2019-31-05 Pride

Started by ProfesseurRenard, May 31, 2019, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfesseurRenard

This will be interesting. Apart from Jyras, which characters do you think will show up?

Lying Foo

Well, let's get the obvious ones out of the way - Mink, Biggs, Devin.  Seme (and Siar) if she's not too minor to count.

Beyond that... uh... I feel there's someone really obvious I'm forgetting (...Jakob's still in denial...), but for the life of me...

If I had to guess at "may be a surprise," I think the least surprising "surprise" would be Aary.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Abel is asexual, so It's possible he'll figure in this.
EDIT:
Quote from: Lying Foo on May 31, 2019, 03:35:13 AM
Beyond that... uh... I feel there's someone really obvious I'm forgetting (...Jakob's still in denial...), but for the life of me...

Jakob, I'd be surprised if he counts, being a cameo.  He leans very heavily towards gay, but has spent a while concealing it, not least because he spent a while trying to fit in as a Being in less enlightened areas.  (According to Mab, is it mostly Beings who have a problem with that kind of thing),

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

I'm wondering if Mab will show up too. Also I'm really excited about this arc and really looking forward to it. I hope there's lots of cute too. It's been kinda dark in the comic lately.

[Moderator fail: Hit edit on the wrong post! -TW]
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on May 31, 2019, 03:35:13 AM
Well, let's get the obvious ones out of the way - Mink, Biggs, Devin.  Seme (and Siar) if she's not too minor to count.

If I had to guess at "may be a surprise," I think the least surprising "surprise" would be Aary.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Biggs being trans.

WhyNot?

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 31, 2019, 01:41:35 AM
This will be interesting. Apart from Jyras, which characters do you think will show up?

Now this is half-remembered 'Amber in forums' stuff here so take it with a grain of salt:

Chicki is physically genderless but chooses to be seen as female. (Actually the same could probably be said for Jy's kids honestly.)

Zezzuva is Ace, Fa'Lina is/was a female leaning bisexual and the only answer you'll get from Dimanika is her writing 'Sure!' in the box.

LoneHowler

Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Drakkenmensch

Aary will most likely figure in as bisexual, if her joke at Dan for stealing his girlfriend is any indication. It's possible it was nothing more than a joke, but I could definitely see her as an equal opportunity emotion muncher.

Cassi-kun

Quoar is bi/pan. He's essentially Furrae's version of Cupid, and he's a bard.

Taun is a lesbian because I said so.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

The One Guy

So here's my thoughts on all the characters in the cast page (Note that I'm not automatically eliminating characters who are in or have been in straight relationships as they could still be bi):

Dan: Very Unlikely.
Mab: Possible.
Pip: I don't think he's all too concerned about this sort of thing right now whatever his orientation may be.
Jyrras: Confirmed.
Lorenda: Unlikely.
Wildy: Possible.
Alexi: Very Unlikely.
Abel: Confirmed.
Pyroduck: Unlikely.
Fi: Do Warp-Aci even have the concept of romantic or sexual orientation?  Then again, the title page is a Warp-Aci...
Kria: Possible.
Biggs: Confirmed.  Then again, given that he has become physically male now, it could be argued that that makes him cisgender (and probably straight) now, so...
M.A.C.E & Deathbringer: Have no concept of romantic or sexual orientation.
Matilda: Unlikely.
Dark Pegasus: Possible.
Merlitz: No idea.
Regina: Possible.
Aaryanna: Possible.
Devin: Was gay in life, but undead have no romantic or sexual orientation.
Fa'Lina: Possibly.

Lying Foo

I feel like Kria wouldn't have phrased her "seventeen lesbians" comment the way she did if she were bi.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: The One Guy on June 01, 2019, 02:33:02 PM
Fi: Do Warp-Aci even have the concept of romantic or sexual orientation?  Then again, the title page is a Warp-Aci...

Warp-Aci don't occur naturally in this plane, they are summoned and bound to someone.  If the Warp-Aci is showing such traits, I would expect that to reflect the person they're in service to.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 01, 2019, 04:51:47 PM

Warp-Aci don't occur naturally in this plane, they are summoned and bound to someone.  If the Warp-Aci is showing such traits, I would expect that to reflect the person they're in service to.
Warp-Aci are too busy throwing sweet box parties to worry about things like romance and gender
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Puyon

Biggs: Confirmed.  Then again, given that he has become physically male now, it could be argued that that makes him cisgender (and probably straight) now, so...

Trans people stay trans even after they transition, mate. Even in a magical world where one's entire physiology can be changed to match what they are.
...By Puyon