12/5/2016 [DMFA #1715] Didn't see that coming! The end of SAIA!? Ominous indeed!

Started by PalmettoPaladin, December 05, 2016, 03:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 07, 2016, 07:16:31 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2016, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 07, 2016, 02:39:42 PM
Though the proverbial red carpet lasted fifty miles, apparently.

That's an interesting point.  I was assuming that meant the hypothetical anchor-point would be within a 50-mile radius of Lost Lake...  But that might actually mean it's much closer.
It's quite possible that the 50 miles of the red route marks the extent of her realm, especially if she's using her power to selectively enable/disable the guide through the labyrinth and only allow harmless interlopers.  We don't actually know how big the Academy's pocket dimension is.

This theory is a set of stacked assumptions, so it's not as substantial as I'd like.  I kind of hope it's wrong, because if the Academy grounds are 50 miles in diameter, it's liable to overlap with Zinvth and that would be a Bad Thing.

It would also be easier to just assume that Photophie was pulling a random number out of her ear. Much like a person who says "I slept for 80 years" to indicate "I slept a lot"
But but but that would be logic!

And also explain how it didn't take days to make the trip.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

PalmettoPaladin

Well the great Amber has spoken! 

Also I would have had post up sooner but I got busy watching Designated Survivor!  Such an awesome show!

Anyhow, that look on Dan's face summed up what we are all feeling after what Taun said about Fa'Lina.

But hopefully Dan will resolve whatever issues happen especially given the fact that all hell is about to break loose.  And excuse my language too. 

I must ask though on how I titled this topic: is there a set rule for how a topic related to one of the comic pages is done or can it be anything as long as it relates to the comic page?

Tapewolf

Quote from: PalmettoPaladin on December 08, 2016, 12:35:20 AM
I must ask though on how I titled this topic: is there a set rule for how a topic related to one of the comic pages is done or can it be anything as long as it relates to the comic page?

We generally use the format:  DATE [DMFA #pagenumber] - Comment
...where 'DMFA' would be 'AS' or 'Matilda' or something else if you're commenting on a side-comic instead.  There's no agreed-on date format but I usually try to use ISO since it's unambiguous - what you've put here could mean the 12th of May, or the 5th of December depending on where in the world you are, whereas YYYY-MM-DD is pretty hard to misinterpret.

With the comment, it doesn't matter.  I usually attempt to do something witty, refer to something obscure to see if anyone gets it, or else just put any old thing if I run out of ideas.  As long as it's not obscene it shouldn't be a problem.  That said, it might be worth not including major spoilers... People might see the post title before the comic.  Sometimes that's how I've seen that it's updated, after all.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Soooo... basically this is Harry Potter now and Dumbledor has the curse in his hand.

Fa'lina should just yank Hizel in there just before it pops up and then trigger self-destruct! 

Or collapse it... collapsing microverses is pretty easy.  Everything within is annihilated.

(Alondro, plotting destruction on a universal scale since 1976...)   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 07, 2016, 07:16:31 PM

That's an interesting point.  I was assuming that meant the hypothetical anchor-point would be within a 50-mile radius of Lost Lake...  But that might actually mean it's much closer.
It's quite possible that the 50 miles of the red route marks the extent of her realm, especially if she's using her power to selectively enable/disable the guide through the labyrinth and only allow harmless interlopers.  We don't actually know how big the Academy's pocket dimension is.

This theory is a set of stacked assumptions, so it's not as substantial as I'd like.  I kind of hope it's wrong, because if the Academy grounds are 50 miles in diameter, it's liable to overlap with Zinvth and that would be a Bad Thing.

It would also be easier to just assume that Photophie was pulling a random number out of her ear. Much like a person who says "I slept for 80 years" to indicate "I slept a lot"

*Charline takes it literally... for reasons*  I slept for 12,000 years before my ancient soul inhabited the body of a 7-year old boy dying from severe bacterial pneumonia.  He desired to live, and I granted this boon... with the catch that at his 50th birthday I would take over completely and fulfill my mother Sekhmet's goal of ridding the world of the human race!  BWAH HA HA HA HA!! :mwaha

(Charline's such a crazy lil kitty.)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Prroul

Quote from: Alondro on December 08, 2016, 05:56:29 PM
Soooo... basically this is Harry Potter now and Dumbledor has the curse in his hand.

Fa'lina should just yank Hizel in there just before it pops up and then trigger self-destruct! 

Or collapse it... collapsing microverses is pretty easy.  Everything within is annihilated.

Actually, I could almost see that...

Fa'Lina evacuates SAIA as her power begins to wane. After the evacuation is complete, she 'accidentally lets' the protection barriers slip, where Hizel can see it. Hizel shows up and gloats "So, have you come to embrace your death?" To which her response would be "No, I've come to embrace our death", and *boop*, no more dimension. No more Hizel. No more Fa'Lina. Makes a sacrifice play with her last bit of energy, removing the most dangerous opponent on the board with her. It's something I could see her doing.

PalmettoPaladin

Quote from: Prroul on December 10, 2016, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: Alondro on December 08, 2016, 05:56:29 PM

Actually, I could almost see that...

Fa'Lina evacuates SAIA as her power begins to wane. After the evacuation is complete, she 'accidentally lets' the protection barriers slip, where Hizel can see it. Hizel shows up and gloats "So, have you come to embrace your death?" To which her response would be "No, I've come to embrace our death", and *boop*, no more dimension. No more Hizel. No more Fa'Lina. Makes a sacrifice play with her last bit of energy, removing the most dangerous opponent on the board with her. It's something I could see her doing.

Hm...Yeah that something I could see happening especially since he betrayed her and killed her entire clan. 

Tuyu

Why's it called "Lost Lake", anyway? I mean, the lake's not lost, it's right there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on December 18, 2016, 01:06:09 AM
Why's it called "Lost Lake", anyway? I mean, the lake's not lost, it's right there.

"Two Guns had annihilated themselves when people tried to take them apart, and one, its lenses staring down a pair of electron microscopes, had created a series of nano-bang matricial holes in the World Court's Anifrast Institute of Technology before whatever bizarre event had occurred which led to the Institute and all it contained (except for the twenty-three gently radiating holes) and a precise circle of land approximately thirteen hundred metres in diameter disappearing to be replaced with an attractive, perfectly hemispherical salt-water lake stocked with a variety of polar-oceanic plankton, fish and mammals" - Iain M Banks, 'Against a Dark Background'.

TL;DR - suppose you were to remove an area of land the size of a large academic institute plus its bedrock, and warp it into a neighbouring dimension.   What would happen, over the next 7000 years, to the hole left behind...?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E