2017-07-21 [DMFA #1770] Not good

Started by Tapewolf, July 21, 2017, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That could end poorly.  Pyroduck could take 'em, but it still means that the Inn is staked out by Hizell, and Dan is liable to be sent to him in kit form the moment he arrives.
Again, the subject of whether Hizell's law applies in Lost Lake territory rears its ugly head, and how Alexsi is going to handle adventurers sent to murder her stepmother, brother and probably her too - just in case.
If they spot that Cyra clan mark on Dan's bed, there will be Trouble.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Titanium Dragon

Hizell already knows that Dan is at Lost Lake, I think, via his scrying, but also knows that Mab (a fae) is there. I suspect that messing with a fae is above Hizell's pay grade, as he isn't a "proper" dragon.

It is rather amusing that Dark Pegasus is helping Dan out. It will be interesting to see how much of an effect this has on Dan's grudge on DP.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on July 21, 2017, 08:03:24 AM
Hizell already knows that Dan is at Lost Lake, I think, via his scrying, but also knows that Mab (a fae) is there.

As a child of Cyra, Dan is likely be protected from scrying (see 422).  Though if that caused a dead spot in the inn while he was there, that alone would be a sign that something interesting is going on.  I would be surprised if Hizell is aware of Dan yet, but the way things are heading it looks like that might change very soon.

It is rather amusing that Dark Pegasus is helping Dan out. It will be interesting to see how much of an effect this has on Dan's grudge on DP.

Well, I believe he's already reached a truce with DP... who seems eager to ally with Cyra against Hizell, strangely enough.   So Dark Peg might even give Dan a free pass after he learns that he's not an item with Lorenda.  The more fun thing is how Wildy's grudge against Regina will pan out once she realises DP is on the same side as Biggs.

MT Hazard

That troubling moment when your estranged father sends minions at you.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

The One Guy

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2017, 06:22:02 AM
Fa'Lina took that with her when she first took Dan to the academy (#494).  We can even see in the first panel of #1209 that it's still missing from where it was hanging.

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on July 21, 2017, 08:03:24 AM
Hizell already knows that Dan is at Lost Lake, I think, via his scrying, but also knows that Mab (a fae) is there.
He knows that Abel was there, but we still don't know if he knows anything about Dan.  That doesn't mean he doesn't know it's somewhere of importance, though, even if he doesn't know why.  At the very least he knows Abel has friends there, and he also knows Pyroduck is there...

Tapewolf

Quote from: The One Guy on July 21, 2017, 04:24:45 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2017, 06:22:02 AM
Fa'Lina took that with her when she first took Dan to the academy (#494).  We can even see in the first panel of #1209 that it's still missing from where it was hanging.

I missed that.  Good call, and good news for Dan.

justacritic

For all we know the minion is there to dump wyrgild for losing Alexsi a worker for the time being

Rafe

Why Hizell's minion is standing in front of Pyroduck with a harpoon is an interesting question, and a very ominous visual reminder of how serious things are getting here.

One thing I was reminded of is that the Fae have no fear of such weapons.  Being powerful inter-dimensional beings, they have no effect on them, although Mab seems to have an obsession about using harpoons on those she doesn't like (rarely, of course).  Seeing Mab get serious and violent is one of the most awe inspiring things in the DMFA universe.  Maybe we'll see something like that happen in this story arc. Mab does seem to be protective of her friends lately, looming ominously over the inn and all.  I guess we'll see if she gets involved.

Rafe

Tuyu

The comic that showed Hizell stopping because Mab was at the Inn gave me the impression it was the first time he'd scryed there--after all, Mab's there a lot (is she still living in Dan's closet?) so if he'd scryed there before it would've been pretty lucky for him that Mab wasn't there. And he may have only tried scrying there because he was backtracking Abel.

Cassi-kun

I believe Destania had multiple motives in directing Hizell to Lost Lake. If he acted without caution, Mab would get him. Since he didn't, he is now a threat to Abel. Dee also considers Alexsi expendable now as "a traitor" for dating Pyro, which is all the more reason to stir up trouble at Lost Lake.

I think it's going to start making a difference, soon, what approach Dee takes regarding allies of Dan that she considers her own enemies.

Also, Hizell doesn't consider Pyro his son, having given him the task of killing 500 Cubi just to consider recognizing Pyro as being his. So Hizell is likely unconcerned about Pyro getting caught in the crosshairs.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Grey Wolf

Cyra's marking is also on Alexi's bed.

I'm also not 100% sold on Destania actually not caring about Alexi. If the Blunt Object Brigade hadn't gotten the jump on her, Alexi likely would have crushed them. I am, however, about 95% sold on Destania believing herself not to care about her adoptive/stepdaughter.
I'd like to see Destania's reaction witnessing a Alexi with a near-fatal injury. See how that plays out.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.