2019-02-28 [DMFA #1973] - Going forward

Started by Tapewolf, February 28, 2020, 05:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Yep, nothing short of a Fae wish can really be done about Hishaan, and doing that would likely un-make most of the cast.  But maybe, if the war doesn't prevent it, she can do great things going forwards to try and make amends.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Shadow_B_Panther

Not going to lie, the last few pages have been full of so many emotions. I know she did wrong and I know what she planned was terrible, but all the suffering and regret on her face made me wish I could just hug her. So glad Fan finally did it, he's a good grandson. I'm also impressed that he was able to find the right words and express his feelings so well to get through to her.

On another note, while I remember when she altered her appearance to be older and smaller to look like a grandma a while back, I have to say it's oddly comforting to see her in her true appearance being a bit smaller than Dan as he comforts her. Like she not just vulnerable emotionally, but also physically. In this moment she isn't the giant cubi that's one of the strongest individuals of her race, but a scared and depressed person needing her family for support and comfort.

MT Hazard

The compassionate hero, always nice to see, saving the day with love and forgiveness. Also good to see Dan hasn't given up on his earlier dream of helping creatures rather than killing them.

Fa'lina said that Dan has the best hope for Destina, I wonder if she knew he could help Cyra as well.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 28, 2020, 07:56:37 AM
Fa'lina said that Dan has the best hope for Destina, I wonder if she knew he could help Cyra as well.

Well, it was her suggestion that Dan visiting would do her good, so she may have had an inkling, yes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ixal

Who ist that and what has he done with Dan?

Switching to her history with Hizell would not fit the mood at all, so I guess the comic is now done with the mental flashback?

PhycoKrusk

Sometimes, the most important and powerful thing you can ever say to someone is, "I forgive you."

Sometimes, the most important and powerful thing you can ever say to someone is, "It's ok to forgive yourself."

FairWage22

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on February 28, 2020, 11:27:45 AM
Sometimes, the most important and powerful thing you can ever say to someone is, "I forgive you."

Sometimes, the most important and powerful thing you can ever say to someone is, "It's ok to forgive yourself."

But even more important, and something that's been hammered on a little bit here in a pretty gentle way...

"Did you learn why you have to do more than *just* forgive yourself?  Why it's important to 'be better'?"
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Kuzma Volkov

I kinda wonder now did Destina feel her mom's mind start to snap too?

Viking ZX

I'm an author! Check out my site!

Lying Foo

You have to remember, it was less than a year ago Dan's idea of a fun night out was to round up his friends and skewer the nearest Cubi none of them knew personally.  He must know that not only is there a lot of innocent blood on his own hands but also that, due to the way he thought in those days, he can never know just how much.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Somebodyelse

I wonder when the last time it was she was able to be hugged like this. However long it was, you can tell she needed it the entire time.

Poor Dan's robe is about to be soaked in several millennia's worth of repressed emotions.

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 29, 2020, 03:27:11 AM
You have to remember, it was less than a year ago Dan's idea of a fun night out was to round up his friends and skewer the nearest Cubi none of them knew personally.

Maybe some other type of creature, but not cubi. His mom made him take an oath never to fight/kill cubi.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Merlin on February 28, 2020, 05:41:17 AM

Indeed.

On a side note, that's probably the first time I've noticed the headline about 'doing porridge'. Interesting way of saying it.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 28, 2020, 05:25:22 AM
Yep, nothing short of a Fae wish can really be done about Hishaan, and doing that would likely un-make most of the cast.
When we're talking about Fae, Hishaan could probably be restored in the present, but that would be messy in so many other ways.

Dracologist

It's clearly a heartfelt comic, but the dialogue is extremely robotic and unnatural on this page.

AzureEdge

Quote from: Tuyu on March 01, 2020, 01:58:37 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 28, 2020, 05:25:22 AM
Yep, nothing short of a Fae wish can really be done about Hishaan, and doing that would likely un-make most of the cast.
When we're talking about Fae, Hishaan could probably be restored in the present, but that would be messy in so many other ways.
The being displaced in time by several thousand years along would screw with their heads, then there are any possibly broken glass statues and whatnot. Considering the Fae ARE Fae would those who were broken be restored like that with the others around them to see the gore that became of their friends, loved one or even random stranger on the street. It would not be a fun time.Then there is the fact there are obviously Cyra family members there. If Hizell learned of this and got there quick enough he would destroy it all over again just to make sure her clan is all killed off AGAIN. It would indeed be VERY Messy no matter what way you looked at it.

e_voyager

Well Cryra it seems the old adage that grandchildren Say the Darndest Things is quite appropriate here. Daniel's straight for honesty and open emotions are probably a better salve than anything someone else could hope to offer her
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey