2019-06-03 Questing

Started by killpurakat, June 07, 2019, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I prefer the term "questing" to "questioning," because questions have answers, but quests can be the answer themselves. And that seems to be Jyrras. He is simply Jyrras! Flee-er of scary sisters, father of bubblegum and cybernetics, seeker of all the cool things!

Totally loving all these, BTW! Can't wait to see what other characters pop up!

And again, I WANT THAT SHIRT!!!

killpurakat

Also, I really identify with not knowing who/what you are, only knowing that others tell you what's "normal" and you not fitting into any of their societal expectations and the extreme depressing feeling of "I'm alone and only and not important and not smart because I'd know exactly if I was any of those things." It's only recently that I found the term "ace" and "aro" and realized that was me... only with the added weirdness of being very sex-positive (but not wanting, thankyouverymuch) and loving BDSM themes/outfits, which is considered decidedly not Ace Aro.

So, for all those questing for answers, don't worry if you never find them or only find part of them. Keep searching if you want, or park your tuckus and watch the sunrises and sunsets and just know that you are HERE and YOU and that matters most!

Tapewolf

I can very much associate with Jyrras' quest here.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

I absolutely love the term Questing, because it has a sense of adventure, of exploring the unknown and also yourself. You don't know what you'll find if anything, but the journey is so very important!

killpurakat

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on June 07, 2019, 09:41:16 AM
I absolutely love the term Questing, because it has a sense of adventure, of exploring the unknown and also yourself. You don't know what you'll find if anything, but the journey is so very important!

So... another part of the reason that I like "questing" is it doesn't have any really negative associations ("you're 'questioning'? Like, you don't just KNOW?! That's stupid!"), but it also matches well with a term someone else told me about changing.

It was on FB and sort of just a little thing, but instead of saying "Man up," which is genderist/sexist and kind of continues the cycle of toxic masculinity ("men are strong and tough and don't care about feelings and so be a man and act that way too"), try saying "Fortitude!" Which is just WAY more awesome, promotes strength against a bad situation, and totally goes with Questing.  :)

Puyon

Quote from: killpurakat on June 07, 2019, 10:16:10 AM

So... another part of the reason that I like "questing" is it doesn't have any really negative associations ("you're 'questioning'? Like, you don't just KNOW?! That's stupid!"), but it also matches well with a term someone else told me about changing.

It was on FB and sort of just a little thing, but instead of saying "Man up," which is genderist/sexist and kind of continues the cycle of toxic masculinity ("men are strong and tough and don't care about feelings and so be a man and act that way too"), try saying "Fortitude!" Which is just WAY more awesome, promotes strength against a bad situation, and totally goes with Questing.  :)

I always love to shout "FORTIFY YOURSELF!!" In situations where people need a little boost in courage. Sounds like a fun spell incantation.

Questing... never heard it used like this before. I saw the thread title and just imagined a DnD-esque party full of all sorts trying to find themselves (which tends to happen in DnD but this time it's just in the gay way).
...By Puyon

Akisohida

Quote from: Puyon on June 07, 2019, 01:51:35 PM

I always love to shout "FORTIFY YOURSELF!!" In situations where people need a little boost in courage. Sounds like a fun spell incantation.

Questing... never heard it used like this before. I saw the thread title and just imagined a DnD-esque party full of all sorts trying to find themselves (which tends to happen in DnD but this time it's just in the gay way).
I dunno what D&D sessions you play, but I've had a few where player characters have found themselves with a fellow player character. :)
Nothing adult ever roleplay'd, just 'Huh. <my character> is in love with <other PC>'. Always said with that wonderment that you know if you're a writer/creator; when your character has grown beyond what you had in mind and become a living being of its own.

And on topic; aren't we all questing? I mean, I take life as one long quest; when I complete one chain, another usually starts. :)
(Or I'm just a huge nerd, but hey; whichever works!)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

killpurakat

Quote from: Akisohida on June 07, 2019, 08:50:16 PM
Quote from: Puyon on June 07, 2019, 01:51:35 PM

I dunno what D&D sessions you play, but I've had a few where player characters have found themselves with a fellow player character. :)
Nothing adult ever roleplay'd, just 'Huh. <my character> is in love with <other PC>'. Always said with that wonderment that you know if you're a writer/creator; when your character has grown beyond what you had in mind and become a living being of its own.

And on topic; aren't we all questing? I mean, I take life as one long quest; when I complete one chain, another usually starts. :)
(Or I'm just a huge nerd, but hey; whichever works!)

I will admit, "questing" came about from a typo, but I liked it waaaaay too much to not use it after that. As Bob Ross would say, it was a"happy little accident."  :3

And while I have actually never played a game of D&D, I have SOOOOOO many D&D dice sets (and dice coins), watch/support non-Hollywood productions that are D&D based (ZOE/DGP are the BEST!), and love D&D stories, so I'm with you on that!

e_voyager

I'm glad Charles hasn't been pigeonholed. I relate to him more than most of the cast believe it or not.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

e_voyager

Yeah I don't know where that came from probably popped up right after I hit send. Then again I did use voice to text to type the post due to the screen size on my cell phone.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ProfesseurRenard

Did you mean to say Jyrras, then?