably be getting scryed just in case, but not say who, and say that anything sensitive/etc needs to be kept quiet.

Although, I suspect part of why Abel did this is because he suspects that it's not just Kria scrying on him.

His mama didn't raise no fool.

I look forward to finding out how much Abel suspects and his reasoning for popping into Jyrras's dreamscape for a chat.

Lying Foo

...it, um, to put it delicately, took me longer than it should have to realize that was a beanbag.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tuyu

Quote from: Liatai on November 03, 2022, 10:32:47 PM
(a) how to dream surf
(b) how to manifest gigantic bean bag pillows as set pieces X3
I kinda imagine the beanbag is there because they're both in contact with it in the waking world. It probably comes from Jyrras.

PS--Amber, welcome to Standard Time.  Daylight Savings Time is a summer thing. ;)