2016/10/17 [DMFA 1703] A Resounding 'OH NO'

Started by Puyon, October 17, 2016, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puyon

Very rarely do I actually read an update and feel immediate worry. Methinks Mab needs to get in on the party scene. Live it up. Make things crazier and yet safer with her Fey presence.

Also, while I am worried, I can't help but giggle at the thought of everyone having a good time and partying and then a god damn nigh almighty dragon busts in and some scramble around, lost in a panic, and some wonder 'huh, I wonder if dragon dude wants to party too.'
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

I don't know if Hizell knows which club they're going to.  Then again, turning dragon and stomping on every club in the Zinvth area is not going to be that big a deal.  It's not like a handful of demons would be able to stop him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2016, 04:40:34 AM
I don't know if Hizell knows which club they're going to.  Then again, turning dragon and stomping on every club in the Zinvth area is not going to be that big a deal.  It's not like a handful of demons would be able to stop him.

You'd think. And yet... and yet...

... surely Mab can't be the only Fae around. And she is, I think, friends with Missus Soulstealer, as well. So there's deep waters around here somewhere.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Konnash

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 17, 2016, 04:40:34 AM

Hmmm.. Looks like Hizell usually acts by subtle ways. Attacking a city (and Zinvth, of all cities!)?

Mab can't be everywhere at once, and in a past strip she knew someone(s) is/are bound to die...

And being who he is he probably will have some connections/minions to fish out where Abel will go.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Konnash on October 17, 2016, 05:44:23 AM
Hmmm.. Looks like Hizell usually acts by subtle ways. Attacking a city (and Zinvth, of all cities!)?

True.  On the other hand, he has mentioned dealing with it personally, and "making a few bold moves".

Mab can't be everywhere at once, and in a past strip she knew someone(s) is/are bound to die...
One of her special friends.  We don't really know who those are, though.  Fa'Lina, Jyrras and Dan likely fall into that group, but I'm not sure who else.  People she's known a long time.
That doesn't mean that bystanders are safe, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

Mab gave Boone to... five friends, and one remains unclaimed. My assumption is Dan is the fifth, and we've had confirmation that Fa'Lina used hers and it seems reasonable to assume Jyrras had one which was called in with the words "it would mean the world to me" a few strips prior to the one I linked.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Rafe

Quote from: Puyon on October 17, 2016, 12:05:53 AM
Very rarely do I actually read an update and feel immediate worry. Methinks Mab needs to get in on the party scene. Live it up. Make things crazier and yet safer with her Fey presence...

I hope you meant "fae" and not "fey" [1 a chiefly Scottish : fated to die : doomed b : marked by a foreboding of death or calamity.
Rafe

Jasonrevall

I don't think he plans on attacking the group going to the clubs. Alexsi and Pyro are going to be alone, and if it's another dragon he can match Pyro. They're vulnerable.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Puyon

Quote from: Rafe on October 17, 2016, 05:24:48 PM
I hope you meant "fae" and not "fey" [1 a chiefly Scottish : fated to die : doomed b : marked by a foreboding of death or calamity.

Haha, I was just getting mixed up which spelling was right for fairy people in this universe. I was remember the DHS spelling, which is Fey. I gotta remember next time because that is a very unfortunate entendre!!
...By Puyon

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 17, 2016, 05:33:27 PM
I don't think he plans on attacking the group going to the clubs. Alexsi and Pyro are going to be alone, and if it's another dragon he can match Pyro. They're vulnerable.
Pyro is his son, albeit a discarded one, and Hizell is strongly interested in destroying Abel in order to complete his genocide of Clan Siar, as well as not seeming to be aware that Dee and Edward have children, meaning he is that much less likely to go after the one that Dee has no blood relations with.

He is almost definitely going to strike at Abel, even if he doesn't show up at the club himself. And if he did we might not recognize him, bar foreshadowing.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Cassi-kun on October 18, 2016, 01:36:05 AM
Pyro is his son, albeit a discarded one, and Hizell is strongly interested in destroying Abel in order to complete his genocide of Clan Siar, as well as not seeming to be aware that Dee and Edward have children, meaning he is that much less likely to go after the one that Dee has no blood relations with.

He is almost definitely going to strike at Abel, even if he doesn't show up at the club himself. And if he did we might not recognize him, bar foreshadowing.
He may also see his son being with a non dragon an insult as well as the fact that Pyro, out of all of them besides Mab, is the most dangerous and likely to stop him.

Taking out the biggest threat, even if it is his son, makes tactical sense if they're vulnerable.

Prroul

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 18, 2016, 05:59:49 PM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on October 18, 2016, 01:36:05 AM

He may also see his son being with a non dragon an insult as well as the fact that Pyro, out of all of them besides Mab, is the most dangerous and likely to stop him.

