2018-04-20 [DMFA#1832] - An eye for an eye, a wife for a wife

Started by Tapewolf, April 20, 2018, 05:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Interesting that they're glossing over the fact that Abel was left alive.  That alone should be interesting because it seems to be quite out of character for Hizell.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

"From what my sources have said"???
I guess he couldn't just say "your Warp Aci told me just a moment ago".

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on April 20, 2018, 09:56:38 AM
"From what my sources have said"???
I guess he couldn't just say "your Warp Aci told me just a moment ago".

This is a good point.  It's a fairly safe assumption that he has a spy network, as is known to be the case with Biggs, Hizell, Piflak and the Creature Council at the very least.  Otherwise he'd not have known Abel exists, let alone that he can be found at Lost Lake Inn.

Previously, I had assumed that if he had prior knowledge, he would not have attended at all.  But it's entirely possible that he did know, and the only reason he's bothered to show up is to deliver some kind of message or warning to Piflak.  Or possibly to wangle some other kind of favour from her, as has been vaguely hinted at on this page.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

It never occurred to me until this strip that surviving Clan Leaders besides Seme would have lost their partners in the war as well. Seems a bit obvious though...

I wonder who among the others actually did. We don't know much about any of their personal lives except that Jin lost her sisters.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Zorro

The dead are sort of useless as anything but worm food.

He can always kill him later.

Howl

^ Cool sig.

I've never cared for the writing decision to try to force a joke into every other page. It makes me just want Dimanika to get her head snapped off. It's like if you're watching Double Indemnity, except every so often there's a cutaway gag of Pee Pants the inebriated hobo clown doing something that doesn't fit the mood at all.

justacritic

Newsflash all the wars were setup long ago by ancient human commando agents in revenge for the other races seizing dominion over the planet, wake up sheeple! Honestly, with how convoluted these conspiracies and cloak and dagger actions are going, a sudden plot twist wouldn't be as dramatic anymore

Cassi-kun

Given that Dimanika is there, it does make sense for her to be flapping around the way she is. She's a prankster, a weirdo, and aware of the fourth wall. It may be annoying but it's in her nature to be this way. Plus the "wacky cut-away" puts an end to the existing scene without having to follow the conversation through to completion.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tuyu

Seems almost like he's feeling out whether Piflak knows about Abel already.

I was going to say maybe he doesn't want to reveal his interest in Abel, but it shouldn't be hard for Piflak to find out about a Hizell attack on a 'cubi. That piece of information alone will lead her to Abel. So it seems for some reason he wants her to do that digging herself.

nevwyn

I for one wish to know more about the conspiracy going on about post office dragons breaking all my packages. Does Mister Hand have a newsletter I can subscribe to.

The One Guy

Well, if Hizell's spy is listening in, there's no hiding who he's talking about now.  They better hope either he isn't around or Hizell learning this is part of Quoar's plan...

Akisohida

Quote from: The One Guy on April 21, 2018, 11:29:28 AM
Well, if Hizell's spy is listening in, there's no hiding who he's talking about now.  They better hope either he isn't around or Hizell learning this is part of Quoar's plan...

Or maybe Dimanika is distracting any scrying the same way she's distracing us, the readers. In fact, we may be viewing this through a scrying.

I mean, Dimanika DOES break the fourth wall..and probably every wall from 1-10.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Hoodoo

The rambunctious little mouse serves a perfect foil for Amber's plot here. Considering DMFA has never strayed far from a joke, I think Dimanika serves that purpose much more cleanly than a cutaway to Amber's persona making a joke, or the characters actually having the serious discussion segway in a joke to their conversation.

Frankly, I've found her lovable and brilliant in every strip she's been in so far!

The One Guy

Quote from: Akisohida on April 21, 2018, 07:18:37 PM
Quote from: The One Guy on April 21, 2018, 11:29:28 AM

Or maybe Dimanika is distracting any scrying the same way she's distracing us, the readers. In fact, we may be viewing this through a scrying.

I mean, Dimanika DOES break the fourth wall..and probably every wall from 1-10.

Hizell isn't scrying on the party (and there may very well be wards to prevent that), he sent an actual spy to the party, remember?  That said, the spy could very well still be distracted in his own way.

KathYohneke

is it bad that I feel I'd fit in perfectly with Dimanika's lot?  :mowtongue