2018-08-31 [DMFA #1864] Taking it well

Started by Tapewolf, August 31, 2018, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Per the Katbox version: "Once again, you can tell its a fantasy comic because someone can take a week off of work and not get fired or there is any ramifications for doing so.  Ok maybe one could argue it is because Jyrras is a major figurehead in his own company...but one could also argue that being established with a company and a good paying job under 30 is very fantastical as well."

On the other hand it doesn't look like he's going to function properly at work either.  A lot depends on the society and the corporate culture but, especially for a key figured in the company, a week-long leave of absence in exceptional circumstances is doable.    And having his BF nearly murdered in front of him is pretty exceptional.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Aw no my heart can't take seeing Jy-jy this sad  :mowsad

Also on the points made of the fantastical Mark Zuckerberg was a billionaire at 23 years old (apologies for comparing him to Jy in advance). Also I worked for a company that let me take a month off of work for personal trauma. There are places out there run by people who view others as people and not resources to be exploited and if the company was even partially founded by jyrras I'm certain they have rules to allow the same thing.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

llearch n'n'daCorna

IME the people running companies can take a month off to go jerking off on a sailboat somewhere with no notice to anyone. I might be fairly cynical, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

The One Guy

I've taken random weeks off work before and I hold no special position in the company.  Then again, the company I work for provides more time off hours than the norm for America.

Tuyu

So it's been a week, more or less, since the attack. Abel should no longer be in a coma. Wonder if anyone has visited him.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on September 01, 2018, 12:14:46 AM
So it's been a week, more or less, since the attack. Abel should no longer be in a coma. Wonder if anyone has visited him.

That might be a good reason to get Jyrras out of the house.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

Oh wait, that's the next strip.

Yeah, he's not a happy camper.