2018-06-08 [DMFA#1843] - Cut and run

Started by MT Hazard, June 08, 2018, 08:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

So that day was Reg's first kill, also possibly her second and third as well. I do wonder if her boss will point out her mistakes and ways this could have been avoided, but considering her earlier comment about her ex husband I doubt it.

Also interested to see the succubus with Dan's response. (Also, did we ever get her name?)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 08, 2018, 08:19:05 AM
Also interested to see the succubus with Dan's response. (Also, did we ever get her name?)

Paige, she's one of Paladin's characters.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Also interested to see the succubus with Dan's response.

"You weren't listening to Regina tell her side of the story in the other room? 'Cubi are great eavesdroppers."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

CamKitty

Oh look the adventurers Dan tried to warn you about before you hissy fitted and stabbed him and killed a mother for :O

Kalatash

I do wonder if her boss will point out her mistakes and ways this could have been avoided, but considering her earlier comment about her ex-husband I doubt it.

Earlier, she pointed out to Regina that (with one of the criteria used to judge a rampage being "leaving no witnesses") it might be easier for an adolescent demon to just buy some blood somewhere, smear it over themselves, then just claim they killed some dude in an alley. So she has already done that.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Techcubi

...I'm going to regret asking this, but, how even is Regina still here?

Lupi900

Wow i feel sorry for dan, all it took was a naive conversation on creatures and being's getting along. Him warning Regina on adventurers, to hurt him bad and kill few then act like how she was a victim.   

Tuyu

Quote from: Techcubi on June 09, 2018, 02:11:13 PM
Demon.

An inept, teenaged demon is still enough to deal with a team of young being adventurers.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tuyu on June 10, 2018, 03:30:43 AM
Quote from: Techcubi on June 09, 2018, 02:11:13 PM
Demon.

An inept, teenaged demon is still enough to deal with a team of young being adventurers.

Especially two with nothing but a longsword and a basic bow and arrow. Probably no magic either. Makes you wonder why such an ill equipped duo counted as a patrol. Maybe they're short handed.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jasonrevall on June 10, 2018, 03:08:46 PM
Especially two with nothing but a longsword and a basic bow and arrow. Probably no magic either. Makes you wonder why such an ill equipped duo counted as a patrol. Maybe they're short handed.

If you're in a safe area that doesn't get much trouble, you're probably not going to be armed for trouble unless you have specific intelligence that something is happening/about to happen.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2018, 03:17:43 PM
Quote from: Jasonrevall on June 10, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

If you're in a safe area that doesn't get much trouble, you're probably not going to be armed for trouble unless you have specific intelligence that something is happening/about to happen.

I feel areas wouldn't be safe unless they had strong garrisons to begin with in such a hostile world. Otherwise whats to stop this exact thing from happening all the time from cultures that enjoy slaughtering beings? I think the local guild failed in setting these two up on rookie training without giving them a veteran to watch their backs. One with the skill and ability to handle a demon. If this place didn't have more defenders or a better equiped nearby guild and can be shaken with such chaos from a teenager with no experience then it'd be wiped out completely by anyone competent.

Tuyu

Consider the events leading up to Devin's death in Abel's story. There was a garrison, and the patrol weren't newbies, but they all ended up just as dead.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tuyu on June 10, 2018, 09:57:20 PM
Consider the events leading up to Devin's death in Abel's story. There was a garrison, and the patrol weren't newbies, but they all ended up just as dead.

As did many of the demons. Devin's single ice spell took one out and the paladin wasn't confirmed KIA either.

Hariman

Panel four is where Regina loses most of my sympathy.

Most of it, but not all.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!