Etherium (Forum RPG as of Page 3, Call For Interest, OOC Thread)

Started by Aisha deCabre, June 08, 2017, 03:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techcubi

Alright, yeah, I'll take a fillable PDF sheet, please.

Also, do I actually need any of the Dodeca books to play, or-?

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Techcubi on July 10, 2017, 04:07:07 PM
Alright, yeah, I'll take a fillable PDF sheet, please.

Also, do I actually need any of the Dodeca books to play, or-?

Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7ep5vq19amdgoq/game_character_sheet_10_print.pdf?dl=0  It should be fillable, Qwex was able to do it at least.

And...well, no and yes...it's pretty easy to get the hang of, and not altogether hard to just go through filling the sheet out step-by-step; we'll do that when we next meet.  But it's worth looking into if you wanna get into the dynamics of the system. :3  And probably quite a bit more helpful to me if players have the book handy to look up things. x3 But, like I said, you don't NEED it immediately.  I just built my world based on the system.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

Alright. So, would it be a good idea for me to get some version of 'There's a Game in This Book'? And, if so, which one?

Darkmoon

1.5 is what's available currently. We still offer tech support on 1.0 but it's not officially on sale anymore.

http://www.dodecasystem.com/?page=theres_a_game_15
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aisha deCabre

I in fact have just ordered a couple of the appropriate books. :D The older character sheet is enough for me to use until I get much more acquainted with 1.5.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 10, 2017, 08:06:54 PM
1.5 is what's available currently. We still offer tech support on 1.0 but it's not officially on sale anymore.

http://www.dodecasystem.com/?page=theres_a_game_15

Well, I did find that before, but...

Guess I might have not been that perceptive regarding the scroll down stuff when I was looking at the site before, or just wasn't focusing enough. XD

So, is the digital version in a PDF format, or-?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 10, 2017, 09:20:08 PM
I in fact have just ordered a couple of the appropriate books. :D The older character sheet is enough for me to use until I get much more acquainted with 1.5.

I have, in fact, just emailed your PDFs to you. ;) Let me know if they don't show up for some reason.

Quote from: Techcubi on July 10, 2017, 11:13:22 PM
So, is the digital version in a PDF format, or-?

Yepper. PDF. Easiest that way. ;)

Techcubi

...Okay, actually, there might be a problem.

@Darkmoon I don't suppose you guys are going to accept Paypal in the very, very near future, are you?

Edit: Actually, nevermind, issue seems to have been resolved, and, I should be able to buy it soon.

Darkmoon

We do have a PayPal account yes. We just don't have it tied in to our online store.

Sprocketsdance

Noon on Sunday is good for me! Sorry that Merlin won't be able to play :c  I mean, I could really try for a late Saturday night game if'n other people want to...

Qwex1

I'll be away this weekend so I can't participate then.

Quote from: Sprocketsdance on July 12, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Noon on Sunday is good for me! Sorry that Merlin won't be able to play :c  I mean, I could really try for a late Saturday night game if'n other people want to...
I'd like to not be awake in the middle of the night so unless you mean like 2 am EDT (wich is your timezone Aisha) I would be against. I don't know your timezone Sprocketsdance but for those I do know I think about 8 am EDT would work best.
https://time.is/compare/0000_15_July_2017_in_EDT/Sweden/Australia
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Qwex1 on July 14, 2017, 04:58:13 PM
I'll be away this weekend so I can't participate then.

Quote from: Sprocketsdance on July 12, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
I'd like to not be awake in the middle of the night so unless you mean like 2 am EDT (wich is your timezone Aisha) I would be against. I don't know your timezone Sprocketsdance but for those I do know I think about 8 am EDT would work best.
https://time.is/compare/0000_15_July_2017_in_EDT/Sweden/Australia

Not a problem, Qwex =) We've pretty much done the meat of your character sheet already, so we can hammer out any nails come the beginning of the adventure.  Heck, this gives you time to think of a backstory for your creation too. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

Alright, so, got the PDFs for both the 1.5 game and sheet.

I could try just using paint to do sheet pages.

Sprocketsdance

Aight. Treat me like I'm super simple here (because I'm kinda super simple  :U) How is this all going down? I see the Rolz site, but what room do we use? (and I'm sorry if I missed it mentioned in the thread earlier) and does it have a voice chat feature? Are we using voice chat? And we're still starting tomorrow at noon EST?

I just don't want to miss things agian XD

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Sprocketsdance on July 15, 2017, 09:08:29 PM
Aight. Treat me like I'm super simple here (because I'm kinda super simple  :U) How is this all going down? I see the Rolz site, but what room do we use? (and I'm sorry if I missed it mentioned in the thread earlier) and does it have a voice chat feature? Are we using voice chat? And we're still starting tomorrow at noon EST?

I just don't want to miss things agian XD

Heh, alright, I'll give the run-down. :3 On the Rolz page, just go to where it says put down your nickname and the room name (which is Etherium, there's no password or anything, it'll take you right there).  It doesn't have voice chat, just text...I asked (or implied asking) back when I first introduced the concept whether or not people would like to voice-chat over Skype or, now, Discord...but since I never got an answer to that extent, I figured that people just want me to do all the deciding, so I chose Rolz. x3

But now, if you guys want to voice chat, and have the means, then we can go on Discord and just use Rolz to roll the virtual D12 (and generate names and whatever else it can be used for x3).  I don't mind either way.  Voice chatting would make it feel like a real-time game, but on the other hand I might have a bit of stage fright, as it's my first time DMing. XD  It's equal-equal for me.

