2017-03-10 [DMFA #1737] Grave implications a-coming...

Started by killpurakat, March 10, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I'm reading that tombstone correctly, right?  Abel's mom? :erk

So... maybe that wasn't just a dream for the heck of it? Abel and Pip may have a connection that I doubt anyone suspected...!  :eager

BTW, Amber, I for one am much more interested in this right now. The exposition is certainly not dragon down the story.  :P

ZacAttac21

Yeah, screw the club. This is much more interesting. The plot thickens... :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: killpurakat on March 10, 2017, 03:54:27 AM
So... maybe that wasn't just a dream for the heck of it? Abel and Pip may have a connection that I doubt anyone suspected...!  :eager

Remember, 'Cubi can manipulate dreams.  And Pip is clearly far more powerful than a 'Cubi.

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 10, 2017, 04:17:41 AM

Interesting can be a curse.  Boring is at least safe...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2017, 04:30:49 AM
Quote from: killpurakat on March 10, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

Remember, 'Cubi can manipulate dreams.  And Pip is clearly far more powerful than a 'Cubi.

I thought Pip was stripped of his power, though?

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2017, 04:30:49 AM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 10, 2017, 04:17:41 AM

Interesting can be a curse.  Boring is at least safe...

Yes, but boring is also boring. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 10, 2017, 04:39:46 AM

Good point.  That said, he can still talk, and he still seems to be omniscient in Mab's pocket Fae realm.  It's possible that he's stripped of the power to change things physically, but screwing with people's dreams was considered harmless enough to let slide.

Given what we now know, I'd need convincing that it was an entirely natural dream.

Cassi-kun

*cue internal screaming*

Also, I can't quite remember how it went, but I had dreams about the comic again haha. Something about another character insisting that Abel either wasn't asexual because he was dating Jy, or that he had to have sex with Jy regardless of his interest.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Wanderer

Amber, do you seriously not know your readers? This sort of thing is what we live for! Who cares about some boring club thing. More exposition and revelations, please!

Anyway, what could Pip's connection possibly be to Abel's mother/family?

Surzsha

Quote from: Wanderer on March 10, 2017, 01:32:43 PM
Amber, do you seriously not know your readers? This sort of thing is what we live for! Who cares about some boring club thing. More exposition and revelations, please!

Aaand cue scene change!

All jokes aside, looks like Amber's gonna have her readers breathing down her neck again with this tidbit if foreshadowing (you'd think she'd learn after doing this so many times). I'm still not entirely sure who this is implying to be- no one from the side story comes to mind who I feel could fit the bill -but my money's on a character who either hadn't been introduced yet or had only been barely hinted at, elsewhere.

Viking ZX

Well, that definitively answers that question ... but as always, raises more.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

justacritic

...I don't like the look in Pip's eye. It promises trouble, hunger for brains sort of trouble.

Hariman

Quote from: justacritic on March 10, 2017, 06:22:08 PM
...I don't like the look in Pip's eye. It promises trouble, hunger for brains sort of trouble.

Pip has a short list of enemies, because he never lets it get long.

I remember Pip saying that he wanted to regain his power and get revenge on the person who trapped him in his smaller form.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

KathYohneke

gah I dont even remember the Pip dream thing! *frantically goes through the archive*

Cassi-kun

As usual I can't remember where these things are located, but there's a series of character trivia bits and if I'm remembering this right, Pip's greatest regret was listed as either "not killing her" or "not killing her sooner."

Assuming that "sooner" was in fact part of it, I naturally couldn't help but wonder if he was involved in May's death... Started reading through Abel's Story again to see if I could find any hints, and, my mind being what it is, flipped onto "OH MY GOD DID PIP KILL CINDY!?" If Cindy's funeral hadn't been that day, several other deaths could have been avoided, and the circumstances of Abel's awakening as a Cubi would likely have been a bit less traumatic.

I also wonder why Abel hasn't been to May's grave yet. I'd forgotten about it until this comic, but it was something that crossed my mind when he ran into Kria at the mall.

Tony

I'm not sure what to make of this, but my god, I am okay with taking more of a break from the club if it means some more of this. Oh, dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on March 11, 2017, 02:09:22 AM
As usual I can't remember where these things are located, but there's a series of character trivia bits and if I'm remembering this right, Pip's greatest regret was listed as either "not killing her" or "not killing her sooner."

It was Taun who regretted not killing Owona, I think.

Either way, this is what you're looking for:
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4796612/#cid:34540381
...the last line is particularly interesting in retrospect.

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2017, 04:50:03 AM

Good point.  That said, he can still talk, and he still seems to be omniscient in Mab's pocket Fae realm.  It's possible that he's stripped of the power to change things physically, but screwing with people's dreams was considered harmless enough to let slide.

Given what we now know, I'd need convincing that it was an entirely natural dream.

I recall, per Mab's deal/bet/something: Mab has unlimited power, but is not omniscient(inside Furrae). Pip has no power, but IS omniscient. All the time. He's aware of everything ever, but only has that drake body to affect things with.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 11, 2017, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on March 11, 2017, 02:09:22 AM

It was Taun who regretted not killing Owona, I think.

Either way, this is what you're looking for:
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4796612/#cid:34540381
...the last line is particularly interesting in retrospect.
Ah. I'm a silly person, then. And it is indeed. Looks like Pip's back story is starting to come up at last.

Amber Williams

Everyone seems to think that Pip's lack of power and Mab's lack of omniscience is somehow something they agreed upon with one another.  All Mab has said is "That's the rules".

Cassi-kun

*peeps at link*

*re-reads that arc*

...so Pip is trying to get people killed, though. Or at least, finger-quotes, "trying" to get them killed.

It is still curious that Pip would be at May's grave. This would seem to imply that the "game" he's been playing with Mab has been a long one. Or, he's got something unfriendly in store for Abel. Again.

CandleJack41

There was also the mention WAY back in the SAIA arc about Fa'lina being one of Mab's first friends in this dimension and in the reader's questions that she used the boon Mab gave her to create SAIA.

So it's conceivable that this has been a long running 'game' with her and Pip, and perhaps that Abel and Dan have more important roles in it than they know, especially since Pip and Mab had another conversation about a possible future revelation that may result in Dan 'hating' her. So it's all very curious (I'll see if I can find the links)

[url=

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2017, 04:50:03 AM

But also, Pip really didn't seem to know what provoked Abel, in his secret conversation with Mab.  If he has some connection to Abel's past, maybe it's the result of something he did in the past, not something he did right then.