2021-07-26 [DMFA #2049] - Technology - better late than never

Started by Tapewolf, July 26, 2021, 02:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

They seemed to have computer-controlled vending machines in SAIA, but I can't blame Abel for focusing more on the results than how it works.  It would be rather interesting to know what tech level he stopped at.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

I'm a bit disappointed that in Furrae they have dragons, fae, giant mechs, daemons, artificial life, sentient libraries and milennia-old shapeshifters but apparently consumer devices *still* have a locked-down bootloader.

I think Abel did everything right. Don't go that way Abel! Don't follow the siren call of closed app ecosystems!

Hoodoo

Abel's expressions in this comic are dangerously cute.

Rowenaster

Cubi KNOW about fire...they just hate it because dragons breathe it...
Ignorance killed the cat; Curiosity was framed! -- CJ Cherryh

The key to being honest is how vague you can make the truth -- Amber

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Hoodoo on July 26, 2021, 04:32:03 PM
Abel's expressions in this comic are dangerously cute.
Especially the fang grin in the last panel.

QuoteEspecially the fang grin in the last panel.

This :3

It's strange, but I never really realized the enormity of Abel's wingspan (or really any adult cubi's) until now that Jyrras gives a helpful illustration of scale in panel 1.

Like, there is a comfortable gap between the two of them - large enough that you could easily fit another Jyrras in - but he still can rest on Abel's wing without problems.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 26, 2021, 02:50:22 PM
They seemed to have computer-controlled vending machines in SAIA, but I can't blame Abel for focusing more on the results than how it works.  It would be rather interesting to know what tech level he stopped at.
Okay, that pushed me to do an archive dive of Abel's Story.

While most of the more obvious [magical] gadgets prevalent in contemporary Zinvth are absent, Abel's household did have [magical] clocks, cameras, non-flame lamps, and a communication device [phone] that appeared to be an earlier version of what Kria and DP were using not long ago.

So, more like 1930s US vs modern US, not a 400 year difference.