Please, lovely players, don't be shy to input your thoughts; I want this to be a fun game for everyone and have everyone participate and agree. =)

But now, as for the time...yes, noon on Sundays EST is the current plan for gaming times.  But, I have a bit of bad news; we can't do it THIS Sunday, AKA technically today at the time of this post, because I'm suddenly having my time all day devoted to helping run some important errands, plus it's my brother's birthday. x3  I thought I'd have lunchtime to myself, but, no such luck.

I'm terribly sorry. :< If there's any time during the week we can get together for character-sheeting, if you want, I'm all for it...otherwise, that's been moved to next Sunday, same time.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Thanks for the run-down! I'm totally good with using Discord for voice stuff. Delaying the game by a week actually works out really well for me (still recuperating from last weekend). Want me to just send you a PDF of my character sheet once I'm done, then you can just tell me if it's good or not? I don't feel like we really need to meet 1:1 for it - just figure emailing it could suffice (but let me know if I'm off base!)

Techcubi

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Sprocketsdance on July 16, 2017, 07:34:15 AM
Thanks for the run-down! I'm totally good with using Discord for voice stuff. Delaying the game by a week actually works out really well for me (still recuperating from last weekend). Want me to just send you a PDF of my character sheet once I'm done, then you can just tell me if it's good or not? I don't feel like we really need to meet 1:1 for it - just figure emailing it could suffice (but let me know if I'm off base!)

Nah, you're perfectly on base :3 And thanks for understanding; sure, you can go ahead and send it!  My email's in my profile, or if you have Dropbox, you can just send the link.

Quote from: Techcubi on July 16, 2017, 09:06:11 AM
Let's just go with text-based stuff.

Alright then. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

Alright, so, I'll be out at about the scheduled time, so, how about we do a character making session the Sunday after?

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Techcubi on July 22, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
Alright, so, I'll be out at about the scheduled time, so, how about we do a character making session the Sunday after?

The Sunday after...you mean next Sunday? x3 I was just about to remind everyone to meet in roughly 11-and-a-half hours from the time of this post...I feel kinda like this has been delayed enough.  We can do your character sheet the next Sunday, if that's what you prefer, but I'd like everyone else to meet me in the Rollz room tomorrow to make sure we know where we are and that all the players are up to speed...and if you CAN come tomorrow, filling out the sheet can go quickly enough, and maybe we can start the adventure. :3

As for Sprocket, I got your character sheet, everything looks pretty good! ^.^  And you don't have to hammer out a backstory right away; this first little foray can just be fun and a good way for you guys to get inspiration. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Aisha deCabre

Alright, time for the weekly roll call :3 I think Qwex might still be out of town; Techcubi, are you down to have a character-making session, same time as has been dictated?
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

I'll be there for the character making session, yeah.

What's the room again, though?

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Techcubi on July 30, 2017, 02:59:00 AM
I'll be there for the character making session, yeah.

What's the room again, though?

The room name is Etherium, here on Rolz. :3 Just enter the nickname you want to use and the room name, you'll be right there.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

Aisha deCabre

Heh, I'm not sure to be honest; haven't heard back from Qwex yet...Techcubi, do you want to join us in the Rolz room tomorrow, and we can iron out the details of your sheet together finally? x3

Honestly, I'm starting to think that this might be better off as a forum game, as DMoon suggested in Rolz; character sheets will still be relevant once we're in combat and to keep track of points and such, but I'm sure everything else, like navigating the rooms and solving puzzles and RPing, can be done by post.  And that way, peeps can find a good time to make their turn. :3

Also, whether or not we'll get anything done tomorrow, there won't be one next Sunday I'm afraid, as I'll probably be on the road back from a vacation by noon. x3 Thought I'd let you guys know.  :)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Techcubi

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on August 06, 2017, 12:26:02 AM
Heh, I'm not sure to be honest; haven't heard back from Qwex yet...Techcubi, do you want to join us in the Rolz room tomorrow, and we can iron out the details of your sheet together finally? x3

Honestly, I'm starting to think that this might be better off as a forum game, as DMoon suggested in Rolz; character sheets will still be relevant once we're in combat and to keep track of points and such, but I'm sure everything else, like navigating the rooms and solving puzzles and RPing, can be done by post.  And that way, peeps can find a good time to make their turn. :3

Also, whether or not we'll get anything done tomorrow, there won't be one next Sunday I'm afraid, as I'll probably be on the road back from a vacation by noon. x3 Thought I'd let you guys know.  :)

Alright, expect me in the room tomorrow.

Sprocketsdance

I may be slightly late - we have to go grocery shopping (there's nothing left in the house to eat.. poor planning) -_-

Angel

So stoked to see a new game for the first time in ever! I'm on vacation now and likely won't have time to play any tabletop games for a while, unfortunately. Too much on my plate at the moment. But I WILL keep tabs on this though. Grats, Aisha!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Guys, I'm SO sorry I was late for this one. >.< I had set my alarm to get up about a half-hour before noon my time, but we seemed to have a power outage in the morning, and everything was off.  I slept until 2...I feel I may have woken up a couple of times and just gone back under again, simply not remembering what day it was.  I got up immediately once I realized what time it was, and the room was empty.

This one's my bad, I feel terrible.

Techcubi, I think we'll just start doing your sheet over PMs, and then I'll start up a forum game, unless anyone has any complaints/doesn't mind starting the game proper the Sunday after next.

And thanks, Angel!  Nice to see you around again. =)  If we do go ahead on Rolz, you can be a part of the peanut gallery if you want. x3

But again, I'm sorry guys.  :<  Some fun the universe wants me to have...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.