Etherium (Forum RPG as of Page 3, Call For Interest, OOC Thread)

Started by Aisha deCabre, June 08, 2017, 03:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techcubi

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Techcubi on August 06, 2017, 07:14:41 PM
Lets just have it be a forum game.

Alrighty then, the consensus has spoken. x3

I'm going on vacation from Thursday until Sunday; I've been running around like a headless chicken and haven't been finding the motivation or time to prepare this much...so when I come back, this thread will be the OOC/General Interest Thread, and I shall make the IC thread.  Anyone else who's wanted to play before but couldn't because of time constraints, now can if they so choose. x3

Still though, this will start off as a short adventure, and maybe even a start to a bigger story if it goes well.

The show WILL GO ON. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Sounds good! And just as a heads up my time will likely be taken up from August 16th-21st, but I will try my best to stop in and post. :) (Convention and family coming over - it'll be a thing! Oy!)

Aisha deCabre

Alrighty then, I'm back and about ready!  Just one more thing to do before we start this thing: Techcubi's character sheet, which, I'm very sorry to keep putting off helping to fill it...I thought I'd have a hand, but of course things kept coming up...but now this actually works better XD so all you need to do is post some very simplified general info about your character:

Name

Race

Class (This is still gonna be taken from the book and RPG system; go ahead and include your class power, it'll probably come in handy RP-wise)

Appearance

Inventory and Weapons (Go ahead and purchase these from the book you have, and remember you have a set amount of money to do so)

Backstory/history (Which, if you haven't figured it out, is fine; the first test adventure can be used for inspiration)

Spells (If any, and list your elements)

Qwex and Sprocket, you two don't have to fill that out; I have your completed character sheets, so that works well.  Qwex, please do list whatever items/weapons you want to have in inventory, as we still haven't done that yet, and we'll see if it's doable.

As in forum games, in combat against NPCs, remember to only attempt every action you do; I'll be the one to decide if it succeeds.  Same rule applies to if you get in combat with each other (hopefully this won't happen, but conflicts can arise, and it's all part of the fun in RPing), except it'll be you deciding the success of hits, so instead of rolling, just dictate your moves, and no god-modding or twinking, and if conflicts arise between players IRL, don't take it out on each other in the game; talk it out in PMs or here in the OOC thread (where, by the way, OOC chatter stays).  Of course, I shouldn't have to explain the rules to you good players, but it's good form for me to mention it anyway to dissuade confusion. :3

And I'm keeping it an open RP for now; peeps who want to join (or re-join), here's your chance!  Any questions, just post here or PM me, and we'll try and make this a fun game.

Everybody still here?  Anyone who's absent from posting in the RP for...I'll give them two weeks, without a post in the OOC as to why they'll be absent, will be considered AWOL; and in-game, lost or dead.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Qwex1

I'm still in. Haven't done my equipment yet but will do soon.
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Sprocketsdance

OY! Oy yes, I'm still in. Sorry - convention BS is finally over and done with sooooooooooo I'll have a lot more time to be around. XD

Aisha deCabre

Awesome then =) I'm gonna see if I can't finally post up the IC thread one week from now.  I'm giving everybody who needs to get whatever's missing together in that time.

Also, since I still have her character sheet and there's room for a PC of my own, I thought I'd revive and tweak Sarada from my first time playing a Dodeca System game and fit her into this little adventure. x3  This may also serve as an example template for the info chart:

Name: Sarada Mezchen

Race: Werewolf

Class: Rogue, Class Powers Dodge, Sneak, and Guile

Appearance: A young and average-height (5'6'') woman, rather lanky and thin (one would almost mistake her for underfed) but swift-looking, with silvery hair and green eyes; she wears very casual clothes: a slightly-frayed t-shirt and ripped jeans.  In her wolf form, she has darker silver fur with a thin white line going from beneath her chin and down her underside.

Inventory and Weapons: Going on an adventure she will wear padded leather armor with an official EPD badge on the front.  When not on duty she wears a quiver of arrows and wields a bow, and has a dagger in a hidden sheath on her belt for close encounters.

Backstory/History/Disadvantages: Sarada was born and raised to human parents in a small community fairly south of Etherium; living in a woodland town, she was raised to the way of the bow and became a fair markswoman throughout her youth.  One evening when she was a teenager she was kidnapped for reasons unknown even to her...her captors hadn't gone far into the woods however when they stumbled upon a large wolf that proceeded to attack them...though she was saved, she was bitten in the confusion and fell unconscious under the full moon's rising, waking up the next day only to discover the bloodied remains of her captors; it was confirmed that she'd ended the fight.  Her involvement was kept secret from the town and luckily, the local wolves in apology of the accident offered to teach the unfortunate werewolf victim their ways, even to the begrudging acceptance of her family.  While she can use her feral wolf form quite well, she's always been afraid to face her lycanthrope form during the full moons and just tries to stay as far away from civilization as possible, thus she's not very good at controlling it.  Because of the trauma of the kidnapping and the lycanthropy, Sarada rarely ever sleeps at night for fear that something would happen that she can't handle.

As an adult, she decided to work to live with these fears by moving to the accepting and welcoming city of Etherium and becoming one of their many werewolf officers, where today she's an officer-in-training; she's not yet allowed to wield a gun, but her bow works as a good substitute.  She's very serious and sometimes confrontational, but focused when she needs to be and constantly has to remind herself that she doesn't always have to be in control.  What few friends she has, she's loyal to them to a fault.

Spells: No magic

We don't need to be as thorough with an inventory as we would in a tabletop game, but make sure you DO keep track of what you get and lose, as well.  Never know what could turn into a McGuffin. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Alrighty peeps, I've been patient enough...I'm sure my players have been, too. x3

Techcubi seems to have disappeared, I haven't received a reply either here or to my PM, so for now he's not gonna be starting with the group.  I can find a way to fit him in somewhere if he does want to return.  And Qwex, don't worry about your equipment list; there may be an opportunity to buy some in-game if you please later. =)  You'll just need the clothes on your back.

So with a total of two players (and a GM-controlled one), let the game begin. =)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Hmm.. how are dice rolls going to be handled in this format? honor system? I just roll and tell you if I make it? (btw, level 1 light spell I made with a roll of 11 >.>).

Aisha deCabre

Dice rolls honestly don't work in this format, unless the forum has a randomizer code that we don't know about. x3 I was gonna forego them entirely, to be honest; forum roleplay just keeps the best part of roleplay and cooperative storytelling without the nitty-gritty roll-for-everything.  So if you have a power, you can use it. :3

Combat's trickier for that, though...you have to attempt all your attacks and hope that the other player lets them land, and it becomes an interesting mind game (that is if neither player is a god-modder). x3  Luckily you'll only be fighting NPCs, so maybe we can work out a system where you attack, I roll...we'll see.  At this rate it'll be a while before we get to the combat. XD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Aha! Makes sense - thanks! (I'll edit my post a bit then :3 )

Darkmoon

Well, and you could always schedule a time to handle combat situations (or the like) in the Rollz rooms like you were talking, and then come back here (with a bit of a recap via the GOD, Aisha) saying what happened for anyone just reading along. Bit of the best of both worlds there. ;)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aisha deCabre

I could, but it's hard to schedule anyone to come in at the same time on Rolz, as is the reason this is now a forum game...though perhaps since Rolz saves conversations, everyone can just come in there and roll on their own time. XD There's a thought.  We can do that.

Also, sorry I'm being lax on posting, but I like for both players to get in one post between mine.  Qwex, where be you? :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.