Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Amber Williams

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE COPPER!  -runs with art supplies into the night-

Merlin

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Merlin on February 08, 2022, 03:45:50 AM
stopped from making such great character designs

At least now I know the Father's wing types are theoretically possible to assume through shapeshifting.

Drakkenmensch

Abel harnessing the power of blue balls for revenge!

Drakkenmensch

I also feel like we missed out on Mink discovering steampunk clothing. We are all poorer for missing that phase.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 08, 2022, 08:29:02 PM
I also feel like we missed out on Mink discovering steampunk clothing. We are all poorer for missing that phase.
Came here just to say we need more Mink in hats, period. I'd love to see them go through a full steampunk phase, too, tho.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on February 08, 2022, 09:57:33 PM
Came here just to say we need more Mink in hats, period. I'd love to see them go through a full steampunk phase, too, tho.

Nice potential art idea. Thanks, Cass.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 08, 2022, 11:14:43 PM

We need Mink in steampunk garb, solving SAIA mysteries, like The Great Missing Muffins Caper. (turns out it was Fa'Lina who ate them)

Merlin

wait i'm here to be annoying again, what's the text in the background of cell 3 say?? curious minds ponder

my money is on:
buckles
boots

Tapewolf

Leaving aside the "looking cool versus being on the pull" debate, the succubus seems to have missed the fact that or all she knows, Abel gets an emotional energy buff from people thinking he looks hot.  Or from turning down other people's offers (which he very well might, having a misery affinity).  That would apply regardless of whether he's interested in other people or not.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on February 08, 2022, 11:14:43 PM

Yesssssss, more Miiiiink, yesssss...  :mwaha
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2022, 04:35:59 AM
Leaving aside the "looking cool versus being on the pull" debate, the succubus seems to have missed the fact that or all she knows, Abel gets an emotional energy buff from people thinking he looks hot.  Or from turning down other people's offers (which he very well might, having a misery affinity).  That would apply regardless of whether he's interested in other people or not.

So this got me thinking... Reddit, Twitter and Facebook must be utter hellscapes on a level we can't imagine in their world. Make a bad post that gains traction like flat earth and you never need to feed again.

Tuyu

Quote from: Merlin on February 09, 2022, 01:39:15 AM
wait i'm here to be annoying again, what's the text in the background of cell 3 say?? curious minds ponder

my money is on:
buckles
boots
I can't find it now, but I believe we've seen that signage before

Sienna Maiu - M T

Though, looking back...
She clearly references being "Ace", but in canon Abel more recently seems unfamiliar with the term when first confronted with it.
unless, he's retroactively editing the storytelling so that the intended meaning of whatever word she does use is more clear.

edited because I was reading back through the archive to try to find a previous reference to Abel's curly hair, and...
Quote from: Merlin on February 09, 2022, 01:39:15 AM

here you go
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

WhyNot?

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on February 21, 2022, 03:49:18 AM
Though, looking back...
She clearly references being "Ace", but in canon Abel more recently seems unfamiliar with the term when first confronted with it.
unless, he's retroactively editing the storytelling so that the intended meaning of whatever word she does use is more clear.

I think it's more a case of Amber becoming more aware of the actual term for it. When I read Abel and Jy's night-time conversation I always just assumed it was a case of turning it from a 'specificly Abel' thing into....well, Asexuality.

Looking back at the comic: When Abel was unaware of what it meant, nobody else is shown to know it either and it's treated as not a "textbook definition" of a sexuality. When Asexual is first used Abel seems to know exactly what it is and talks about it like he has for a long time.

Sienna Maiu - M T

most of my background knowledge regarding Abel's awareness and use of the term stems from things Amber has said in the past.
Basically, between Wildy asking him about it and Abel knowing the term he's managed to do some research on the modern "labels" available. And he definitely could have come across all of those negative experiences, even without a specific word to term his personal expression.

and is it really a surprize that the textbooks at the Cubi school don't keep up to date on terminology for non-relationships?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread