2019-10-04 [DMFA#1946] Blood and tears

Started by Tapewolf, October 04, 2019, 08:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Right, so the crystals are of somewhat limited utility compared to the ones in the Blue Volcano.  That makes sense, but it's still impressive.

"Sadly, I do not have the power of a volcano" is an interesting line as well.  It makes you wonder if there's enough power in the Blue Volcano for someone to ascend to tri-wing status.  Not that that would be a good idea, since it's unlikely to go down well among the mythos.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2019, 08:13:24 AM
Right, so the crystals are of somewhat limited utility compared to the ones in the Blue Volcano.  That makes sense, but it's still impressive.

"Sadly, I do not have the power of a volcano" is an interesting line as well.  It makes you wonder if there's enough power in the Blue Volcano for someone to ascend to tri-wing status.  Not that that would be a good idea, since it's unlikely to go down well among the mythos.

Well considering it's a magical Volcano, I wouldn't expect any singular entity living on the planet being more powerful then the natural inner workings of a planet. Especially a planet chuck full  of magic.

But it does make me wonder how having so many magically powerful beings on this planet effects all that? Not to mention how soul sucking and animating the dead would have an effect on the well being of Furrae?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2019, 08:13:24 AM"Sadly, I do not have the power of a volcano" is an interesting line as well.  It makes you wonder if there's enough power in the Blue Volcano for someone to ascend to tri-wing status.  Not that that would be a good idea, since it's unlikely to go down well among the mythos.
There was an external flow as well,  so possibly bathing in the magic could be the method. Getting past the mythos to reach the volcano would be an issue but I assume getting away again post-ascension would be easier.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tuyu

Well, unless you want to assume all mythos like Matilda inhabit just one volcano on Furrae, it may be that all volcanoes on Furrae have something like the crystal ecosystem Matilda came from.

And if that's the case, you're really talking about the magical equivalent of geothermal power. Paging Jyrras, we need you to build a volcano lair, for real.

The One Guy

Quote from: Tuyu on October 05, 2019, 02:53:10 AM
Well, unless you want to assume all mythos like Matilda inhabit just one volcano on Furrae, it may be that all volcanoes on Furrae have something like the crystal ecosystem Matilda came from.

And if that's the case, you're really talking about the magical equivalent of geothermal power. Paging Jyrras, we need you to build a volcano lair, for real.

It should be noted that this page seems to indicate that it is unique among volcanos.  On the other hand, it also states that it is "ranked fourteen in regards to concentrated estoetheric energy," meaning there are 13 places more powerful than it.

e_voyager

Both Matilda and Dan look like they've been gobsmacked. And with good reason he knows his grandma it's magic but to be able to create such things even if they only last a few years it would have massive repercussions for his worldview. Especially knowing how important they are to Matilda and her people now
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey