2021-10-18 [DMFA #2057] Slap bracelet happy

Started by killpurakat, October 19, 2021, 01:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

... and now I'm wondering what Regina would think of duct tape fashion...  :mowmeep

I'm still puzzled how exactly the guard maintains an impressive hairdo like that without having proper hands.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: killpurakat on October 19, 2021, 01:37:50 AM
... and now I'm wondering what Regina would think of duct tape fashion...  :mowmeep

Duct tape fashion? 0~0

killpurakat

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 19, 2021, 08:51:38 PM

Duct tape fashion? 0~0

This sort of thing:
https://www.duckbrand.com/stuck-at-prom

There might be some drawing atop the duct tape and closures that aren't duct tape, but for the most part, THAT'S ALL DUCT TAPE.  :eager

Past winners gallery here:
https://www.duckbrand.com/stuck-at-prom/winners

There's plenty of tutorials about how to make duct tape clothing, too.

CanisWolfred

I'm liking the extra detail in the backgrounds. Honestly, I should spend more time studying backgrounds in comics, I really struggle with those myself. It's always inspiring to see a veteran artist find new ways to improve their work. Plus, I'm just happy to hear that Amber is enjoying her comic, especially since it sounds like she's been under a lot of stress for quite a while now.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: killpurakat on October 20, 2021, 01:50:48 AM

Duct tape fashion? 0~0

This sort of thing:

There might be some drawing atop the duct tape and closures that aren't duct tape, but for the most part, THAT'S ALL DUCT TAPE.  :eager

And here I was picturing the duct tape being applied directly to the skin. That would make undressing a rather harrowing experience, wouldn't it?

"Quite the party that was! Well, time for a shower.

*RIP*

F U C K!!!" (And that's just undoing the shirt)

Nightmask

On a second (or maybe third read-through) I realized that 'unnamed' is missing an 'n'.  After some archive binging it also seems like a bit of a retcon that Regina accidentally killed Wildy and Biggs' mother, as scenes like Dan's encounter with her leading to DP's resurrection she's clearly thinking about everyone she killed in a matter of fact, standard demon fashion like 'yeah so I killed all those people and took advantage of his trust but what's the big deal?'

killpurakat

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 21, 2021, 02:05:12 AM

Duct tape fashion? 0~0

This sort of thing:

And here I was picturing the duct tape being applied directly to the skin. That would make undressing a rather harrowing experience, wouldn't it?

*RIP*

That exists too! Here is where you can buy the tape, along with see how they use it. Um... not exactly a NSFW warning, but lots of women wearing ONLY tape (no bits showing, but still very steamy):
https://www.blacktapeproject.com/

Quite honestly, I'd like to buy some and see what I can do with it. (I would prefer permanence, like as clothing accessories, so thinking maybe cut shapes and tape to a thing and then coat with a thin layer of resin? Still batting ideas around in my head. But the iridescent stuff is SOOOOOOOO pretty!)

Quote from: Nightmask on October 21, 2021, 02:43:16 AM
On a second (or maybe third read-through) I realized that 'unnamed' is missing an 'n'.  After some archive binging it also seems like a bit of a retcon that Regina accidentally killed Wildy and Biggs' mother, as scenes like Dan's encounter with her leading to DP's resurrection she's clearly thinking about everyone she killed in a matter of fact, standard demon fashion like 'yeah so I killed all those people and took advantage of his trust but what's the big deal?'

Yeah, I saw that unnamed was misspelled but wasn't sure about criteria for pointing it out? I don't know if Amber can make changes to the text, or even if they want to.

Also, there was *some* retconning of Regina's character, but it was also written in as Dan's memory being unreliable, as well as out-of-context. Regina, at one point, went off on a "I expect you want me to behave like THIS tee-hee-hee WELL I'M NOT THAT" segue, so that Dan's remembered glimpses that we see which were her acting cute weren't very accurate in terms of Regina's actual personality because she only did that to make a point that no, she wasn't some meek and cute girl to be reformed.

Nightmask

Quote from: killpurakat on October 21, 2021, 05:27:04 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 21, 2021, 02:05:12 AM

Duct tape fashion? 0~0

This sort of thing:

*RIP*

That exists too! Here is where you can buy the tape, along with see how they use it. Um... not exactly a NSFW warning, but lots of women wearing ONLY tape (no bits showing, but still very steamy):
https://www.blacktapeproject.com/

Quite honestly, I'd like to buy some and see what I can do with it. (I would prefer permanence, like as clothing accessories, so thinking maybe cut shapes and tape to a thing and then coat with a thin layer of resin? Still batting ideas around in my head. But the iridescent stuff is SOOOOOOOO pretty!)

Quote from: Nightmask on October 21, 2021, 02:43:16 AM

Yeah, I saw that unnamed was misspelled but wasn't sure about criteria for pointing it out? I don't know if Amber can make changes to the text, or even if they want to.

Also, there was *some* retconning of Regina's character, but it was also written in as Dan's memory being unreliable, as well as out-of-context. Regina, at one point, went off on a "I expect you want me to behave like THIS tee-hee-hee WELL I'M NOT THAT" segue, so that Dan's remembered glimpses that we see which were her acting cute weren't very accurate in terms of Regina's actual personality because she only did that to make a point that no, she wasn't some meek and cute girl to be reformed.

The parts I'm referencing are from REGINA'S perspective though, not Dan's.  It's how she's remembering events as well.

killpurakat

Quote from: Nightmask on October 21, 2021, 07:25:59 PM

The parts I'm referencing are from REGINA'S perspective though, not Dan's.  It's how she's remembering events as well.

Ah, gotcha! You mean comic 972? Good catch!

Possibly part retcon, but also, from the later comics, she might have been mentally spinning it a certain way because she hadn't come to terms yet with what she really did and how she really felt. Like, because it DID turn into her first rampage, and because she had to defend herself to her family (and it sounds like she was stewing on it for a very long time before Aliph gave her a better environment to be herself in), she might have mentally made it into something it wasn't and twisted it from, "guy invited me into his friend's house and I killed the mom and then a bunch of adventurers," to, "gullible guy invited me to a friend's house and I cleverly used that and went on a rampage and tried to kill his friends but ugh left survivors."

And it was only when Viv wanted to know about what happened that Regina gave the full story. I bet she hasn't actually done that with anybody (her family probably only wanted to hear certain parts whereas Viv definitely gave off an air of, "tell me the whole truth, please;" and even then, Regina did try to lie later and claim to want to rampage and all and Viv had to knock the wind out of her sails again).

Not excusing the slip up/retconning, but given that I recently had to relabel some events in a much different light, it can definitely be a big thing to change your mindset and stop lying to yourself.

Still, nice catch!

(Edited for dumb spelling mistakes.)

Nightmask

Quote from: killpurakat on October 22, 2021, 01:35:56 AM
Quote from: Nightmask on October 21, 2021, 07:25:59 PM

Ah, gotcha! You mean comic 972? Good catch!

Possibly part retcon, but also, from the later comics, she might have been mentally spinning it a certain way because she hadn't come to terms yet with what she really did and how she really felt. Like, because it DID turn into her first rampage, and because she had to defend herself to her family (and it sounds like she was stewing on it for a very long time before Aliph gave her a better environment to be herself in), she might have mentally made it into something it wasn't and twisted it from, "guy invited me into his friend's house and I killed the mom and then a bunch of adventurers," to, "gullible guy invited me to a friend's house and I cleverly used that and went on a rampage and tried to kill his friends but ugh left survivors."

And it was only when Viv wanted to know about what happened that Regina gave the full story. I bet she hasn't actually done that with anybody (her family probably only wanted to hear certain parts whereas Viv definitely gave off an air of, "tell me the whole truth, please;" and even then, Regina did try to lie later and claim to want to rampage and all and Viv had to knock the wind out of her sails again).

Not excusing the slip up/retconning, but given that I recently had to relabel some events in a much different light, it can definitely be a big thing to change your mindset and stop lying to yourself.

Still, nice catch!

(Edited for dumb spelling mistakes.)

Thanks.

I'm also wondering is Regina's brother still alive?  Looking at the family chart I realized I've never seen her mention him, like he's either dead so no reason to bring him up or she's so estranged from him she doesn't acknowledge he exists.  I wonder after we've seen their father if he'd show up in an arc where she has to deal with her Golden child brother and further family drama trying to demand respect and acknowledgement before realizing she'll never get it (which now that I think about it where's her mother in all this?).

killpurakat

Quote from: Nightmask on October 23, 2021, 02:17:40 AM
Thanks.

I'm also wondering is Regina's brother still alive?  Looking at the family chart I realized I've never seen her mention him, like he's either dead so no reason to bring him up or she's so estranged from him she doesn't acknowledge he exists.  I wonder after we've seen their father if he'd show up in an arc where she has to deal with her Golden child brother and further family drama trying to demand respect and acknowledgement before realizing she'll never get it (which now that I think about it where's her mother in all this?).

Pretty sure that since she's mentioned him being the perfect example of a demon--in the flashback, at least--that her brother is still alive and likely doing very well for himself. In fact, that might be one reason why her dad was able to walk away from her so easily; he considers her a spare at best, and one that has already proven to be much inferior in his eyes.  :mowsad

Honestly, I don't think there is any personality her brother could have that would work out well in the current situation. Aliph really is a balm for Regina just due to being honest with her and himself.

Abel-needs-a-hug

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on October 19, 2021, 02:28:26 PM
I'm still puzzled how exactly the guard maintains an impressive hairdo like that without having proper hands.
It feels strange to be able to say "magic" and have it be a serious answer.