Taking out the biggest threat, even if it is his son, makes tactical sense if they're vulnerable.

The only problem is that Mab is almost certainly going to remain at the Tavern. Which means the primary targets is vulnerable and exposed. I expect several subtle assassination attempts that go awry in hilariously ironic methods (spiked drink handed off to a creep, throwing a hip out while dancing causes a dominio effect of falling people that just so happens to cause people to move out of the way from a projectile...) until they get blunt and blatant enough that even Xivinith figures out that someone is trying to kill someone else and shut the place down.

Abel ends up Neurotic, because he picked up more of the assassination attempts than anyone, Wildey is laughing uproariously up to the point where she realizes what is going on, then gets... very, very calm. JyJy remains completely oblivious to the whole situation until it is explained to him. Some plot exposition later, and Jy decides to 'get serious'.

Jasonrevall

I dunno, I thought the fact that Wildy pointed out that they'd have the inn to themselves was a hint that Mab wouldn't be there but I guess Mab could be creeping around  :mowninja

Also all those other things could also happen, but what if Hizel himself or another agent goes to the inn as well?

Prroul

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 18, 2016, 08:34:51 PM
I dunno, I thought the fact that Wildy pointed out that they'd have the inn to themselves was a hint that Mab wouldn't be there but I guess Mab could be creeping around  :mowninja

Also all those other things could also happen, but what if Hizel himself or another agent goes to the inn as well?
If Hizel goes to the Inn, then Mab takes off the kid gloves. Remember Hizel complaining that even though he avoided using force, the fact that it wasn't an option in this case is frustrating. Mab is one of the very few beings in the multiverse that Hizel truly fears, or at least respects the power of. Everything else can be dealt with, but Mab is a trump card.

Abel is the target, because until he dies, Hizel's plan is incomplete. His draconic ego can not let him survive. Hizel also wouldn't mind taking a swipe at Dan, but that isn't going to happen as long as Dan is at SAIA or another Tri-Wing's domain. So yea, this is Abel he's going after.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Prroul on October 18, 2016, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 18, 2016, 08:34:51 PM

If Hizel goes to the Inn, then Mab takes off the kid gloves. Remember Hizel complaining that even though he avoided using force, the fact that it wasn't an option in this case is frustrating. Mab is one of the very few beings in the multiverse that Hizel truly fears, or at least respects the power of. Everything else can be dealt with, but Mab is a trump card.

Abel is the target, because until he dies, Hizel's plan is incomplete. His draconic ego can not let him survive. Hizel also wouldn't mind taking a swipe at Dan, but that isn't going to happen as long as Dan is at SAIA or another Tri-Wing's domain. So yea, this is Abel he's going after.

So what you're saying is he can kill all her friends without recompense as long as it doesn't happen at the inn? I think I missed the part where the inn was some kind of hallowed ground. I always thought it was just that he can't attack while Mab is present and Wildy said they'd be there alone but maybe I'm missing something.

Delian Williams

I think Hizel will attack this problem with more strategic thought... like stated above, Mab won't be in two places at the same time (while she probably could). If I were Hizel and had an interest in attacking Lost Lake per se I would strike in both locations, see if Mab is staying at the inn and send a goon whose demise won't be missed much to whereever she is to endanger her friends there, attack the other place and risk her revenge later on. Only Pip will know, which is the better route to take for Mab, so once again we may see his true character. I wonder if he will suddenly get sick or something...

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Cassi-kun

Hizell may be uncertain as to whether Mab guards the inn specifically, or its occupants. Mab serves as a safeguard against him destroying the Lost Lake area entirely, but if he knows that Mab and Abel are apart - especially if he deems Abel to be "not an ally/friend" OF Mab - he is quite likely to make a move against Abel... even if he restricts his opening move to simple reconnaissance.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Cassi-kun on October 19, 2016, 05:41:40 PM
Hizell may be uncertain as to whether Mab guards the inn specifically, or its occupants. Mab serves as a safeguard against him destroying the Lost Lake area entirely, but if he knows that Mab and Abel are apart - especially if he deems Abel to be "not an ally/friend" OF Mab - he is quite likely to make a move against Abel... even if he restricts his opening move to simple reconnaissance.

Yes but if that hand is Hizell's he JUST heard Wildy say it would only be Pyro and Alexsi at the inn. So that probably means Mab is away from the Inn and if he's good at villaining he can find a way to get an agent to the inn that won't directly link back to him that can work with the dual purpose of probing the inns defenses and maybe even eliminating a threat to his greater strategy. Even if he doesn't take out Pyro taking out Alexsi will destroy his spirit and make him vulnerable.

Either way we're coming up on a likely spot where we get to see if one of the two friends mentioned is in this group of friends we're used to.

Alondro

This is why you always need to stock up on Black Arrows.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif