2016/04/29 [DMFA #1661]: The next desk will be disposable

Started by Tapewolf, April 29, 2016, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Page 1643 seems to be about the time the egg disappeared.

I wonder if Jyrras is going to break the news, or just sit and stew?  Arguably Abel has a right to know how precarious his position is, and in any case he knows some pieces of the puzzle already.
It may be that Jyrras is going to do it later - Abel is liable to pick up on the fact that he's deeply emotionally disturbed anyway and presumably he knows how to deal with that, having had a couple of centuries to learn all about emotions and mental states.

Also, wholemeal bread is the only way to go.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not sure that Jyrras realised how much Abel already knows, nor how capable Abel actually is. So, in his mind, he's perfectly fine with not mentioning it, in order to protect Abel from the fallout.

Wrong, but give what he knows, suspects, and doesn't know, it's reasonable to think that way.

Of course, it's Jyjy. For all I know, he'll man up and talk to Abel directly. Who knows?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Somebodyelse

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 29, 2016, 08:01:14 PM
I'm not sure that Jyrras realised how much Abel already knows, nor how capable Abel actually is. So, in his mind, he's perfectly fine with not mentioning it, in order to protect Abel from the fallout.

This might sound weird, but all things considered Jyrras probably is the best capable of dealing with this kind of threat.

He's got the corp backings, the "mining equipment" and now a potential supply of anti-magic metals. A giant angry elder dragon comes knocking at the door and of everyone in his circle of friends that isn't a fae he's got the best chance of being actually able to stand up to it.

That said, he's probably just having a hard time thinking up a way to break the news to them. I really can't see him trying to shoulder the burden all by himself.

Delian Williams

Disposable desks might be a better idea than magically reinforced desks. A flipped table has to land somewhere, as they don't fly either.

I wish those two will see happier days together... overcoming their worries and insecurities, getting away from that gloom. Something along the lines of happy baking antics or something. They're both so cute!

Kudos for mad continuity skills down to the pens in Jyrras' hair.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Merlin

For someone with no shirt, Biggs is extremely stealthy at nicking office supplies

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on April 29, 2016, 10:34:34 PM
For someone with no shirt, Biggs is extremely stealthy at nicking office supplies

He is. On the other hand, he -does- have a certain amount of magic to hand to assist in his kleptomania. And you must admit, he -did- have a very good distraction. ;-]

Razmoudah

It makes me wonder if he could out 'borrow' a Kender.  Does anyone here even know what a Kender is?

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Razmoudah on April 30, 2016, 11:04:35 AM
It makes me wonder if he could out 'borrow' a Kender.  Does anyone here even know what a Kender is?

You mention something related to Dragonlance and ask if we know what it is? This is a place full of nerds of course we do  :giggle

Also Biggs is even eviler than Wildy leaving Jyrras looking like that. Dun make the tiny cutey sad like that  :<
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Razmoudah

I had to ask, the younger nerd crowd just doesn't seem to be as familiar with Dragonlance anymore.  It's kinda sad, because Kenders are really fun characters, even if some of them are now Afflicted.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Razmoudah on May 01, 2016, 01:41:35 PM
I had to ask, the younger nerd crowd just doesn't seem to be as familiar with Dragonlance anymore.  It's kinda sad, because Kenders are really fun characters, even if some of them are now Afflicted.

Kenders have -always- been afflicted. With kleptomania. :-P

Razmoudah

No, Kenders don't have kleptomania.  They just borrow things, frequently without asking and usually without even realizing they have borrowed something new.

The Afflicted are from the Third Age, after a red dragon so massive and powerful managed to have a Dragon Fear Aura great enough to overpower their innate immunity to fear effects.  So now some have been Afflicted With Fear.